Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Honma T//World XP-1

It seems that every time I turn on my phone, there's a set of Honma T//World XP-1's staring at me.  It's making me a little uneasy.  They're starting to look at me the way those bleepin' Reese's Peanut Butter Trees used to just before they'd jump into my shopping cart.  I don't know why they have to pick on me!

In all seriousness, they have my attention.  I understand that Honma has a great reputation and makes really good quality stuff.  Does anyone have experience with these they'd be willing to share.  I can get a set (5-11) for a little over $500.  It looks to me like they sell for around $200/club on the Honma website.  I'd question the authenticity, but I've found this particular seller to be reputable in past dealings with them.

I can't find a lot on them other than they were the most forgiving in the Most Wanted testing in 2020 (which is just what I'm looking for).  I'd love to know if any of you have experience with these, even if it was just hitting them for the Most Wanted testing.

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

I'd love to know if any of you have experience with these, even if it was just hitting them for the Most Wanted testing.

I guess that comment was targeted at me since I am the only most wanted tester that seems to post on here.

Honestly it is hard to remember all the individual clubs over the duration of the testing season. That said, Honma was one of the most impressive club lines that I hit last year. I liked them so much that Tr-20 series is in my bag.

I always advocate that you try to hit clubs before purchase but as we all know that isn’t always possible or we just have to have some specific club.

With that qualification I think Honma makes great clubs and are underrated in the US market because they aren’t well known.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

I guess that comment was targeted at me since I am the only most wanted tester that seems to post on here.

Honestly it is hard to remember all the individual clubs over the duration of the testing season. That said, Honma was one of the most impressive club lines that I hit last year. I liked them so much that Tr-20 series is in my bag.

I always advocate that you try to hit clubs before purchase but as we all know that isn’t always possible or we just have to have some specific club.

With that qualification I think Honma makes great clubs and are underrated in the US market because they aren’t well known.

Didn't mean to make you feel like a target😉  I couldn't remember who was part of the testing group.  I knew I'd seen Honma in someone's signature as well, but again couldn't remember who.

I agree with hitting them, when you can.  I think I'd be hard pressed to find some lefty Honmas anywhere around.  I actually was wading through looking for Ping G series clubs when the Honmas popped up.  I have gotten to hit several iterations of the G series so I have a pretty good idea of what I'd be getting in to, which was why I was digging online.  When I saw the Honma they really caught my attention and I figured I should find out what I could before I made a decision one way or the other.

Thanks for the response.  I'll have to stew on these for a few days.

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

On 2/19/2021 at 8:52 AM, 00sportsman said:

It seems that every time I turn on my phone, there's a set of Honma T//World XP-1's staring at me.  It's making me a little uneasy.  They're starting to look at me the way those bleepin' Reese's Peanut Butter Trees used to just before they'd jump into my shopping cart.  I don't know why they have to pick on me!

In all seriousness, they have my attention.  I understand that Honma has a great reputation and makes really good quality stuff.  Does anyone have experience with these they'd be willing to share.  I can get a set (5-11) for a little over $500.  It looks to me like they sell for around $200/club on the Honma website.  I'd question the authenticity, but I've found this particular seller to be reputable in past dealings with them.

I can't find a lot on them other than they were the most forgiving in the Most Wanted testing in 2020 (which is just what I'm looking for).  I'd love to know if any of you have experience with these, even if it was just hitting them for the Most Wanted testing.

Just a heads-up, there are new XP-1 irons and driver on there way to a Honma rep near you! I’ve seen the driver. I can’t speak to the XP-1 line specifically, but have no worry about Honma as a whole! Top-level stuff!!!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX