TESTERS WANTED! ×

What's your golf ball for 2021?

On 3/26/2021 at 12:55 PM, TBT said:

I may have to grab a dozen of the new 2 tone Q stars, they remind me so much of the old Ping ballsIMG_1622.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Man, they really do.  

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Rangefinder -  NX-10 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

I'm trying the new taylormade tp5x! From the people I've talked to, they really stepped up their game with this ball. Can't wait for my order to get here.

Taylormade SIM 2

Taylormade r7 TP 15deg

Taylormade VSteel 18 deg

Taylormade P770 4-PW

Scratch 53deg

Scratch 58deg

Scotty Cameron Studio Select 2.5

Callaway chrome soft and callaway warbird. Still have some prov1 from last year.

Tommy Armour TA -1 driver

Adams 2 hy

Adams 3 hy

Tommy Armour 4hy

Adams 5 hy

STi-2 irons 6-GW

Acer 52 & 54 wedges

Pinemeadow SS 400 putter

I’m wondering if I should’ve bought the left dash instead of Pro V1X..... It is DEFINITELY longer off the driver! Crud!!!!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

12 hours ago, PMookie said:

I’m wondering if I should’ve bought the left dash instead of Pro V1X..... It is DEFINITELY longer off the driver! Crud!!!!

left dash are amazing!!! Played it for a season and as a slower SS player, it was great in pretty much all aspects. Obviously greenside didn't produce as much spin as V1 or V1x but MD callaway grooves helped with that.

I've always played Pro V1x, but recently received a free dozen of Tour B X from Bridgestone and may do those balls fly. Have been hitting them longer off the tee than the Pro V1x. So, I might be switching balls.

Give the Tour B X a try if you have a high swing speed.

Right handed golfer from Austin, Texas (Handicap: 8.1)

Driver: Titleist 907D2 (9.5 degree with stiff shaft)

Fairway Wood: Tayormade RocketBallz Stage 2 (3 Wood)

Hybrid: Cleveland CG Black (2 Iron)

Irons: Mizuno MP20 MMCs (Standard length and lie with stiff steel shafts)

Wedges: Callaway MD3 and Sub70

Putter: Scotty Cameron California Coronado

Ball: Pro V1x

Pro VIx - did the ball fitting and my fitter said that's where I should be - it's been where I should be for about 10 years in fact.  I don't loose many balls, I do the buy 3 get one, personalized special every January.  I still have a dozen plus left over from last year - after giving some sleeves away to another Pastor friend named Kevin.

ng 

I should really try to test last year v. this year - this year is supposed to be longer and a bit softer - I'm not seeing the longer but I might by the softer feel.  Of course I have new wedges so it's hard to say if its the ball or the wedges.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 3/4/2021 at 11:50 AM, StrokerAce said:

So many choices now in the golf ball space; both exciting and can be somewhat confounding. 

What are you going with this year?
Sticking with the tried and true that you've used for years or thinking of something else?

I've tried to play mostly Srixon but will admit to branching out and trying some others like the Maxfli; have found a lower price version I'm thrilled with yet.

I'm frugal so I try not to go over 30 for a dozen, which cuts out a lot of the higher end balls.
I think this year I'm going to try the MTB-X. Can pick up a dozen on Amazon for 33 now and free ship w/prime. 

image.png.25b2a474322d4cca64b2eba918b5d6c8.png

I've been a MTB-X fan for the last year and half! Love em! Especially when they have their deals and when you can get some friends to go in on 5+ doz to get the best price. But then I picked up some clubhead speed and needed to drop some spin. So I found the Bridgestone Tour B X and gaming that this year.

Bag: Sub 70 Cart Series bag

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9 deg (set to 7.5 deg/"big minus") Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 55g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

3W: Ping G410 14.5 deg (Set to 13.5 deg) Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 65g Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Hybrid: 19 deg (Set to 18) deg Ping G410 hybrid Mitsubishi C6 Black Stiff 80g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

Irons: 5-GW Irons Cobra Forged Tec X KBS Tour Lite Regular -0.25" Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Wedges: 50-07 S-grind, 54-08 D-grind and 58-12 deg D-grind Mizuno T22 Denim Copper Grip Golf Pride Z-Grip

Putter:  Cobra King 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter 41"

Game Ball: Maxfli TourX CG 

Lostgolfballs.com is also a great place if you want to play around with balls and save some coin. They have a variety of quality of balls from near mint (maybe hit once or twice) to "good" which may have scuffs/marks. They also have tour practice balls different size packs, colored balls. 

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9 deg (set to 7.5 deg/"big minus") Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 55g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

3W: Ping G410 14.5 deg (Set to 13.5 deg) Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 65g Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Hybrid: 19 deg (Set to 18) deg Ping G410 hybrid Mitsubishi C6 Black Stiff 80g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

Irons: 5-GW Irons Cobra Forged Tec X KBS Tour Lite Regular -0.25" Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Wedges: 50-07 S-grind, 54-08 D-grind and 58-12 deg D-grind Mizuno T22 Denim Copper Grip Golf Pride Z-Grip

Tour B X is what I landed on this year. Tried out a slew of balls last year (CS, CSx, PV1, Z-Star, Z-Star XV, Tour B XS). This ball flies by far the best off the tee for me of everything I hit. What sold me was last weekend, playing a course with very small & fast greens that are a PITA to hold, and hit 2 full wedges, and 2 pitches to tap in distance with plenty of spin and check, which was my concern with this ball. When I first tried it last summer, I wasn't the biggest fan because it felt "too firm". I suspect that is because I was coming off of having played a bunch of much softer balls. Now, take into account our 5-6 month layoff in the midwest it was like starting fresh. I have played 3 rounds with them now, and after the time off they don't feel too firm at all and you cannot deny the performance of them. 

image.png.258d22fcc4d0d25f5fdb8eea25fcd23f.png B21 9.5* w/ PX Evenflow Black 6.5

:ping-small: G410 SFT 16* 3-wood w/ PX Evenflow Black 6.5

image.png.de7870be9e5ebe2ff26fab3151edb989.png Stealth DHY 2i w/ Aldila Ascent Black Stiff

:srixon-small: z585 4-AW w/ Modus3 120x

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56.12 & 60.10 w/ Modus3 125w

image.png.a2a25073d1a41c5de1690a6254814da3.png Super Select Newport Plus -or- :odyssey-small: White Hot OG #1WS w/ Stroke Lab 

image.png.d2e91492049dce3981a9fad088921b12.png ProV1

Im pretty satisfied with the Bridgestone tour b x.  I want to try the bxs(tigers ball) , snell mtbx, and srixon zstar xv. 

WITB

Favorite right now would be the Bridgestone Tour B XS.  However, I have several sleeves of Pro V1's that I have from work as well as a lot of TP5x (2019) from buying the 5 dozen for $100 deal.  

Would prefer to stick with one, but will integrate those throughout different rounds.  Good performance with each so not too worried about it.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

3 minutes ago, juspoole said:

Favorite right now would be the Bridgestone Tour B XS.  However, I have several sleeves of Pro V1's that I have from work as well as a lot of TP5x (2019) from buying the 5 dozen for $100 deal.  

Would prefer to stick with one, but will integrate those throughout different rounds.  Good performance with each so not too worried about it.

Wow - nice stash!

Tried the MTB-X a couple weeks ago and that is a nice nice ball. I'm a price-conscious ball shopper and this one is right on the mark for me. Might try the black just to see what difference there is but Snell makes a good ball. 

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

So now that the weather is getting warmer, I started down this rabbit hole.  I did the Titleist ball demo a while back and was fitted into the ProV1 and the Left Dash, this past year I was playing the Srixon Z star XV, and the year prior I was playing the Bridgestone BXS.  I decided to try the Snell line this year as well....so this is where I am at so far:

I am NOT liking the Srixon due to quality control.  I posted on here a while ago about the cover and ball not being very durable so therefor once my stash is gone, I am not going back to them.  To be fair, Srixon gave me a few dozen balls to make up for some cover issues but I still don't think they are very durable so they are out!

Left dash is also out, just didn't fit what I wanted the ball to do.  While ProV1 is a nice ball, as expected.

I LOVED the Bridgestone line from two years ago and I may go back to them if I find a deal but unless that happens I have to say probably out as well.

I've played a few rounds with both Snell balls and I have to say I like the black better than the X.  I thought it would be the other way around but the black just feels better to me.  

So I did a head to head one day (tee shots, mid irons and chipping) and I have to say the Snell Black was right there in the mix with the ProV and Bridgestone.  So I gotta ask myself, why pay all the extra money for a ball that is comparable to the other two more expensive ones?  As of now, it's looking like Snell Black for me this year!

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

So far so good with the MTB-X ... really liking it but decided to mix in some black to see how they perform.

Bought 2 dozen of the black and X test pack to see the differences...

MTB Test Pack

Another AWESOME bonus is you typically know which ball is yours. 

