TESTERS WANTED! ×

2021 TaylorMade Spider Lineup

Golfspy_CG2

SPIDER EX HEADLINES THE FOURSOME, WITH EACH OPTICALLY ENGINEERED TO MAKE AIMING AND ALIGNMENT EASIER WITH DISTINCT TRUE PATH SYSTEMS

CARLSBAD, Calif. (March 2, 2021) – Spider putters are among the most recognizable in the world, utilizing unique shapes and materials to deliver industry-leading performance in high-MOI mallets. Today, TaylorMade Golf Company announces four new additions to the acclaimed franchise: Spider EX, Spider X Hydro Blast, Spider S and Spider SR. Each model is equipped with a specialized True Path™ alignment system that fits the putter's shape while aiding certain golfer profiles.

380298 tm21ptr spider%20ex family lfs bmw 09824 v1 58d72c large 1614211660table,Wedge

SPIDER EX | CONFIDENCE YOU CAN FEEL 

Spider EX is the foursome's A player, utilizing an advanced multi-material construction to deliver optimal stability. The lightweight aluminum frame and carbon composite center allow for strategic perimeter weighting, increasing MOI for consistent roll across the face and more forgiveness. It is outfitted with two 28g steel weights near the heel and toe, as well as heavy tungsten weights at the rear. The exact amount of tungsten varies for precision swing weighting in reference to putter length. 

Compared to Spider X, the new EX model is slightly larger (+3.5mm from heel to toe and +2.7mm front to back) but with a more streamlined shape that features softer lines and a rounded backside.  

Its new True Path is optically engineered to make it easier to aim, featuring a reflective white color that spans the putter's topline and allows golfers to use the face for alignment. Three dots enclosed by dual rails are used to center the ball and promote a consistent address position. White was strategically selected as it is the most reflective color and provides a clear focal point that makes the stroke and the path of the roll more visible.  

Spider EX features a new Pure Roll² insert, marking the company's first multi-material insert made with co-molded construction. White TPU urethane surrounds eight silver aluminum beams to create 45° grooves designed to produce better roll and feel characteristics.  

Spider EX White

The all-new Fluted Feel™ shaft adds to this putter's feel properties. It features a soft tip section intently designed to enhance feel, increase stability, and tighten dispersion. TaylorMade engineers worked in conjunction with KBS to develop this new shaft and, in the process, tested multiple iterations in a collaborative effort to maintain stability while adding feel. 

With existing shaft options, many players told us they couldn't feel the full weight of the putter head or feel the toe release. We didn't want to just make the shaft softer (add flex) to improve feel at the sacrifice of stability. That inspired us to go this journey with KBS and develop a shaft that delivers on both fronts.

Price, Product Creation, Putters & Wedge 

Collectively, Spider EX is designed for easy aim, better feel and enhanced stability to provide golfers with more confidence on the putting green. 

SPECIFICATIONS, PRICING & AVAILABILITY   

Spider EX will be available for preorder on March 2 and at retail beginning March 12 with an MSRP of $349.99 USD. Available lengths include 33", 34" and 35". Offered in three different colorways: Platinum/White, Navy/White and Ghost White. Hosel options include short slant (all colors), flow neck (Platinum/White & Ghost White) and single bend (Platinum/White & Navy/White). It comes equipped with the TaylorMade Fluted Feel™ shaft and Super Stroke Pistol GTR 1.0 grip.  

SPIDER X HYDRO BLAST | PROVEN PERFORMANCE WITH A NEW LOOK 

Spider X is the best-selling model in the franchise's history, delivering proven performance at every level of the game. On Tour, it has accounted for 11 victories over the last two-plus seasons (including the start of the 2020-21 season) while also producing record-setting numbers at retail.  

380317 tm21ptr ta311 spider%20x platinum pureroll lfs bmw 00216 v1 a32751 large 1614212337

Spider X Hydro Blast builds on that tradition of success with an all-new colorway and finishing process. The high-pressure application of water to the aluminum body creates a smooth and premium finish in a rich silver colorway. Added durability is a byproduct of this process, as the absence of paint means no surface blemishes related to chipping and greater scratch resistance.  

It maintains the same advanced multi-material construction as the original Spider X, relying on a combination of aluminum (2g), steel (6g) and tungsten (12g) weights along with a composite center to optimize MOI and stability. Its Tour-proven True Path design aids in alignment, while its white TPU Pure Roll™ insert delivers a soft feel and 45° grooves encourage better forward roll as well as improved sound, feel and overall roll characteristics compared to a solid face. 

Spider X Hydro Blast

SPECIFICATIONS, PRICING & AVAILABILITY   

Spider X Hydro Blast will be available for preorder on March 2 and at retail beginning March 12 with an MSRP of $279.99 USD. Available lengths include 33", 34" and 35". It comes equipped with the KBS Chrome C-Taper Stepless shaft and Super Stroke Pistol GTR 1.0 grip.  

