:ping-small: Wood: G425 Max
:titelist-small: Hybrid: TS2 23*
:titelist-small: Irons:  6 to GW, T300 
:titelist-small: Wedges:  Vokey SM8 50F, 54S, 58K
:cameron-small: Putter: 1998 Tei3 Newport Long Neck
:titelist-small: Ball: Yellow Titleist VG3
:nike-small: Bag: Nike Air Hybrid Golf Bag

I Love the Art of Putting!

Hard to say for me.  I did the Titleist ball fitting and I was fit into the AVX or the ProV left dash.  I am going to put these two against both Snell's and Iove the Bridgestone BXS.  I need to wait for warmer weather to really get a feel for them.  I will say I like hit the AVX and Left Dash (in colder temps low 40's) but I liked the AVX better.  We shall see next week...supposed to be mid 60's so I will take them all out and give them a run.

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

Planning on the Z Star XV for another year.

WITB:

Taylormade SIM2 Max 9° w/ UST ProForce V2 5F3 @ 45"

Callaway Epic Speed 4wd w/ AccuFLEX Evolution Reg

Dynacraft Genesis 3 hybrid w/ Steelfiber i95r

Srixon ZX5 4-6 and ZX7 7-GW w/ UST Recoil 95 F4 soft stepped once

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54/10 w/ Recoil 95 F4 shaft

Cleveland RTX-4 58/03 w/ Recoil 95 F4 9i shaft

Odyssey SL EXO Marxman

Pondering:

Nothing at the moment

In the locker:

Too much to list

Srixon Q Star since I have 6 dozen I have won.  3 Dozen Cally Supersofts I have not used yet and 3 Dozen Srixon Soft Feels. Yep I think I am ok for this year

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 3/4/2021 at 11:50 AM, StrokerAce said:

So many choices now in the golf ball space; both exciting and can be somewhat confounding. 

What are you going with this year?
Sticking with the tried and true that you've used for years or thinking of something else?

I've tried to play mostly Srixon but will admit to branching out and trying some others like the Maxfli; have found a lower price version I'm thrilled with yet.

I'm frugal so I try not to go over 30 for a dozen, which cuts out a lot of the higher end balls.
I think this year I'm going to try the MTB-X. Can pick up a dozen on Amazon for 33 now and free ship w/prime. 

image.png.25b2a474322d4cca64b2eba918b5d6c8.png

Still gaming the Maxfli Tour X but as every year, Im going to try out different balls and see if maybe theres something better out there.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I had a pretty good year with the Srixon XVs last year, but after @chisag posted the TP5X Pix Practice ball deal, I had to give them a try.  And wouldn't you know it, I love them.  I didn't think I'd like the Pix design, but it's really great for putting.  I'll pick up some "real" ones for tournaments.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I’m planning on buying 4-for-3 Pro V1X as soon as the sale starts, but the new TP5X has me intrigued, and I putted with a pix ball at a store recently and loved seeing the design rolling along letting me know how well I struck the putt... Hmm. I NEED this wet to go away so I can try a sleeve of the new Pro V1X I got from the virtual ball fitting. I’ll probably grab a sleeve of TP5X and try them against each other.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

2 hours ago, PMookie said:

but the new TP5X has me intrigued, and I putted with a pix ball at a store recently and loved seeing the design rolling along letting me know how well I struck the putt.

I swear it's addicting, isn't it?

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

8 minutes ago, HardcoreLooper said:

I swear it's addicting, isn't it?

Crazy! I didn’t think I’d like it, but they only had one of them and I wouldn’t stop putting only THAT ball!

I have a bunch of Snell MTB-X, TP5X Pix practice, Z-Stars, and then probably a dozen Top Flite Gamers. Using any other balls, a dozen doesn't last very long, but the Top Flite Gamers, for some reason I can't lose those if I tried lol.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

I was enjoying my surprise progress at the end of last season while playing the ProV1X so I will try to pick up where I left off there. Short game was getting really consistent. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° SW & 58° LW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

20 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

Just curious - For you Snell guys - did the ball test lead to your decision to try these?

Yes, the ball test and comments on here got me to try them.

19 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

That's the reason I want to test them. Though I've got dozens of balls already so I may wait for the test of the Black as well and purchase the mixed pack they sell.

Take Dead Aim

I bought the Snell mixed pack last year and preferred the X over the Black.  I got the 5 doz deal over the winter and have all I'll need for the year.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Elixir for me. I really love what this ball does for me and how it plays. 

25278F68-11BD-423F-8EE5-9B62184029A9.jpeg

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I have about 3 dozen Titleist Tour Speeds to play, but I tend to lose 2-3 balls a round (bad days might be double that) so those will only last a dozen ish rounds.

I ordered 2 dozen Oncore Elixir after a friend recommended them and after the MGS golf lab compared them to the Tour Speeds, but they seem to be lost in transit and Oncore hasn’t been very helpful in figuring out where they are. If they ever show up I’ll compare the two and play one or the other this year. 

Ping G410+, 9* with draw bias weight setting, 55g Alta CB stiff shaft

Taylormade Burner 3w, stiff shaft 

Mizuno JPX919 Hot Metal 4-GW, regular flex

Cleveland CBX2 54* wedge

Cleveland Smart Sole 58* wedge

Ping Scottsdale Piper C putter

Titleist Tour Speed balls

The dimples on that OnCore ball look rather large.... is it just me, or the pic?

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Lost my lucky Top Flite Gamer ball today 😑

Hit a driver that was not OB, but landed in a giant mud pit. Its an area that they recently tore down some trees and are in-process of repairing. Main reason I couldn't find my ball was because there were at least 20 balls partly visible in the mud pit and it wasn't worth checking everyone of them. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

After reading the Pro V1 review here, I decided to splurge and bought a dozen of the new ones.

Ive played found pro v'z before, never really that impressed.

The new balls, however, have sold me. I've played tgem for two weeks now. Won my flight in a tournament Sunday. Spin on the greens is outstanding. Had 3 birdies Sunday and missed a 3 foot putt for the fourth. Had too much spin into one hole and backed it up 8 foot from a 4' close shot. I've had significant success with them in the 5 rounds Ive played.

I will be buying the TP5's tomorrow to give them a shot also due to the review here.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I swapped from the Q Star Tour to the Z Star at the end of last year.  It made a significant difference around the green, on approach shots, and short par 3s.  For once I don't have the urge to try a different ball.  

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

I was able to test the new Pro V1X bs the Left Dash yesterday while on the course. This new Pro V1X really does spin more on my approaches, with almost all of them backing-up some. The Left Dash seemed to be a little longer off the driver, usually around 3-5 yards, and it seemed to really get-up in the air off full wedges. It did not “suck back” at all on approaches, so there’s a definite difference in spin there. I’m just not sure that when I’m hitting iron shots that I need less spin since I have a pretty shallow impact. I definitely like to feel of the new Pro V1X better, so I’m still thinking Pro V1X for this year. 3-5 yards isn’t a ton off driver, and I think the little bit of extra spin will help keep me online a little better.

I thought I had settled on the MTB-X, then I picked up a box of -proV1X. The sound took a little bit to get used to, but I love the feel off the putter and driver. I haven’t noticed much loss of spin, but my wedges are brand new. Got one more ball to try; the chromesoft XLS

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

Still in love with the TP5 and the TP5 Pix balls.  Just haven't found anything that feels and performs for me like it does for the price point. 

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

Purchased 4 dozen of the Top Flite Gamers when MGS had a 40% off code. So far so good, I played them several years ago when they first came out. Gotta say they are just as long as the Pro V1x. The only issue is they don’t stop on a dime......but close.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder