TESTERS WANTED! ×

Graphite wedge shaft pull

I suppose my fitter will answer this but I’m inpatient and you guys are good.

I have a SCOR 53 with my preferred graphite shaft in it. The wedge head itself is pretty well spent and I prefer the 52 that I have if I’m gaming the SCORs which I will continue to do until I get more comfortable with the Edison’s.

So I have a 58 with a steal shaft - the head is still in very good shape. Should the fitter be able to pull the shaft from the 53 and put it in the 58?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I don't see why not since it is the same head just a different loft; probably just have to change the ferule since it will most likely melt from the heat.   The only question would be if you have all your wedges at the same length. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

55 minutes ago, revkev said:

I have a SCOR 53 with my preferred graphite shaft in it. The wedge head itself is pretty well spent and I prefer the 52 that I have if I’m gaming the SCORs which I will continue to do until I get more comfortable with the Edison’s.

So I have a 58 with a steal shaft - the head is still in very good shape. Should the fitter be able to pull the shaft from the 53 and put it in the 58?

Yes.  If I remember correctly, you had very lightweight shafts in your SCORs.  Did you have that shaft in your original 58?  Might feel light otherwise.  I always liked a little weightier SW/LW.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, revkev said:

I agree that the ferrule will melt, but hopefully your fitter will be cautious and go light on the heat. Graphite shafts will melt very quickly with too much heat. Whenever I pull graphite, even with adapters, I use a tension shaft puller and a heat gun, set on low. It takes a little longer, but the shaft doesn't melt and break. Nothing better than destroying the shaft you want to keep. Good luck.

Mizuno ST190, 9 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Mizuno ST190, 14 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 7S

Mizuno ST200 , 18 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Miura CB 301, 4 iron, Fujikura Ventus 9x

Miura CB 301, 5-PW Nippon Modus 120S

Miura K Grind, 52, 54 and 58, Nippon Modus 130s  hand ground by Usher Golf

Miura KM 006 LH 

Yes.  If I remember correctly, you had very lightweight shafts in your SCORs.  Did you have that shaft in your original 58?  Might feel light otherwise.  I always liked a little weightier SW/LW.

I think see to prefer a heavier shaft but that’s changed. I actually have a KBS tour metal shaft in it right now - don’t like it, the shaft, at all.

Worst case scenario I just continue to game the 60 until I’m comfortable with the Edison’s

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD