TESTERS WANTED! ×

WGC Workday Championship

fixyurdivot

3 hours ago, ncwoz said:

Is it just me or does Bryson look like he's slimmed a pretty decent amount from his most bulked form? Could have just been a camera angle or something, but I swear he looks a lot slimmer than I'm remembering the last year.

Bigger clothes? 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

5 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Bigger clothes? 

@THEZIPR23 mentioned he's tried slimming down a bit lately. According to an article I saw earlier, seems as though he last ~10 pounds since his previous high

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

22 minutes ago, ncwoz said:

@THEZIPR23 mentioned he's tried slimming down a bit lately. According to an article I saw earlier, seems as though he last ~10 pounds since his previous high

Well whatever he lost, Cameron Smith gained.  He looks a bit heavier and stout this year...or is it the new mane and stache doing that?  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

4 hours ago, jlukes said:

Soly from No Laying Up is a +1.  They played from the Gold Tees at just over 7,000 yards.  He shot 85

But they also talked about how they would intentionally slow down the greens for this weekend vs the speed they played at

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

4 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Well whatever he lost, Cameron Smith gained.  He looks a bit heavier and stout this year...or is it the ne mane and stache doing that?  

I think it’s the business look from the front giving off that impression 😂😂😂 mullets for days

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

Great putt by Tony on 18 to stop the bleeding.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Well, the guarantee of hitting the ball a long way and blowing away the field is once again proven incorrect by Bryson shooting a smooth +6! Just TWELVE strokes behind the leaders.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Well, the guarantee of hitting the ball a long way and blowing away the field is once again proven incorrect by Bryson shooting a smooth +6! Just TWELVE strokes behind the leaders.
I think Bryson is in the middle of a tinker time. I feel like he did this last year where he is trying to figure it out and once he does I'm looking forward to the fantasy points he brings in haha.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Well whatever he lost, Cameron Smith gained.  He looks a bit heavier and stout this year...or is it the new mane and stache doing that?  

I don’t care whether it’s the weight or the hair/stache as long as it keeps working!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

4 minutes ago, 00sportsman said:

I don’t care whether it’s the weight or the hair/stache as long as it keeps working!

Yea, someone else I'm playing against this week has him on the roster and I'm sitting looking at the TV yelling "where they heck were you last season?" My new super-duper draft algorithm had him low on the list this year as rumors were circling that he was to marry... and we've recently seen Cupids effect on some players 🙂.

Yea, someone else I'm playing against this week has him on the roster and I'm sitting looking at the TV yelling "where they heck were you last season?" My new super-duper draft algorithm had him low on the list this year as rumors were circling that he was to marry... and we've recently seen Cupids effect on some players .

Clearly you didn’t know about the hair and mustache, or you would have known that Cupid is powerless against a force of nature like that (unless he marries Delilah.)

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Do I dare say Finau is in the hunt after the first day with 2 back from the leaders. Maybe this will be his week? . 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Hitting on Bryson again he was always an extremely streaky player before his make over - perhaps that tendency hasn't changed.  A benefit of season long fantasy golf is that you see that even top 50 players (or top 10) often go through long stretches where they are off.

It makes a generational player like Tiger or Jack that much more incredible.  If you look at their prime years they each seemingly had one down stretch, for them a year and a half or so without a major.  Jack won three majors after the age of 40, when he was essentially playing part time, that's a Hall of Fame career, post prime, playing part time.

So back to Bryson he may simply be a player who when he's on is really tough and when he's off, he's off.  Lanny Watkins and Ray Floyd jump to mind although Bryson has a long, long way to go to get to Floyd's level.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Do I dare say Finau is in the hunt after the first day with 2 back from the leaders. Maybe this will be his week? . 

Nooooo
Maybe it’s his week....

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

8 minutes ago, revkev said:

Hitting on Bryson again he was always an extremely streaky player before his make over - perhaps that tendency hasn't changed.  A benefit of season long fantasy golf is that you see that even top 50 players (or top 10) often go through long stretches where they are off.

It makes a generational player like Tiger or Jack that much more incredible.  If you look at their prime years they each seemingly had one down stretch, for them a year and a half or so without a major.  Jack won three majors after the age of 40, when he was essentially playing part time, that's a Hall of Fame career, post prime, playing part time.

So back to Bryson he may simply be a player who when he's on is really tough and when he's off, he's off.  Lanny Watkins and Ray Floyd jump to mind although Bryson has a long, long way to go to get to Floyd's level.

Good points.  As compared to a team comprised of the top 8 OWGR, this group is killing them...to date.  4289.9 pts vs.  3236.35 pts.  Please tell me no one has this roster.

image.png.57ce61b3744e1af7351d2599935b4479.png

5 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

He's off to a great start today!

