TESTERS WANTED! ×

Casual Golfers

Hi everyone, I’m Matthew and I’m new to this forum so I thought I would introduce myself. 
I’m trying to do some research on the experiences of casual golfers for a project I am working on. Personally, I struggle fitting in rounds of golf because I work 2pm-10pm (Shifts?) and its difficult for me to get out there in the week. I like to think I make up for it on the weekend when I try to get 2 rounds but even that is difficult sometimes. I’m just wondering what other things the casual golfer has problems with like their own space to train and improve, the cost of equipment (training aids) and distractions at the driving range. 
Below are some of the questions I am trying to answer and I would be grateful for your comments.
•    Do you like your own space to practice?
•    Would you like to see statistics such as ball spin rate, carry distance and total distance etc?
•    Do you find you don’t have the time in the week or do you go after work or just weekends practice/play?    Suggested layout below
•    Do you like to play in all weathers or just when its sunny?

When do you practice/play?   Weekdays    -    Weekday Evenings  -  Just weekends 
Would access to a golf simulator help to improve your performance?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 12:24 PM, mattywire said:

Do you like your own space to practice? No, I prefer going to the range at the course. Trying to practice at home is distracting.

•    Would you like to see statistics such as ball spin rate, carry distance and total distance etc? Sure, but I don't want to pay extra for it! Ha 😁

•    Do you find you don’t have the time in the week or do you go after work or just weekends practice/play?  You have plenty of time in the morning to play and practice. I practice when I have time and I make time to practice. Both are crucial for me. I enjoy my range sessions.

Suggested layout below
•    Do you like to play in all weathers or just when its sunny? Most weather other than very windy or heavy rain. I'm my area, light scattered showers makes for an empty course which is really nice. Sunny weather is a crowded course so I have to be ready for a slow  round

When do you practice/play?   Weekdays    -    Weekday Evenings  - Weekends. All of the above 

Would access to a golf simulator help to improve your performance? I would think so... If it was accurate and I could just swing normal instead of playing the game, "how far can I hit!?"

See my answers above inline with the questions

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

•    Do you like your own space to practice? No, I just go to my local course with the best facility to practice all facets, and go into my own zone

•    Would you like to see statistics such as ball spin rate, carry distance and total distance etc? Would be nice, but don't get paid to play or afford a nice launch monitor to see these things.

•    Do you find you don’t have the time in the week or do you go after work or just weekends practice/play? I literally play every weekend, and during the week if I have time. But not just say one course

•    Do you like to play in all weathers or just when its sunny? I live in Southern Oregon, all weather conditions as long as it's 50* out above

When do you practice/play? Mainly weekends, but if I get a chance during the week I'm there...

Would access to a golf simulator help to improve your performance? Maybe

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Callaway Epic

Callaway 3&5 Deep

Adams XTD TI 3&4

Mizuno JPX 919 pro

On 3/2/2021 at 3:24 PM, mattywire said:

•    Do you like your own space to practice?

Yes, I built my own practice areas at home. 100yard green, 30 yard pitching and chipping area, and an indoor simulator.

•    Would you like to see statistics such as ball spin rate, carry distance and total distance etc?

Yes I have the equipment to measure this at home

•    Do you find you don’t have the time in the week or do you go after work or just weekends practice/play?

I can practice almost every day if needed. Can also play 18 2 to 3times a week on course.

•    Do you like to play in all weathers or just when its sunny? 

Will play in anything except hard rain.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag