Our Sponsors

Winning on the PGA Tour is hard, really hard.¬† Repeating is even harder.¬†This event moves from Mexico City to Bradenton, FL and Concessions GC (what a great name btw ūüĎć).¬† It starts a run of events in the Sunshine State. Will Patrick repeat?¬† Will Rory get the final piece to his WGC-Slam?¬† Will JT emerge from the personal loss and return to his normal form?¬†

Time to pick your horses.

Patrick Reed will defend the title he won last season at the Club de Golf Chapultapec. (Keyur Khamar/PGA TOUR)

• Like 4

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small:¬†Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW¬† ¬†(removed from¬†double secret probation¬†ūüėć)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thread cleaned up to remove discussion involving personal political comments.  Keep it on topic 

Well, the guarantee of hitting the ball a long way and blowing away the field is once again proven incorrect by Bryson shooting a smooth +6! Just TWELVE strokes behind the leaders.

Posted Images

I just pick him up in a trade so I’m going with Scottie Scheffler for the W. He is playing well and has been towards the top of the leaderboard almost every week. 

• Like 1

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

I'm still getting spooled up on how player fields are determined for the 4 World Golf Champion events. I thought I had it correct but I didn't. I'm still researching this but, best I can tell, there are slight differences in how the fields are selected.  If anyone has the scoop on this, please share.

I also was unaware of the history behind the now over two decades old format and that it has not exactly enjoyed a smooth ride along the way. For instance, did you know that these events are run by the International Federation of PGA Tours? (I did not). Did you know that Greg Norman was instrumental in its creation? (I did not). I also did not know that DJ is the only player to own a WGC Slam.  Tiger and Rory are still looking for one each to complete their slam.

For me, they've just always been another venue on the tour and I like watching all of them.  Now just trying to understand the field selection process a little better.

I'm going with Reed for the repeat... hey, what can I say, he's on my team¬†ūüôā.

• Like 3

:ping-small:¬†Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW¬† ¬†(removed from¬†double secret probation¬†ūüėć)

8 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I'm still getting spooled up on how player fields are determined for the 4 World Golf Champion events. I thought I had it correct but I didn't. I'm still researching this but, best I can tell, there are slight differences in how the fields are selected.  If anyone has the scoop on this, please share.

I also was unaware of the history behind the now over two decades old format and that it has not exactly enjoyed a smooth ride along the way. For instance, did you know that these events are run by the International Federation of PGA Tours? (I did not). Did you know that Greg Norman was instrumental in its creation? (I did not). I also did not know that DJ is the only player to own a WGC Slam.  Tiger and Rory are still looking for one each to complete their slam.

For me, they've just always been another venue on the tour and I like watching all of them.  Now just trying to understand the field selection process a little better.

I'm going with Reed for the repeat... hey, what can I say, he's on my team¬†ūüôā.

Here is the breakdown I found on Wikipedia.  Homa got in by virtue of his win getting him to #10 in FedEx points. 

2494F9D3-E0F3-474A-A5D1-C7D4739139B4.png

• Like 3

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

WGCs always remind me of this amazing stat:

Lifetime WGC Wins

1) Tiger Woods (18)

2) Dustin Johnson (6)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 59D
:scotty-small: Phantom X 5.5 (2021)
:titelist-small: ProV1
33 minutes ago, jlukes said:

WGCs always remind me of this amazing stat:

Lifetime WGC Wins

1) Tiger Woods (18)

2) Dustin Johnson (6)

Yes but Tigers WGC table wobbles and DJ's is rock solid¬†ūüėČ. Great stat however, considering that 97% of the PGA players will not achieve 18 wins in the career let alone 18 on one subset of events. (Note; I completely made up the 97%... but doubt it's off by much).

Should be decent weather in Florida this week/weekend

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

It's supposed to be close to 90 on Sunday.¬† Ball should be flying.¬† This is a course that I've actually played, though not from 7,400 yards. ūüôā

• Like 4

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

I got Sungjae or Brooks to win it this week. I also want Wolff to turn it around, his driver has been off the past couple weekends. 