Right Handed

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

WITB thread here

I am certainly not one to tell PGA pros how to play pitch/chip shots from off the green, but...

I've been sitting here watch the broadcast feeling miserable after my 2nd C-19 shot yesterday.  I cannot believe how many players seem to be playing a shot that they think will hop a couple of times and check up.  Problem is, the ball isn't checking up for the most part and they have a long par putt.  I'm not very good at that shot, but after a few times I would think they would fly the ball a little higher and shorter and allow for rollout.  That's my stock shot; not saying I could do better, but don't keep doing the same thing!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I just noticed Wolff withdrew from the event.  I didn't read that it was due to injury.  That's kind of surprising given there is no cut.  Sure, yesterday was a disaster but one would think he'd take advantage of the next three rounds to right the ship and shake off the gremlins.  Plus, with his talent level, he stands a better than average chance of taking home more than the last place $32,000 payout.  

5 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I am certainly not one to tell PGA pros how to play pitch/chip shots from off the green, but...

I've been sitting here watch the broadcast feeling miserable after my 2nd C-19 shot yesterday.  I cannot believe how many players seem to be playing a shot that they think will hop a couple of times and check up.  Problem is, the ball isn't checking up for the most part and they have a long par putt.  I'm not very good at that shot, but after a few times I would think they would fly the ball a little higher and shorter and allow for rollout.  That's my stock shot; not saying I could do better, but don't keep doing the same thing!!

I wonder if it's due to these particular greens and the variation in grain and slope they just don't see... the very ones Jack intended them not to 😆.  Sorry to hear you're feeling lousy from shot #2 but, by all accounts, you'll be back to normal in a day or two.  Let's hope C19 vaccinations do not become an annual event much like flu shots 😐.

6 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I just noticed Wolff withdrew from the event.  I didn't read that it was due to injury.  That's kind of surprising given there is no cut.  Sure, yesterday was a disaster but one would think he'd take advantage of the next three rounds to right the ship and shake off the gremlins.  Plus, with his talent level, he stands a better than average chance of taking home more than the last place $32,000 payout.  

His head was not into the round for whatever reason.  But a lot of big dogs struggled.  If there is no injury, I feel they should play.  It's part of the game to rebound, and he could have had 3 great days and catch up.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 minute ago, fixyurdivot said:

I wonder if it's due to these particular greens and the variation in grain and slope they just don't see... the very ones Jack intended them not to 😆.  Sorry to hear you're feeling lousy from shot #2 but, by all accounts, you'll be back to normal in a day or two.  Let's hope C19 vaccinations do not become an annual event much like flu shots 😐.

Thanks, my flu shot was painless but it was given by a doc, not some National Guardswomen (that probably hates old guys).  🤣

OMG Viktor... this is a horror show 😱.  This game is both hard and cruel.  

I'm throwing a vote in for this course to become a regular stop... we need a few more of these precision, think your way around the course venues.  Billy Horschel described it perfectly in his post round interview.  You have to plan where you're going to miss it as much as where you want to land it. 👍

3 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I'm throwing a vote in for this course to become a regular stop... we need a few more of these precision, think your way around the course venues.  Billy Horschel described it perfectly in his post round interview.  You have to plan where you're going to miss it as much as where you want to land it. 👍

I think the more they play it, the lower the scores.

3 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I think the more they play it, the lower the scores.

No doubt.  These guys learn quickly and would identify the stay away shot selections. That said, I just like these less TPC style layouts for the more demanding position play and more punitive aspect of Concessions, or as Azinger called it, Concussions 😆.

I’d love to know how they get the fairways so firm. None of the courses I play are like that! Greens yes but we’ve had way more rain than normal this winter. It’s only finally dried out the past week and a half or so.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

7 minutes ago, revkev said:

I’d love to know how they get the fairways so firm. None of the courses I play are like that! Greens yes but we’ve had way more rain than normal this winter. It’s only finally dried out the past week and a half or so.

I've always wondered the same thing. I've heard some people say that PGA fairways can be just as firm and fast as many average muni greens!

Right Handed

WITB thread here

10 minutes ago, revkev said:

I'm guessing just cut height.  Someone on the forum, on another "excessive distance thread", provided some interesting, very telling, data on fairway cut heights over the decades.  Basically, they've been getting shorter as the years roll along. 

Like you and @ncwoz, long rollout fairways are the exception not the norm for the courses I play.  It also seems that many of the landing areas the longer hitters get to are downgrade... the perfect combo for crazy drives.