Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Been meaning to do this for awhile, cleaned the clubs up for a round tomorrow so figured what the hell. Little about me, 40 years old, work in law enforcement. Married 12 years in July, 2 kids 4 and 16. I play maybe once a month, if I'm lucky twice. I live in oro valley, az luckily weather in the desert is fair most of the year so I spend a lot of time hitting in the net out back. I'm a 16 handicap, my driver and short game hurt the score but I've been working on it so fingers crossed. Now the clubs.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9* set to 8* neutral. Aldila Rogue White 60g Stiff

3w: Callaway Mavrik 15*. Aldila Rogue White 70g Stiff

Hybrid: Sub70 939X. Project X 70g Stiff( shaft is a made for Sub70, feels decent and works for my swing)

Irons: Sub70 699 Pro 5-AW. KBS 120 Stiff black nickel finish

Wedges: Cleveland RTX3 54* 58* mid bounce. Dynamic Gold wedgeflex

Putter: Taylormade Tour Spider Platinum Diamond. KBS Tour shaft black nickel 33in.

Back up driver: Cobra Speedzone 9* set to 8* sits slightly open. Mistsubishi Tensei AV Blue 60g Stiff

Backup irons: Cobra Tour Forged 4-PW. Dynamic Gold AMT White S300

Bag: Nike Sport ill

Backup bag: Maxfli U Series 5.0

Ill get around to posting my Cobra irons, but this is the bag right now. Not sure what driver to play tomorrow so taking both. Sub70 is a fantastic company and their products are great. Anyone considering them should jump at the chance, really couldn't be happier with them. Recently went and hit the Taylormade P770 and Cobra Forged Tech just to see. The 770 were slightly softer, the Cobra were pretty consistent, but nothing performed any better than my 699s. Dispersion and distance were more consistent with mine, so I have actionable evidence that the productis top notch. 0226211406_HDR.jpeg0226211407_HDR.jpeg

Sent from my LM-G900 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Cobra Speedzone 9*

Callaway Mavrik 15*

Sub70 939x hybrid 19*

Sub70 699 Pro 5-pw

Cleveland RTX3 54/58

Ping Sigma2 Tyne darkness

Nice!  My brother-in-law was in law enforcement (city cop and county sheriff) before he retired and sold cars and boats.  Thank you for your service.

My wife and I travel a lot to play golf, and we played quite a bit in the Tucson area including Oro Valley.  We stay in a condo at Rancho Vistoso.  Nice area!  A few more cactus, but similar weather to where we live.  We haven't been there for awhile... might have to make a trip!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Thought I'd add some pics of the shafts. So, I picked the irons up from @sub70golf used section. They were listed as standard length. When I got them and compared them to my Cobras, they were a little longer approx. .5 in. I noticed I was struggling with contact, they are also 1* flat, which is my preferred set up and I don't like choking down. Decided to cut them down and re grip. They had Golf Pride CP2 grips standard but also felt more mid sized. When I cut the grips off, found they had a ton of build up tape. Cut .5 from each club and put on some Lamkin Crossline. I love Lamkin grips over golf pride anyway. Oh and they also had some custom ferrules black white that now match perfect with the grips and shafts.0226212101_HDR.jpeg0226212101a_HDR.jpeg0226212101b_HDR.jpeg0226212102.jpeg

Cobra Speedzone 9*

Callaway Mavrik 15*

Sub70 939x hybrid 19*

Sub70 699 Pro 5-pw

Cleveland RTX3 54/58

Thank you! I work for the Dept of Homeland Security, tough times but thank god I have a job. Very fortunate.
I actually live in Rancho Vistoso! You'll have to let me know when you are visiting, well catch a round at El Conquistador La Canada course. Right down the street and a great track.

Nice!  My brother-in-law was in law enforcement (city cop and county sheriff) before he retired and sold cars and boats.  Thank you for your service.
My wife and I travel a lot to play golf, and we played quite a bit in the Tucson area including Oro Valley.  We stay in a condo at Rancho Vistoso.  Nice area!  A few more cactus, but similar weather to where we live.  We haven't been there for awhile... might have to make a trip!!

Cobra Speedzone 9*

Callaway Mavrik 15*

Sub70 939x hybrid 19*

Sub70 699 Pro 5-pw

Cleveland RTX3 54/58

While I'm at it, here's the shoe rotation. LC4s have seen better days,but they are the ones I wear most. Just got the Jordan ADG2, ill be wearing those tomorrow. They appear to have crazy grip, we'll see how they do. Very comfortable.0226212116_HDR.jpeg0226212116.jpeg0226212116a.jpeg

Cobra Speedzone 9*

Callaway Mavrik 15*

Sub70 939x hybrid 19*

Sub70 699 Pro 5-pw

Cleveland RTX3 54/58

15 minutes ago, ghost_32 said:

Thought I'd add some pics of the shafts. So, I picked the irons up from @sub70golf used section. They were listed as standard length. When I got them and compared them to my Cobras, they were a little longer approx. .5 in. I noticed I was struggling with contact, they are also 1* flat, which is my preferred set up and I don't like choking down. Decided to cut them down and re grip. They had Golf Pride CP2 grips standard but also felt more mid sized. When I cut the grips off, found they had a ton of build up tape. Cut .5 from each club and put on some Lamkin Crossline. I love Lamkin grips over golf pride anyway. Oh and they also had some custom ferrules black white that now match perfect with the grips and shafts.0226212101_HDR.jpeg0226212101a_HDR.jpeg0226212101b_HDR.jpeg0226212102.jpeg

Super sharp man! Nice sticks!

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

28 minutes ago, ghost_32 said:

Thank you! I work for the Dept of Homeland Security, tough times but thank god I have a job. Very fortunate.
I actually live in Rancho Vistoso! You'll have to let me know when you are visiting, well catch a round at El Conquistador La Canada course. Right down the street and a great track.

Yep!  We played that El Conquistador course.  We also got to play Dove Mountain many years ago right after the PGA Match Play.  We also got on the private course next door... The Gallery.  A friend of mine from ABQ had a birthday while we were staying at the JW Marriott Starr Pass and his club pro made a call and got us on!!  Great courses!

I will certainly give you a shout when we make that trip.  We've been staying in Phoenix mostly because my wife's other brother lives in Surprise.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Nice, all the years here still have never played Dove. Ill have to do it sometime. Ill be playing near Surprise tomorrow, Arizona Golf Resort. Not fancy, but should be fun.me and the little man are going up in the morning to meet mama, she's up there with her boss for a dog show. She, her boss, has 2 great danes she shows regularly. All just worked out to a round of golf!

Yep!  We played that El Conquistador course.  We also got to play Dove Mountain many years ago right after the PGA Match Play.  We also got on the private course next door... The Gallery.  A friend of mine from ABQ had a birthday while we were staying at the JW Marriott Starr Pass and his club pro made a call and got us on!!  Great courses!
I will certainly give you a shout when we make that trip.  We've been staying in Phoenix mostly because my wife's other brother lives in Surprise.

Cobra Speedzone 9*

Callaway Mavrik 15*

Sub70 939x hybrid 19*

Sub70 699 Pro 5-pw

Cleveland RTX3 54/58

First off thank you for your Law Enforcement Service in Homeland Security---- Yep we really need you folks---- Nice equipment all the way around----

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

8 hours ago, ghost_32 said:

While I'm at it, here's the shoe rotation. LC4s have seen better days,but they are the ones I wear most. Just got the Jordan ADG2, ill be wearing those tomorrow. They appear to have crazy grip, we'll see how they do. Very comfortable.0226212116_HDR.jpeg0226212116.jpeg0226212116a.jpeg

With that many pairs of shoes you qualify to be in our "Shoe Ho's Anonymous " thread 😁

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I’m from Tucson! My grandma and some cousins still live there. I’m up in Oregon now though. I’ll be sue to hit you up next time I’m visiting, maybe we could catch a round. I also like the two drive bag, I have the speed zone, mavrik wood, 699 pros, and spider as well! I agree on the sub 70 irons too, I had them against the ping i500 and there was no objective difference, I felt the sub 70s were softer

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

Great minds think alike! I think I saw your witb if I'm not mistaken, not many Sub70 bags out there, but they grow each day. Definitely hit me up for a round when you visit.

I’m from Tucson! My grandma and some cousins still live there. I’m up in Oregon now though. I’ll be sue to hit you up next time I’m visiting, maybe we could catch a round. I also like the two drive bag, I have the speed zone, mavrik wood, 699 pros, and spider as well! I agree on the sub 70 irons too, I had them against the ping i500 and there was no objective difference, I felt the sub 70s were softer

Cobra Speedzone 9*

Callaway Mavrik 15*

Sub70 939x hybrid 19*

Sub70 699 Pro 5-pw

Cleveland RTX3 54/58

Great minds think alike! I think I saw your witb if I'm not mistaken, not many Sub70 bags out there, but they grow each day. Definitely hit me up for a round when you visit.

I haven’t done one yet, waiting to get my jumbo max grips on and my bag settled a bit first! But I’m going to try to get down there next November possibly, I try not to go down there in the summer... for obvious reasons lol

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>