SPIDER S & SPIDER SR | HIGH STABILITY FORGIVENESS 

TaylorMade introduced Spider S in 2020 as the most forgiving model in the Spider family, with an MOI of more than 6,000. The company has refreshed that original design with a new arrow-shaped True Path inspired by archery's pinpoint precision. The newly engineered alignment system is optically designed to make it easier for golfers to aim. Located on the topline, it provides a clear focal point that is the exact width of a golf ball, which helps with consistent address positions and face direction. 

Spider S is manufactured from high-grade 6061 aluminum and is 100-percent machine milled for precision shaping. The square-shaped putter head is outfitted with two 42g sole weights strategically placed near the toe and heel to help stabilize the putter while optimizing CG location.  

380221 tm21ptr spider%20s spider%20sr platinum family lfs bmw 00158 v1 5525ed large 1614208466

A heavy tungsten backbar is used to further optimize swing weight based on the length of the putter. Coming in four different weights ranging from 40g to 70g, the backbar at the rear of the putter is designed to influence head weight, feel and performance. 

Stability is the calling card of the Spider family. With the all-new Spider SR (Stability Refined), TaylorMade delivers high-MOI performance in a Tour-inspired double wing shape. The multi-material design features two back weights crafted from either steel (10g) or tungsten (15g, 20g) to optimize swing weight.  

380324 tm21ptr ta316 spider%20sr platinum lfs bmw 00074 v1 2df088 original 1614212572

Due to a smaller footprint (5mm shorter front to back), Spider SR has a slightly lower MOI than Spider S. However, it's still among the most stable and forgiving putters in the current Spider lineup. Another key differentiator is how True Path is positioned within the cavity behind the putter face. Also drawing inspiration from archery, the arrow-shaped design delivers an easy-to-aim alignment tool that promotes consistently centered ball positions at address. 

Both Spider SR and Spider S are equipped with the all-new Fluted Feel™ shaft, delivering enhanced feel and optimal stability to putters that are already designed for forgiveness. The Tour-proven TPU Pure Roll insert provides a soft feel, and 45° grooves encourage better forward roll as well as improved sound, feel and overall roll characteristics compared to a solid face. 

Spider SR

Spider S

SPECIFICATIONS, PRICING AND AVAILABILITY

Spider S and Spider SR will be available for preorder on March 2 and at retail beginning April 9, each with an MSRP of $279.99 USD. Available lengths include 33", 34" and 35". Both come equipped with the TaylorMade Fluted Feel™ shaft and Super Stroke Pistol GTR 1.0 grip.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

The spider has always been one of those putter that I ponder. I like the X version and it’s hard to resist adding to the collection.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Like the look of these,  but after having my Toulon Vegas, I don't know if i can go back to an insert again.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

2 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

The spider has always been one of those putter that I ponder. I like the X version and it’s hard to resist adding to the collection.

I have a Spider X that I had made in the Custom MySpider shop last year.   I like the new EX.   But with a Phantom X 11.5 on the way, I probably should wait a bit 🙂

Okay is this just me or is the EX a massive rip off of the scotty phantom putters with the three dots at the top. I know three dots are normal but the way they are made are exactly the same.

ph2.jpeg

Driver: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 9* Ventus Red Velocore (Reg)

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 3-wood 15* (flat setting) Tensei Ck Blue (Reg)

Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 3hy 19* + 4hy 22* (flat setting) Tensei Ck Red (Reg)

Irons: :taylormade-small: P7mc 4-P (2* flat) Nippon NS Pro (Reg)

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 50,55,60 SB (2* flat) True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom 12

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer

Launch Monitor: Flightscope Mevo+

2 minutes ago, c_zoid said:

Okay is this just me or is the EX a massive rip off of the scotty phantom putters with the three dots at the top. I know three dots are normal but the way they are made are exactly the same.

ph2.jpeg

Yeah, definitely the same look.  But to be honest with club design these days, there is a lot of "borrowing" ok....out right copying of other designs.  But having been told by R&D guys at multiple companies, that products that are released now, actually went into design almost 18 to 24 months ago, it's hard to know what someone is working on or coming out with.   I don't think it's like TM saw the Phantom line last month, and created the new Spider look in less than a month.

But yeah, it is awfully...coincidental that two new lines have the same look!

