Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

4 minutes ago, 00sportsman said:


I don’t care whether it’s the weight or the hair/stache as long as it keeps working!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, someone else I'm playing against this week has him on the roster and I'm sitting looking at the TV yelling "where they heck were you last season?" My new super-duper draft algorithm had him low on the list this year as rumors were circling that he was to marry... and we've recently seen Cupids effect on some players 🙂.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thread cleaned up to remove discussion involving personal political comments.  Keep it on topic 

Well, the guarantee of hitting the ball a long way and blowing away the field is once again proven incorrect by Bryson shooting a smooth +6! Just TWELVE strokes behind the leaders.

Posted Images

Yea, someone else I'm playing against this week has him on the roster and I'm sitting looking at the TV yelling "where they heck were you last season?" My new super-duper draft algorithm had him low on the list this year as rumors were circling that he was to marry... and we've recently seen Cupids effect on some players .

Clearly you didn’t know about the hair and mustache, or you would have known that Cupid is powerless against a force of nature like that (unless he marries Delilah.)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

 

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do I dare say Finau is in the hunt after the first day with 2 back from the leaders. Maybe this will be his week? . 

  • Like 5

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hitting on Bryson again he was always an extremely streaky player before his make over - perhaps that tendency hasn't changed.  A benefit of season long fantasy golf is that you see that even top 50 players (or top 10) often go through long stretches where they are off.

 

It makes a generational player like Tiger or Jack that much more incredible.  If you look at their prime years they each seemingly had one down stretch, for them a year and a half or so without a major.  Jack won three majors after the age of 40, when he was essentially playing part time, that's a Hall of Fame career, post prime, playing part time.

 

So back to Bryson he may simply be a player who when he's on is really tough and when he's off, he's off.  Lanny Watkins and Ray Floyd jump to mind although Bryson has a long, long way to go to get to Floyd's level.

  • Like 2

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Do I dare say Finau is in the hunt after the first day with 2 back from the leaders. Maybe this will be his week? . 

Nooooo
Maybe it’s his week....


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, revkev said:

Hitting on Bryson again he was always an extremely streaky player before his make over - perhaps that tendency hasn't changed.  A benefit of season long fantasy golf is that you see that even top 50 players (or top 10) often go through long stretches where they are off.

 

It makes a generational player like Tiger or Jack that much more incredible.  If you look at their prime years they each seemingly had one down stretch, for them a year and a half or so without a major.  Jack won three majors after the age of 40, when he was essentially playing part time, that's a Hall of Fame career, post prime, playing part time.

 

So back to Bryson he may simply be a player who when he's on is really tough and when he's off, he's off.  Lanny Watkins and Ray Floyd jump to mind although Bryson has a long, long way to go to get to Floyd's level.

Good points.  As compared to a team comprised of the top 8 OWGR, this group is killing them...to date.  4289.9 pts vs.  3236.35 pts.  Please tell me no one has this roster.

image.png.57ce61b3744e1af7351d2599935b4479.png

  • Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Do I dare say Finau is in the hunt after the first day with 2 back from the leaders. Maybe this will be his week? . 

He's off to a great start today!

Right Handed

Driver (9°): :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

FW (15°): :callaway-logo-1: X2 Hot (Aldila Tour Green 75 Tx Stiff shaft)

Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons (PW-4)  post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS-1's (KBS $-Taper 120g Stiff shafts)

Wedges (50° & 54°): post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Wedge (60°): :callaway-logo-1: Mack Daddy 2

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am certainly not one to tell PGA pros how to play pitch/chip shots from off the green, but...

I've been sitting here watch the broadcast feeling miserable after my 2nd C-19 shot yesterday.  I cannot believe how many players seem to be playing a shot that they think will hop a couple of times and check up.  Problem is, the ball isn't checking up for the most part and they have a long par putt.  I'm not very good at that shot, but after a few times I would think they would fly the ball a little higher and shorter and allow for rollout.  That's my stock shot; not saying I could do better, but don't keep doing the same thing!!

  • Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just noticed Wolff withdrew from the event.  I didn't read that it was due to injury.  That's kind of surprising given there is no cut.  Sure, yesterday was a disaster but one would think he'd take advantage of the next three rounds to right the ship and shake off the gremlins.  Plus, with his talent level, he stands a better than average chance of taking home more than the last place $32,000 payout.  

  • Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I am certainly not one to tell PGA pros how to play pitch/chip shots from off the green, but...

I've been sitting here watch the broadcast feeling miserable after my 2nd C-19 shot yesterday.  I cannot believe how many players seem to be playing a shot that they think will hop a couple of times and check up.  Problem is, the ball isn't checking up for the most part and they have a long par putt.  I'm not very good at that shot, but after a few times I would think they would fly the ball a little higher and shorter and allow for rollout.  That's my stock shot; not saying I could do better, but don't keep doing the same thing!!

I wonder if it's due to these particular greens and the variation in grain and slope they just don't see... the very ones Jack intended them not to 😆.  Sorry to hear you're feeling lousy from shot #2 but, by all accounts, you'll be back to normal in a day or two.  Let's hope C19 vaccinations do not become an annual event much like flu shots 😐.

  • Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I just noticed Wolff withdrew from the event.  I didn't read that it was due to injury.  That's kind of surprising given there is no cut.  Sure, yesterday was a disaster but one would think he'd take advantage of the next three rounds to right the ship and shake off the gremlins.  Plus, with his talent level, he stands a better than average chance of taking home more than the last place $32,000 payout.  

His head was not into the round for whatever reason.  But a lot of big dogs struggled.  If there is no injury, I feel they should play.  It's part of the game to rebound, and he could have had 3 great days and catch up.

  • Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fixyurdivot said:

I wonder if it's due to these particular greens and the variation in grain and slope they just don't see... the very ones Jack intended them not to 😆.  Sorry to hear you're feeling lousy from shot #2 but, by all accounts, you'll be back to normal in a day or two.  Let's hope C19 vaccinations do not become an annual event much like flu shots 😐.

Thanks, my flu shot was painless but it was given by a doc, not some National Guardswomen (that probably hates old guys).  🤣

  • Haha 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG Viktor... this is a horror show 😱.  This game is both hard and cruel.  

  • Like 3

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

OMG Viktor... this is a horror show 😱.  This game is both hard and cruel.  

And it just keeps getting worse!!  SAD!

  • Sad 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm throwing a vote in for this course to become a regular stop... we need a few more of these precision, think your way around the course venues.  Billy Horschel described it perfectly in his post round interview.  You have to plan where you're going to miss it as much as where you want to land it. 👍

  • Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I'm throwing a vote in for this course to become a regular stop... we need a few more of these precision, think your way around the course venues.  Billy Horschel described it perfectly in his post round interview.  You have to plan where you're going to miss it as much as where you want to land it. 👍

I think the more they play it, the lower the scores.

  • Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I think the more they play it, the lower the scores.

No doubt.  These guys learn quickly and would identify the stay away shot selections. That said, I just like these less TPC style layouts for the more demanding position play and more punitive aspect of Concessions, or as Azinger called it, Concussions 😆.

  • Like 3

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d love to know how they get the fairways so firm. None of the courses I play are like that! Greens yes but we’ve had way more rain than normal this winter. It’s only finally dried out the past week and a half or so.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 3

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, revkev said:

I’d love to know how they get the fairways so firm. None of the courses I play are like that! Greens yes but we’ve had way more rain than normal this winter. It’s only finally dried out the past week and a half or so.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I've always wondered the same thing. I've heard some people say that PGA fairways can be just as firm and fast as many average muni greens!

  • Like 1

Right Handed

Driver (9°): :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

FW (15°): :callaway-logo-1: X2 Hot (Aldila Tour Green 75 Tx Stiff shaft)

Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons (PW-4)  post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS-1's (KBS $-Taper 120g Stiff shafts)

Wedges (50° & 54°): post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Wedge (60°): :callaway-logo-1: Mack Daddy 2

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, revkev said:

I’d love to know how they get the fairways so firm. None of the courses I play are like that! Greens yes but we’ve had way more rain than normal this winter. It’s only finally dried out the past week and a half or so.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I'm guessing just cut height.  Someone on the forum, on another "excessive distance thread", provided some interesting, very telling, data on fairway cut heights over the decades.  Basically, they've been getting shorter as the years roll along. 

Like you and @ncwoz, long rollout fairways are the exception not the norm for the courses I play.  It also seems that many of the landing areas the longer hitters get to are downgrade... the perfect combo for crazy drives.

  • Like 3

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...