TESTERS WANTED! ×

Arnold Palmer Invitational - 2021

fixyurdivot

OMG....RU Kidding Me!! Jordan nearly drains an 84'9" putt on #2.  Had to wait a few seconds to see if it would drop. Yeah, clearly I have no idea what I'm talking about 🤣

Sacando de su mente 🔥

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Man, awful break for Westwood getting a divot lie after such a great tee shot.

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

10 minutes ago, ncwoz said:

Man, awful break for Westwood getting a divot lie after such a great tee shot.

Yea, but he shook it off and did what he needed to - BAD had to back off the last putt.  Great, emotional win for Bryson.  Honestly, I don't know anyone in the field who this meant more to.  Another great showing from Jordan, but his putter, today, couldn't offset the other minor miscues.  

Here are the COBRA Clubs in Bryson’s Bag for the win:

• Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5° | LAGP Axis Blue 60X 45.75” | JumboMax Light XL Grip
  • FWY: KING Prototype B 3wd | 10.5 deg | LAGP BAD Prototype 70x @ 43”
  • FWY: KING SPEEDZONE Tour 3wd| 13.5 deg | LAGP BAD Prototype 80x @ 41” (3wd head; 5wd specs)
  • Irons: KING Prototype Utility Irons | 4i & 5i | LAGP Graphite Rebar Proto Shaft | 37.5”
  • Irons: KING FORGED TOUR One Length | (6-P) | LAGP Graphite Rebar Proto shaft

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

It would have been fun to see Westwood sink his putt and go to a play-off. and another good finish by Speith - one of these Sunday's he'll seal the deal. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

11 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Here are the COBRA Clubs in Bryson’s Bag for the win:

• Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5° | LAGP Axis Blue 60X 45.75” | JumboMax Light XL Grip
  • FWY: KING Prototype B 3wd | 10.5 deg | LAGP BAD Prototype 70x @ 43”
  • FWY: KING SPEEDZONE Tour 3wd| 13.5 deg | LAGP BAD Prototype 80x @ 41” (3wd head; 5wd specs)
  • Irons: KING Prototype Utility Irons | 4i & 5i | LAGP Graphite Rebar Proto Shaft | 37.5”
  • Irons: KING FORGED TOUR One Length | (6-P) | LAGP Graphite Rebar Proto shaft

Who thinks today's performance does not re-ignite "the issue" 🤣?  I also bet his nearly driving the green (he did except for the line) ignites our younger players desire to "be like BAD" Sales on long shafts and sub 8* drivers is headed up 🙂.

I find it kind of sad the lengths some people will go to try to take credit away from Bryson because they don't like the way he's playing the game and/or his personality.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

Many hit shots in bunkers.....only one declared " worst bunkers on the tour"....

:Sub70:    849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 60g 

:tour-edge:   EXS 7wood  Tensei Blue R

:Sub70:    699 4-7i   USTRecoil 660 F3 R

:Sub70:    699 Pro 8-AW  USTRecoil 660 F3 R    

:Sub70:   JB Forged 54 and JB Forged 58 Full Face

:Sub70:    TAll Wide Blade putter

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9

Grint_Shield_Logo.svg The Grint Pro

thought Bryson caught a huge break when he was able to move his ball on 15. agreed with commentators that the sprinkler head wasn't in his way and he could have played it.
Lee had a chance right there to make it interesting but he missed the putt.

Too bad Conners couldn't really buy a putt on the back 9; he hit some tremendous shots but just couldn't capitalize.

Must say I didn't miss the fans shouting stupid stuff during the broadcast. 

Bummed that Westy couldn't do it for the old guys but pleased to see him play so well. Seems like he's having fun out there.

Kudos to BAD for speeding up his pace of play. Notice how this isn't even discussed any longer. 

I wonder what the tour plans for the bomb-it-and-even-if-it-goes-in-the-rough-I'm-strong-enough-to-hit-it-out strategy? Are they going to let the rough grow 4-6 inches thick? 

Finally - IMHO - I cannot believe they replaced Johnny with Zinger. Heard him contradict himself more than once. i.e. he said Westwood has been really good with is pace on the greens and then 2 minutes later said something to the effect of not being able to get the speed right. Huh?

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

3 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

thought Bryson caught a huge break when he was able to move his ball on 15. agreed with commentators that the sprinkler head wasn't in his way and he could have played it.

Too bad Conners couldn't really buy a putt on the back 9; he hit some tremendous shots but just couldn't capitalize.

Bummed that Westy couldn't do it for the old guys but pleased to see him play so well. Seems like he's having fun out there.

Kudos to BAD for speeding up his pace of play. Notice how this isn't even discussed any longer. 

I wonder what the tour plans for the bomb-it-and-even-if-it-goes-in-the-rough-I'm-strong-enough-to-hit-it-out strategy? Are they going to let the rough grow 4-6 inches thick? 