• Like 2

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver

:adams-small: GT Tight Lies 3 & 5 wood

:taylormade-small: SLDR AW - 4 iron S flex

:cleveland-small:¬†Rotex 2.0 RTX 588 56¬į

:titelist-small:¬†Vokey SM7 08M 60¬į

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

Here's some interesting reading on Concession's course. Note: I bummed out because I'm only about 20 miles away and can't attend. 

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/concession-golf-club-pga-tour-wgc-nbc-paul-azinger

• Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

26 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Here's some interesting reading on Concession's course. Note: I bummed out because I'm only about 20 miles away and can't attend. 

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/concession-golf-club-pga-tour-wgc-nbc-paul-azinger

Wow, this track looks brutal.¬† It's up there with the likes of Kiawah Island and Bethpage Black.¬† Perhaps this is a typo, but is the rating/slope even higher since the renovation?¬† BAD, having played here before, and if his driver is accurate, looks to have a slight advantage. It boggles my mind¬†reading "if you see the course from 310 yard carry distance off the tee, it's not very hard"... just nuts.¬†ūüė≤

image.png.22190a4f6871af8ba48f7fb7949b5c92.png

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Wow, this track looks brutal.¬† It's up there with the likes of Kiawah Island and Bethpage Black.¬† Perhaps this is a typo, but is the rating/slope even higher since the renovation?¬† BAD, having played here before, and if his driver is accurate, looks to have a slight advantage. It boggles my mind¬†reading "if you see the course from 310 yard carry distance off the tee, it's not very hard"... just nuts.¬†ūüė≤

image.png.22190a4f6871af8ba48f7fb7949b5c92.png

ūüėĪ¬†before the reno? I can forget about breaking 90 on this course¬†

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

17 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

90 I am thinking breaking 100 would be an accomplishment right there the track sounds like quite a challenge especially since I don't have that 310 carry¬†ūüėÜ

• Like 2

:SuperSpeed: Follow My Super Speed Progress Here 

:cobra-small:¬†Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9¬į Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small:¬†'07 Burner 15¬į Reax 50 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small:¬†816 H1 18¬į Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small:¬†816 H1 21¬į Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70¬†Stiff Flex

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300

:Hogan:¬†Equalizer 52¬į (at 54¬į)/ 56¬į (at 58¬į) KBS Tour V 110 Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small:  Cleveland SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

:ping-small: Hoofer Bag

Right Handed

38 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

A good many of us might finding breaking 90 on The Gimme Course challenging¬†ūüôā.¬† Sounds like a fun venue with holes being designed to look like famous holes around the globe.¬† I think you Florida Boyz should meet-up and play both courses.... need intel on possible locations for the National MGS Roundup.

Par-3 and Putting Course - Concession Golf Club (wpengine.com)

• Hmmm 3

38 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

A good many of us might finding breaking 90 on The Gimme Course challenging¬†ūüôā.¬† Sounds like a fun venue with holes being designed to look like famous holes around the globe.¬† I think you Florida Boyz should meet-up and play both courses.... need intel on possible locations for the National MGS Roundup.

Par-3 and Putting Course - Concession Golf Club (wpengine.com)

Ok I think I might be able to break 90 (on the Par 3 course)¬†ūüėä

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

Well, TGC has decided I'm watching the Puerto Rico Open this morning.  Not complaining mind you. As windy as it is here today, the interwebz could be kaput.

• Like 3

And... as if on queue, they are switching over to the WGC¬†ūüėć

• Like 3

Is it just me or does Bryson look like he's slimmed a pretty decent amount from his most bulked form? Could have just been a camera angle or something, but I swear he looks a lot slimmer than I'm remembering the last year.

• Like 3

Right Handed

Driver (9¬į):¬†:cobra-small:¬†Speedzone¬†(HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

FW (15¬į):¬†:callaway-logo-1: X2 Hot (Aldila Tour Green 75 Tx Stiff shaft)

Hybrid (18¬į): :tour-edge:¬†Exotics EXS Pro¬†(Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons (PW-4)  post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS-1's (KBS $-Taper 120g Stiff shafts)

Wedges (50¬į,¬†54¬į & 58¬į)¬†post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg¬†TSW Forged¬†(Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour OR TP5X