10 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I have a Spider X that I had made in the Custom MySpider shop last year.   I like the new EX.   But with a Phantom X 11.5 on the way, I probably should wait a bit 🙂

You might want to hold off for a month or so. The EX is nice and the hydro blast looks nice 

6 minutes ago, c_zoid said:

ph2.jpeg

All of golf is a rip off. Blade putters are rip off of the ping answer 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

I like the design of the SR. Has the #7 look that I like. S also looks nice as well, basically a number 7 shape with a tungsten bar going across the back. I like the idea of the rear weighting on the back and the fact that the weights are changeable. Also like that there are options with a bit of toe hang, around the 20 degrees

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

These are a no for me. Like the look of last years better and the new one really didn’t perform well for me.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Now am really intrigue to check out the new Spider SR, after leaving the Spider for the Odyssey Stoke Lab Seven S, I like the look of this new Spider SR and the Spider S. I wonder if the performance would exceed the Stroke Lab Seven

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50  (secondary shaft HRDZ Black 6.0 Stiff)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

Ordered a Spider X Hydroblast today.

Last year I bought a cheap Spider Tour Ghost off ebay, sanded it down, painted it black with a white 1 inch stripe and a red line in the middle. Really liked how the line on the putter matched up with the line on the ball (pic below). But I've never like the look of the Spider Tour with the twin exhaust ports, even though I like how it works.

The Hydroblast has the stripe and the line I like, as well as a much more attractive putter (for me). Ordered it 33" and 3* upright with suits my stature and putting style. Have been using a Superstroke GT Pistol 2.0. It isn't offered so I went with the Claw 2.0. Pretty similar.

Really like the unpainted finish.

Hopefully it arrives before the season starts here in Ontario.

1346260912_spiderontrack2.jpg.e7d50edec85da71803f0dbfb2dbb9ccd[1].jpg

Edited by Jim418

Driver:    Titliest TSi3 - Tensei white stiff
Wood:   PING  G425 LST 14.5* - Tensei orange stiff
Hybrid:   PING  G425 19* - Tensei orange stiff
Irons:    PING i525 - Project X I/O 5.5 - 4-W
Wedges:     Taylormade MG3 52* and HiToe 56* Project X I/O 6.0
Putter:  TM Spider X HYDROBLAST (33", 3* upright)

• 2 weeks later...

Introducing my new Taylormade Spider Tour X Hydro Blast (Custom Weighting / Superstrok Traxion Pistol GT Tour Grip):

TM SPIDER TOUR X HYDRO BLAST PUTTER 1.jpg

TM SPIDER TOUR X HYDRO BLAST PUTTER 2.jpg

TM SPIDER TOUR X HYDRO BLAST PUTTER 3.jpg

TM SPIDER TOUR X HYDRO BLAST PUTTER 4.jpg

TM SPIDER TOUR X HYDRO BLAST PUTTER 5.jpg

:taylormade-small: Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S) 
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S) 
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
:taylormade-small: Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
:taylormade-small: My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride :taylormade-small: Pistol
:taylormade-small: My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
:taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red) :taylormade-small: TP5 Golf Ball
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart / :skycaddie: SX550 GPS / :bushnell: ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2021 at 11:50 PM, tarrantian said:

Introducing my new Taylormade Spider Tour X Hydro Blast (Custom Weighting / Superstrok Traxion Pistol GT Tour Grip):

Nice! Hopefully mine will arrive soon. What custom weighting did you get? Didn't see that offered.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2021 at 1:03 PM, Jim418 said:

Nice! Hopefully mine will arrive soon. What custom weighting did you get? Didn't see that offered.

Sorry, a bit misleading - You can't (strangely enough) customize the weights when you order from TM (Even in the 'My' program). I ordered the 6g weights seperately, 2g are too light, the 6g's are perfect.

:taylormade-small: Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S) 
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S) 
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
:taylormade-small: Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
:taylormade-small: My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride :taylormade-small: Pistol
:taylormade-small: My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
:taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red) :taylormade-small: TP5 Golf Ball
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart / :skycaddie: SX550 GPS / :bushnell: ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

• 3 weeks later...

I contacted TM and they said it normally comes with 6g weights. Mine arrived and has 12g weights. Sorta sounds like it is like a box of chocolates - ya never know what you're gonna get.

Trying to get some 6g weights out of them (for free).

3 minutes ago, Jim418 said:

I contacted TM and they said it normally comes with 6g weights. Mine arrived and has 12g weights. Sorta sounds like it is like a box of chocolates - ya never know what you're gonna get.

Trying to get some 6g weights out of them (for free).

Did you order a shorter length than stock?

• 1 month later...
On 4/30/2021 at 12:12 PM, RickyBobby_PR said:

Did you order a shorter length than stock?

Yes. They finally got back to me and indicted that 12g is the standard weight for a 33" putter.

4 minutes ago, Jim418 said:

Yes. They finally got back to me and indicted that 12g is the standard weight for a 33" putter.

Gotcha. Heavier weights to get the overall weight due to length. Scotty by default puts 20g weights in vice 10 for 33”