Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

A little bird told me about some wedges...

PMookie

6 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Yes. I’m going to call my guy in Mississippi and book a fitting. Not sure if he has all of the components or not. I’m a CRAPPY wedge player, but I’m tossing around in my head the idea of doing Facebook Live or YouTube for the fitting so folks see the process. 

I'm sure you'll keep us posted.  These really look fantastic.  

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Here’s the YouTube marketing video.

https://youtu.be/WammMOfjGoY

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I mean, they look good. But I'm a wedge skeptic. I've hit just about all of them, gamed just about all of them and could put any set in my bag for a round and feel good for a about them. 

Right now I've got the Kirkland 's. And 3 of those for less than 1 of these is going to keep these out of the bag(or any other brand for that matter). 

Didn't the rtx 4 offer different dot options that did the same thing? 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

The dots on the Cleveland wedges indicated bounce; low, mid, and high

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 hours ago, Thin2win said:

I mean, they look good. But I'm a wedge skeptic. I've hit just about all of them, gamed just about all of them and could put any set in my bag for a round and feel good for a about them. 

Right now I've got the Kirkland 's. And 3 of those for less than 1 of these is going to keep these out of the bag(or any other brand for that matter). 

No. Read the article so it makes it more clear than I can, but this is the first wedge ever that has a weighting system to adjust for numerous things in one’s swing, the least of which is one’s lower hand position at halfway back. Yeah, if someone is buying on price, right off the rack, mass produced wedges, they won’t be interested in spending more to have ones that actually fit. Nothing wrong with that, but this technology is brand new. Take a look at the article and the YouTube video I posted. 

10 hours ago, Thin2win said:

You know i will probably end up buying these...

On a serious note, the regional Edel fitter is about 30 minutes from me, so I might check them out. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

You know i will probably end up buying these...

On a serious note, the regional Edel fitter is about 30 minutes from me, so I might check them out. 

Get the 52/56 set please

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

Hmm.  I tend to leave the face open a lot... maybe this would work, I’ve been wondering for years why wedges are stuck in the Stone Age.  Yeah there have been a few “advances”... but this seems to be the biggest.  Too bad they don’t have a way to move it up too, for the ability to move the COG up.

I like the heel grind relief, that is something i custom ground into my 49, 53 & 57 using some shop tools.  Honestly that is a big reason I don't use new wedges because I'd feel so bad grinding away at a new SM8 or Zipcore right out of the box!  😬

And the weight screws are an improvement over my lead tape, but realistically I don't think I could help myself and some tape would find its way on the club.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

49 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Hmm.  I tend to leave the face open a lot... maybe this would work, I’ve been wondering for years why wedges are stuck in the Stone Age.  Yeah there have been a few “advances”... but this seems to be the biggest.  Too bad they don’t have a way to move it up too, for the ability to move the COG up.

True, moving COG would be cool.

20 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

I like the heel grind relief, that is something i custom ground into my 49, 53 & 57 using some shop tools.  Honestly that is a big reason I don't use new wedges because I'd feel so bad grinding away at a new SM8 or Zipcore right out of the box!  😬

And the weight screws are an improvement over my lead tape, but realistically I don't think I could help myself and some tape would find its way on the club.

I used Edel wedges for years before trying Vega this go round, and the built-in relief is second to none. There’s no off the rack wedge I’ve ever been able to lay as flat as an Edel. I’ve always thought they were the most versatile wedges available.

On 4/3/2021 at 8:37 AM, PMookie said:

I used Edel wedges for years before trying Vega this go round, and the built-in relief is second to none. There’s no off the rack wedge I’ve ever been able to lay as flat as an Edel. I’ve always thought they were the most versatile wedges available.

I sent my info to request a fitting.  I was told they expect to have them in stock on 4/25 at which point fittings will start.

Separate question, Mookie. I've often wondered are you the guy on the left or right in your avatar?  And then, who is the other guy?

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

2 hours ago, Dr Strangelove said:

I sent my info to request a fitting.  I was told they expect to have them in stock on 4/25 at which point fittings will start.

Separate question, Mookie. I've often wondered are you the guy on the left or right in your avatar?  And then, who is the other guy?

😂 I’m the one on the left. My Dad is the one on the right.

8 minutes ago, Dr Strangelove said:

Nice. Pilots?

No, we were in Dallas years ago on New Year’s and the restaurant where we ate offered helicopter rides around the city, so we went for a ride.

This bird didn't mention this only pertained to RH golfers. 

I don't blame Edel not making clubs in lefty but dang...guess I'll just drill into my Ping Glides and make my own moveable weights! 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

I checked with my local Edel fitter and its $150 for the fitting if i don't buy anything, $100 if i do. I assume that the cost would be the same for all fittings performed by Edel employees (whereas the cost would be different for Club Champion, etc.)

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

• 3 weeks later...

Trying to get an appointment setup a few weeks out for a fitting with the regional Edel fitter. Hoping the fitting is as extensive as the David Edel fitting process I have seen online. I have never been fit for any wedges, so I have no idea what bounce will fit me. Historically, i have taken big divots, but that was more due to a flaw in my swing with lowpoint control. I've overnight turned almost into a picker (not quite that drastic, but take pretty thin divots now).

Updated 07/15/2022

15 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Trying to get an appointment setup a few weeks out for a fitting with the regional Edel fitter. Hoping the fitting is as extensive as the David Edel fitting process I have seen online. I have never been fit for any wedges, so I have no idea what bounce will fit me. Historically, i have taken big divots, but that was more due to a flaw in my swing with lowpoint control. I've overnight turned almost into a picker (not quite that drastic, but take pretty thin divots now).

I’m hoping for next week on the 5th... My guy hasn’t received his fitting cart yet, so praying he gets it this week!

On 4/3/2021 at 7:43 AM, Shankster said:

Anyone tried the Edison Wedges? I’ve read some great reviews on them, and they claim to have advanced the technology of wedges as well. I actually got to this thread by searching the forum for discussion on them.

I have a CC full bag fitting end of May so will definitely ask about these Edel’s

3 hours ago, MFSOT said:

Anyone tried the Edison Wedges? I’ve read some great reviews on them, and they claim to have advanced the technology of wedges as well. I actually got to this thread by searching the forum for discussion on them.

I have a CC full bag fitting end of May so will definitely ask about these Edel’s

If you do a search there are a couple of threads about Edison wedges

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

I was all-set to have my fitting done yesterday when I get a call. Turns out the store didn’t get all of the fitting heads in the shipment! Ugh. Now I wait...........