Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Vokey Introduces New Slate Blue SM8 Wedges

Golfspy_CG2

CARLSBAD, Calif. (February 23, 2021)  The overwhelming most played and best performing wedges in the game – Vokey Design SM8 –are now available in an ultra-premium Slate Blue finish.

Master Wedge Craftsman Bob Vokey has always stressed the importance of players having confidence in their wedge at address – and finish plays a key role.

“A player has to love their wedge when they look down at it,” said Vokey, whose short game tools account for nearly half of all wedges played on the PGA Tour.

image.png

The finish on the Vokey SM8 Slate Blue wedges is applied like a PVD finish, but with a unique material and more time intensive process that combine to provide a deep, rich slate blue color that is extremely durable.

“Very often, wedge finishes can be beautiful, but they won’t last,” said Vokey. “At the same time, the most durable finishes often aren’t stunning. Slate Blue combines the two. Not only will golfers love their wedge when they see it in the shop, the finish will last through the course of normal play.”

Consistent with all Vokey Design SM8 finishes, Slate Blue is available in all 23 loft, bounce, and grind options (both RH/LH), while supplies last. Slate Blue also incorporates the technology that sets SM8 wedges apart:

• Groundbreaking Progressive Center of Gravity (CG) pushed forward of the face for increased MOI, improved consistency and softer, more solid feel.
  • 100% Inspected Spin Milled grooves that are cut with a level of precision that is unique by finish, producing maximum spin.

Vokey Design SM8 models are also available in Tour Chrome, Brushed Steel, Raw and Jet Black finishes.

380018-52_08_F_SB_2-952dff-large-1614082 

For assistance determining the right loft, bounce and grind, golfers can use the Wedge Selector tool on Vokey.com:

https://www.vokey.com/tools/wedge-selector-tool.aspx

AVAILABILITY AND PRICING: Vokey Design SM8 Slate Blue wedges will be available in golf shops beginning Friday, March 19th (MAP $199).

They will also be available for customization and purchase on Vokey.com.

STOCK SHAFT AND GRIP: The Slate Blue stock setup features a True Temper Dynamic Gold S200 shaft and custom Blue/White BV Wings New Decade Multi Compound grip. Most custom shafts and grips are included at no up charge. Additional customizations such as character stamping are available for an additional fee.

VISIT US ON THE WEB: www.vokey.com

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

That’s gotta be my favorite wedge finish ever. Loved it on my SM7s.

Those just look

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

24 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

That’s gotta be my favorite wedge finish ever. Loved it on my SM7s.

Those just look emoji91.pngemoji91.pngemoji91.png

I saw them in person with the SM7 I think and they are stunning.   Comes at a time when I need to update my 54 and 58 🤩

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Was just reading the email from Titleist on these. I really like the color.  Even tempted to pick one or two up to have as spares

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

4 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I saw them in person with the SM7 I think and they are stunning.   Comes at a time when I need to update my 54 and 58 🤩

Yeah I loved them in the SM7. They have just the right touch of shine in the sun. Really awesome looking. 

Hey, @Lacassem... how’s the finish holding up on those SM7s?

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I have the 54S and 58M in Slate Blue on the SM7s. Finish holds up really well - not quite DBM level of indestructible, but the best I have played outside of DBM. I picked up two of each when PGASS dropped the price to $119 about a year ago so I will be playing these bad boys for the next few years.

The Modus 125 was a better premium shaft to make the stock offering than this version's S200 in my opinion, but still a great club (if not a great value)

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

IMG_1551.PNG

Nothing else needs to be said

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

IMG_1552.PNG
Ok maybe 1 more thing

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

54 minutes ago, ACA_619 said:

such a beautiful looking wedge!!

Yes they are. Been fighting the urge today on grabbing some

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Just wanted to check in an see/peer pressure @Lacassem.  Have you bought yours yet?  If not, please scroll back up to the top for the photos and ask yourself why.   Cheers! 🍻

9 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Just wanted to check in an see/peer pressure @Lacassem.  Have you bought yours yet?  If not, please scroll back up to the top for the photos and ask yourself why.   Cheers! 🍻

I did just sell some stock....thanks @TSauerand @Tom D.pretty soon I’m sure I’ll be posting some CHO stuff 🤦‍♂️

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

15 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I did just sell some stock....thanks @TSauerand @Tom D.pretty soon I’m sure I’ll be posting some CHO stuff 🤦‍♂️

A Titleist for the top and bottom end of the bag sounds about right to me!  

2 minutes ago, ACA_619 said:

I would love a set without paintfill, DGs400 onyx. Drool worthy. 

Those would be sexy