Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

WGC Workday Championship

fixyurdivot

On 2/25/2021 at 5:31 PM, fixyurdivot said:

Well whatever he lost, Cameron Smith gained.  He looks a bit heavier and stout this year...or is it the new mane and stache doing that?  

Looks like Hideki and Smith are on the same diet😳

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

I'm guessing just cut height.  Someone on the forum, on another "excessive distance thread", provided some interesting, very telling, data on fairway cut heights over the decades.  Basically, they've been getting shorter as the years roll along. 
Like you and [mention=88299]ncwoz[/mention], long rollout fairways are the exception not the norm for the courses I play.  It also seems that many of the landing areas the longer hitters get to are downgrade... the perfect combo for crazy drives.

Trust me there aren’t many “downgrades” on that course. It’s extremely flare other than the dirt moved for the green complexes. There may be all of a 10 foot elevation change throughout the course. :)

It’s hard to imagine fairway length making up for wet turf but this time of year with temps in the 80’s and a week and a half of no rain I could see it. I’m guessing that’s it.

Our green speeds right now are incredible, they can get them really fast because it’s just the right temp for it.

Look out tomorrow and the next few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

6 hours ago, revkev said:

Trust me there aren’t many “downgrades” on that course.

Yea Kevin, I wasn't really speaking specifically about Concussion but rather all the various courses played on the tour schedule.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Well "moving day' definitely saw a few relocations on the leaderboard. I was playing today and didn't see any live coverage but looking forward to seeing the finale tomorrow. 

I was trying to find some new information on why Wolff withdrew and there still is nothing officially released that I can find.  I did find this article interesting and a little concerning at the same time.  He was apparently quite aloof most of the day and, uncharacteristically, kept to himself. Could certainly be some personal matters going on that affected his concentration.  It's easy to forget just how young some of these players are.

Isolation era can be difficult on a player's game and psyche | Golf Channel

Well "moving day' definitely saw a few relocations on the leaderboard. I was playing today and didn't see any live coverage but looking forward to seeing the finale tomorrow. 
I was trying to find some new information on why Wolff withdrew and there still is nothing officially released that I can find.  I did find this article interesting and a little concerning at the same time.  He was apparently quite aloof most of the day and, uncharacteristically, kept to himself. Could certainly be some personal matters going on that affected his concentration.  It's easy to forget just how young some of these players are.
Isolation era can be difficult on a player's game and psyche | Golf Channel

This was a very sad read. I’ve seen any number of people abnormally effected of course it’s bound to happen to athletes.

My sister in law is about to die and now my cousin has Ovarian cancer which is never a good thing. One wonders if those women avoided normal doctors appointments due to a fear of COVID. I think we are starting to see the impact of that type of stuff now.

I hope he is able to snap out of it as things continue to loosen up.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Image1614477640.755841.jpg

I took this picture to try and illustrate that the ground in Florida is still pretty moist. This is 20 yards behind the 9th green at our local muni today.

This is why I marveled at how dry the Concession is.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Man, Viktor is having a heck of a comeback after his quad!

Right Handed

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

WITB thread here

45 minutes ago, ncwoz said:

Man, Viktor is having a heck of a comeback after his quad!

Yup.  Had he been able to keep that to a double, or worse, a triple, he's leading right now.  Collin looking very solid and in the zone... someone is going to have to take some chances to catch him.

13 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Yup.  Had he been able to keep that to a double, or worse, a triple, he's leading right now.  Collin looking very solid and in the zone... someone is going to have to take some chances to catch him.

Yup, no doubt. Doesn't seem like anyone is quite ready to make a surge and take it from Colin at this point.

Right Handed

WITB thread here

20 hours ago, revkev said:

This was a very sad read. I’ve seen any number of people abnormally effected of course it’s bound to happen to athletes.

My sister in law is about to die and now my cousin has Ovarian cancer which is never a good thing. One wonders if those women avoided normal doctors appointments due to a fear of COVID. I think we are starting to see the impact of that type of stuff now.

I hope he is able to snap out of it as things continue to loosen up.

So sorry to hear that, you are in our prayers. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Congratulations to Collin Morikawa on a great win and an even greater post round interview and tribute to his hero's. 

Congratulations to Collin Morikawa on a great win and an even greater post round interview and tribute to his hero's. 

That kid is good. Only 24 and a force.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Great win for Morikawa!!  Shows he can win from the lead as well as come from behind with a star-studded field.  Lots of hype for the new young stars; he has jumped to the top of that group for sure.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

He played every shot that he needed to.

Interesting how low these guys went. Not likely to see scores that low at Honda or Valspar but this course was fun -constant risk reward

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

41 minutes ago, revkev said:

He played every shot that he needed to.

Interesting how low these guys went. Not likely to see scores that low at Honda or Valspar but this course was fun -constant risk reward

I think it was more interesting how high some of their scores were. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

12 hours ago, cnosil said:

I think it was more interesting how high some of their scores were. 

Actually I think the diversity in scoring and also the blow up holes that many players experienced made this a great course for a big PGA tournament.  It might be the new measure, in fact, not that the course defends par but that it defends good play.  The people that struck the ball well, managed their game to avoid big numbers while attacking when birdies were available, putted and chipped well, did the best.  What more could you ask for?

PGA National bludgeons you to death.  There's no option on several of the holes, no place to miss and if you get the wrong gust of wind you're toast.  In many ways its not fair.  Copperhead is a great course but there aren't double bogeys lurking around every swing and in the grand scheme of things the greens are pretty benign, slope front to back sort of things, small though so they do reward solid iron play.  Concessions made them think - I'm going to have to adjust my thinking to accept that this, rather than final score, is the better test.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I must say - it was nice to see pros playing most of the clubs in their bag. this was a good setup.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

....perhaps someone might want to step in before this crosses the line. 

Just a thought.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Thread cleaned up to remove discussion involving personal political comments.  Keep it on topic 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

2 hours ago, revkev said:

Actually I think the diversity in scoring and also the blow up holes that many players experienced made this a great course for a big PGA tournament.  It might be the new measure, in fact, not that the course defends par but that it defends good play.  The people that struck the ball well, managed their game to avoid big numbers while attacking when birdies were available, putted and chipped well, did the best.  What more could you ask for?

I think these kinds of setups are quickly becoming my favorite to watch. Even though Collin had things going so well throughout the final round and was in control, it still felt very possible that he could get tripped up on a hole and let some other guys back in, or that Brooks or someone else might put together a whirlwind last few holes and really put the pressure on. There's plenty of tournaments that basically feel wrapped up if there's a 3 stroke lead on the final 9. Concession (to me) didn't truly feel like it was done dealing until Brooks didn't convert the birdie putt on 17

Right Handed

WITB thread here

Thread cleaned up to remove discussion involving personal political comments.  Keep it on topic 

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

That fairway trap shot Koepka hit was unbelievable.  I forget the exact hole but late on the back 9 to a back left pin to about 10'.  I think he made that birdie putt, I couldn't find a scorecard with shot tracker to verify.

Then I watched the LPGA replay last night and the waste bunker shot Angel Yin hit after rinsing her second shot on the 15th, getting it close to that pin location & making the par putt was just as impressive. 

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.