Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Ping Drivers

12 hours ago, Perry R. said:

I have been reading where ping clubs are taking a long time to get when ordered. Anyone getting fit and having to have a ping driver ordered, is everyone having to wait an extraordinary amount of time to get it or is anybody receiving it in one to two weeks?

It's not just Ping.  If you are doing any sort of custom order from an OEM you are looking at close to a month.  They were all shut down for a period of time at the beginning of COVID (last March) and none of them have caught up because the demand is so high.  It's a nice problem to have.  

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Some brands are sold out of stock due to supply issues, some shaft and grip companies also having issues. I was looking at TM irons they other day and they had ship dates of early July.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I ordered PING clubs back in the first week of October , the driver arrived thee weeks later, the 5 wood a month after and my irons came in 11 weeks after I ordered them. Callaway did not have as long of a delivery time. My wife also ordered clubs from them and they cam in a month later. Three fairway woods and I set of irons. The only bad thing was she ordered over size grips and they can in with standard grips and after they were told about the problem we are still waiting for the replacements four months later. Unfortunately I think most of the OEMs are having trouble due to the pandemic and lack of man power in their production process not to mention their suppliers. This is true with most companies not just the golf industry.

So far Callaway and Taylormade are getting my orders to me in an acceptable amount of time (2-3 weeks) despite the delays. 

Ping is being Ping, at the moment. So far my Pre-Order customers have been delayed the longest, and I have random orders just showing up. There's no real rhyme, or reason. Zero organization to how they're shipping what out, or when. 

The recent winter storms put a huge delay on already delayed orders for shipping reasons, and it seems like everyone is starting to get back on track. 

Shank's Tentative 2024 WITB

O.B. Finder- Paradym Smoke Ai TD 9*/Ventus TR Blue 6X +1/D

FW- Callaway UW 17*/VA Composites Nemesys 7X

4H- Paradym Super Hybrid/Ventus Velo Blue 8X

5-AW- Apex 21 $-Taper 120S Blackout- (almost time for a new set of something....)

Spoons- Vokey Jet Black SM9 50.08 F/54.10 S/58.08 M Jet Black/Accra iWedge Tour (Until the SM10's drop)

Flat One- Bettinardi Hive Poison Kool-Aid Innovai 6.0

Left Dash ALL DAY/14-way Vessel Players 4 (Thank GOD they finally fully enclosed each club pocket)

I was fitted for a Ping G425 on Feb. 25 and the retailer didn't have the specific shaft that worked the best for me.  I told him to go ahead and order the club and I would continue to use the G400 in my bag until it came.  The shop just called me today and told me it would be there on March 17.  (maybe with the luck of the Irish!!)

So roughly 3 weeks wait on the driver.  Most likely if I was fit for one of the more common shafts (the Alta or Mitsubishi Tensei AV) I would have taken a driver home that day.  But the best fit for me on the launch monitor was the Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70.  (slightly longer but significantly better dispersion.

Good luck and I think the G425 is a winner!!

Jim

the retired Golf Course Superintendent

Edited by GCSAA Supt

I did order the Ping G 710 irons from the same retailer in August and the arrived late October.  I have been using Pine Oaks Golf Course, Joe and Leigh's pro shop for a number of years.  The are one of the top two or three green grass retailers in the country, so they do have a bit of clout with the manufacturers.

Jim

On 2/28/2021 at 8:58 PM, Perry R. said:

I have been reading where ping clubs are taking a long time to get when ordered. Anyone getting fit and having to have a ping driver ordered, is everyone having to wait an extraordinary amount of time to get it or is anybody receiving it in one to two weeks?

Everyone is backordered at this point.  Callaway seems to be doing the best with their orders out of all the OEM's from what I'm hearing.  I'd assume that the sinking of the ship coming over from Japan with components and parts for PING and Taylormade probably has a huge to do with their inability to deliver in reasonable times. 

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

You might have luck on Ping if you order a stock shaft and also order without a grip.  Unsure if that speeds it up, but I've heard it could.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

55 minutes ago, juspoole said:

You might have luck on Ping if you order a stock shaft and also order without a grip.  Unsure if that speeds it up, but I've heard it could.

It depends on the grip. Not all grips are out of stock and not all shafts are back ordered. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1