Finally - IMHO - I cannot believe they replaced Johnny with Zinger. Heard him contradict himself more than once. i.e. he said Westwood has been really good with is pace on the greens and then 2 minutes later said something to the effect of not being able to get the speed right. Huh?

Let's also keep in mind that Westwood is 21 yrs older than BAD 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

4 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Let's also keep in mind that Westwood is 21 yrs older than BAD 

Hence the comment...

Bummed that Westy couldn't do it for the old guys

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Watching replay and looks like several guys had difficulty putting today. Were the greens "Augusta" like regarding speed or just the windy conditions that contributed to the high scoring? Sure the wind was main factor but greens looked fast from what I have seen so far.

I played at my club in Florida yesterday afternoon. Private club in Florida in March equals fast greens. Throw in wind and sun baking them out and our greens were crunchy under foot by the end of the day and starting to turn brown. I can only imagine what it was like at Bayhill. I shot 80 and was over joyed - according to ARCOSS my average score there is 77 - It was just a brutally tough day to play.

Fully agreed on zinger being off his game BTW. He said lots of weird stuff when I was watching the replay.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Couldn’t resist sharing this from the FitforGolf IG feed.  “hawksfan9” doesn’t quite have his arms around the whole strokes gained thing...  🤣

0E862179-7FBC-46D6-80E6-1656CB4F07D5.png.363a9f78cc79b10118eeac1ef13cf117.png

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Maybe they're hoping Zinger will become the Booger McFarland of golf. Contradictions and absurdly obvious statements. "Well he would have made the putt if it went in the hole."

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

21 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

Yes, I noticed Bryson's pace of play seems quicker... unless he knows Koepka is in the group behind 🤣.  As for the thicker/higher rough, that may not be enough. Their wedges are sharpened like knives and seem to slice right through.  Maybe a new type of grass?  It's nice that they have spotters to find balls before they get there.  Hell, we lost one Saturday in stuff less than 2" tall.  I know it helps speed up play, but I'll bet we'd see a few more lost ball strokes if they had to fend for themselves like we do.

On 3/8/2021 at 9:28 PM, fixyurdivot said:

Yes, I noticed Bryson's pace of play seems quicker... unless he knows Koepka is in the group behind 🤣.  As for the thicker/higher rough, that may not be enough. Their wedges are sharpened like knives and seem to slice right through.  Maybe a new type of grass?  It's nice that they have spotters to find balls before they get there.  Hell, we lost one Saturday in stuff less than 2" tall.  I know it helps speed up play, but I'll bet we'd see a few more lost ball strokes if they had to fend for themselves like we do.

Why does golf need changes?  The biggest crowd reactions I saw on Saturday and Sunday were when Bryson drove the ball over the water on the par 5.  People went wild from this.  What is next?  Deadening baseballs so that there are fewer home runs?  Changing the football so no more bombs?  Making the long shot in basketball count for 1 point rather than 3?

Bryson was not born hitting the ball further than everyone else.  If others want to hit the ball as far as he does, let them do the work.

We need to get rid of the fun police.

Edited by HAC
  • :taylormade-small: Sim 2 Driver Fujikura Ventus Blue 6R shaft
  • :taylormade-small:Sim 2 5 wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 5R shaft
  •  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311 Gen 5 Seven Wood Project X Cypher 50 5.5 shaft set to flat with weights set to fade.
  • :titelist-small: H818 Hybrid 25 degrees Tensei ck Series 60 HY regular flex shafts at C4 setting (flat for lefties)
  • :titelist-small: 718 AP1 irons 6-gap Tensei ck Series AMC IR regular flex bent two degrees flat
  • :vokey-small: SM 7 Wedge 58 degrees M grind with 8 bounce Steel shafts wedge flex bent 2 degrees flat
  • :ping-small: Glide 3 52.12 and 56.14 with  Alta CB Red Regular Flex shaft bent 2 degrees flat
  • Go back and forth between :cameron-small: Select Newport 2 putter 34 inch length and :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne putter 33 inch length
  • Bridgestone B X.

18 minutes ago, HAC said:

Why does golf need changes?  The biggest crowd reactions I saw on Saturday and Sunday were when Bryson drove the ball over the water on the par 5.  People went wild from this.  What is next?  Deadening baseballs so that there are fewer home runs?  Changing the football so no more bombs?  Making the long shot in basketball count for 1 point rather than 3?

Bryson was not born hitting the ball further than everyone else.  If others want to hit the ball as far as he does, let them do the work.

We need to get rid of the fun police.

But change is good, right? 😉 It appears you have interpreted my rather ambivalent position on this distance debate incorrectly.  I understand both sides of argument.  If they (USGA/R&A) do anything, I hope it starts with some much less nuclear options like raising cut height in landing and rollout areas.