Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Hitting Net for Garage

Stuka44

I Need Help Choosing a Hitting Net?  Anyone have any personal reviews for me on hitting nets.  Been looking online. I'm looking for a cheaper one hopefully less than $100, maybe a little more.  Seen these 10' x 7' ones with frame $70-$100. As a reference I'm not going to be hitting a thousand balls a week or anything.  Just want to get one, before I go through another long winter without one like I just did.  And I need one I can take down, and/ or move, got no room to put it up and leave it up.  Anyone have any personal experiences  or recommendations for me on this type? Thanks in Advance

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Putter:  :ping-small: Scottsdale Wolverine

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 2H, 3H

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

17 minutes ago, stuka44 said:

I Need Help Choosing a Hitting Net?  Anyone have any personal reviews for me on hitting nets.  Been looking online. I'm looking for a cheaper one hopefully less than $100, maybe a little more.  Seen these 10' x 7' ones with frame $70-$100. As a reference I'm not going to be hitting a thousand balls a week or anything.  Just want to get one, before I go through another long winter without one like I just did.  And I need one I can take down, and/ or move, got no room to put it up and leave it up.  Anyone have any personal experiences  or recommendations for me on this type? Thanks in Advance

The good ones will cost you more than $100. But if you are not planning on hitting thousands of balls you can get a good deal on a pop up type. Google "pop up golf nets" or go to the Walmart site. They have a decent looking one on clearance for less than $35.00

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I bought a rukket net December 2019 and used it for about 5 months with fairly light use in my opinion.  Maybe 100 shots on average per week, some weeks with more and others without any.  Pros are that it is very easy to take up and down and inexpensive. Cons are that the netting is fraying already and has a lot of bounceback on shots.

Recently I bought the Net Return Home series as I needed a net I could take up and down easily but could attach a simulator screen onto since I bought a skytrak and wanted to have the full simulator experience.  Pros are that it's well built and the netting seems much sturdier as well as smaller bounce back if any.   Con is the price tag is much too high for this in my opinion.  Honestly should be about half the price when comparing to other nets out there.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

I’d look into just netting and hang it from you garage rafters if that is possible. This is what my instructor has in his garage and it is very effective.

You can set if up to take down completely or use some kind of wire System to slide it out of the way.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

IKEA curtains rods + zip ties + mesh cargo net from auto parts store. This is 13' wide and 9.5' tall, if you went down to 9' wide the setup would have cost about $150 Canadian, which is probably $30-$40 dollars US LOL. 13' cost me about $200. 

Slide the whole net over against the wall and out of the way. Been using for 1 year no issues, was wrapped around plastic tubing and used outdoors before. 1630428692_garagenet.jpg.51f026f35d129d04090388a004872e27.jpg

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

2 hours ago, juspoole said:

I bought a rukket net December 2019 and used it for about 5 months with fairly light use in my opinion.  Maybe 100 shots on average per week, some weeks with more and others without any.  Pros are that it is very easy to take up and down and inexpensive. Cons are that the netting is fraying already and has a lot of bounceback on shots.

Recently I bought the Net Return Home series as I needed a net I could take up and down easily but could attach a simulator screen onto since I bought a skytrak and wanted to have the full simulator experience.  Pros are that it's well built and the netting seems much sturdier as well as smaller bounce back if any.   Con is the price tag is much too high for this in my opinion.  Honestly should be about half the price when comparing to other nets out there.

I hung a net in a room behind my garage.  Spent most of late 2020 hitting into in with high lofted irons 7i-GW.  The net more than frayed; sent a ball right through it with my powerful 70 mph wedge swing! LOL.  I suspect most netting will have the same problem with high spin shots.  Have to learn how to patch it; got the kit, just need to do it.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

BMart519    I like the looks of that.  I could probably rig something to slide it out of the way with what I have.  What is that net exactly.  I'm looking up nets and can't find anything that resembles that.

1 hour ago, BMart519 said:

IKEA curtains rods + zip ties + mesh cargo net from auto parts store. This is 13' wide and 9.5' tall, if you went down to 9' wide the setup would have cost about $150 Canadian, which is probably $30-$40 dollars US LOL. 13' cost me about $200. 

Slide the whole net over against the wall and out of the way. Been using for 1 year no issues, was wrapped around plastic tubing and used outdoors before. 1630428692_garagenet.jpg.51f026f35d129d04090388a004872e27.jpg

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Putter:  :ping-small: Scottsdale Wolverine

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 2H, 3H

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://www.princessauto.com/en/12-x-16-ft-heavy-duty-mesh-truck-bed-cargo-net/product/PA0008547309

"Mesh Tarp" is the search term which turns up similar products in the Google machine. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

you could also put a moving blanket behind the net to "deaden" the impact.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

32 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

you could also put a moving blanket behind the net to "deaden" the impact.

I had that set up for a few years. I have a King size sheet hanging against a canvas painters tarp with moving blankets hanging behind them. This allowed me to project on to the sheet. I just took the moving blankets down then built a frame and put a net up behind the sheet and drop cloth about two weeks ago. But the moving blankets worked just fine.   

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

• 2 weeks later...

I've used the amazon basics hitting net at my house, its a quality product. It's pretty basic but it gets the job done

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

Here is what I did at the beginning of the Pandemic....

IMG-872bc08dd67e580efcb71baa0005271f-V.jpg

Driver: Callaway Epic MX LS, Mitsubishi Diamana ZF Series 40 R-Flex

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Max 3 wood, Mitsubishi Diaman Thump Fairway 55 R-Flex

Hybrid: PXG 0317x GEN4 19 degree, Fujikura Ventus Hybrid Blue 7R

PXG 0311x GEN2 22 degree, Fujikura Ventus Hybrid Blue 7R

5 -Gw irons: Srixon ZX4, KBS Tour Graphite 60g Taper Shaft R-Flex

Wedges: 54 and 58 degree, SM8, Tour Graphite shaft 70g  R -Flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Select 

I bought one from FloridaNetCompany.com last year when courses were closed up.  I have it hanging on a rod in the garage with spring clips and slide it out of the way when its not in use.  I have used it 3 - 4 times a week and it has held up well.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2021 at 1:46 AM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I had that set up for a few years. I have a King size sheet hanging against a canvas painters tarp with moving blankets hanging behind them. This allowed me to project on to the sheet. I just took the moving blankets down then built a frame and put a net up behind the sheet and drop cloth about two weeks ago. But the moving blankets like  tortilla blanket worked just fine.   

yes you are saying right that moving blankets works better according to my past experience.