I played with 3 guys yesterday who were all playing Titleist. LOL

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

I’ve got a doz of 2018 model Bridgestone Tour B XS (blue/black box) i will most likely never play so if anyone wants to trade? Playing the new Tour B X this year. I like the firmer rocks like this and the MTB-X (my old gamer for last 2 years).

Stocked up for the season. Just took advantage recently of the free personalization, free shipping, buy 3 dozen get 1 free deal to acquire 12 dozen Bridgestone Tour BRX balls with Boom Shaka Laka printed in red on them.   Ready to whup some ass now.

Tour Edge C723 8.0 MCA Tensei AV Blue Xlink 65S

Cobra LTDx 3W lofted to 16.5 Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Tour Edge E723 21 degree MCA Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Cobra LTDx 24 degree 5 hybrid Fujikura Fuel 85g Stiff

Corey Paul - 5-PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX or MaxFli Tour

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4

Had a very good round of golf this past weekend. Played one of the tighter courses near me and used my cheap balls from last year. While I was losing those, it gave me an excuse to walk in the shrubs. Found about two dozen of the new colored Bridgestone, maxfli, and Srixon balls, as well as a few ProV1s. All mint condition.

So I guess I now have several testers to see if any of them want to be my ball of choice this year. Nothing better than playing a tough course early in the year.

Rag tag bag, but it does the job. 

Taylormade R1 driver.

Ping G400 3 wood.

Cleveland Halo Launcher 3 hybrid.

Cleveland CBX launcher irons (5-PW). 

Assorted wedges (48, 52, 58).

Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 putter.

I have 3.5 dozen left of the Snell MTB-X and i like them. Tested the new TP5x Sunday (bought a sleeve to try). I liked how they played. Greens were plugged so couldn't test green side spin. Very workable. Might be something to consider if the pix practice balls go on sale later.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

TaylorMade TP5-X for me this year. Worked well for the back half of 2020, so no reason to go away from it.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Bought 5 dozen of the Snell MTB Black last month, hopefully I don't lose them too quickly.

Last year I was lucky enough to win a case of TP5 golf balls, which lasted me most of the year.  After that I bought various DTC balls Vice, Snell, Encore, RZN and Quantix, then tested them out and decided the MTB Black fit me the best.  Going to stick with those the rest of the year.

The Bridgestone Tour B XS and RX seem to go straighter than any other urethane ball for me. I'm sure it's a mental thing, but the B logo matching my first initial also serves as free personalization. 😏

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

So far so good with the MTB-X ... really liking it but decided to mix in some black to see how they perform.
Bought 2 dozen of the black and X test pack to see the differences...
2019_TestPack_1024x1024_nosticker_white_2000x.jpg?v=1573674029
Another AWESOME bonus is you typically know which ball is yours. 
I played with 3 guys yesterday who were all playing Titleist. LOL

That’s always a nice bonus...you never have to hear the “well I’m playing a Titleist 2 too” scenario 🤪

I don’t run into too many other Snell players.

I will say I found a TP5x last week and played it for 3 or 4 holes and really liked it, I might have to check out the TP5x practice balls that everyone is talking about

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Top-Flite Hammer or Gamer. Long and holds the green. $30 for 2-15 ball boxes at Dicks.

Driver: Tommy Armour Atomic, 10.5, Senior Shaft

3 Wood: Cleveland FL, senior graphite shaft.

Adams Idea A12 OS, 3,4,5,6 hybrids, 7 - sand wedge. Senior flex graphite shafts

Ping Answer putter.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2021 at 9:57 AM, B.Boston said:

For me its looking like Snell MTB-X is the leader in the clubhouse.  I've also still got a few Bridgestone Tour B X left too.  Plus a few leftover (starting to get beat up) early season Pro V1X to go through.  I'll try to play a few more rounds with both the Snell and Bridgestone, but based on my late rounds last year I don't see a reason to go with anything other than the Snell.  

Also, I'll be ordering mine with with the AlignXL printing.  I'm hooked.

These two balls seem to be the best fit for my game, want to give them both a good go, curious where you're finding the Snell with the AlignXL, that's a golfballs.com product, correct? I'm only seeing the Snell Sum for sale on there. 

18 minutes ago, MFSOT said:

These two balls seem to be the best fit for my game, want to give them both a good go, curious where you're finding the Snell with the AlignXL, that's a golfballs.com product, correct? I'm only seeing the Snell Sum for sale on there. 

Hmm. I just checked too. Out of stock I’m guessing?  I’ve ordered the MTB-X from them before. 

on snells site they’re stating a delay in manufacturing and a 2 dozen max purchase right now. Could be why we don’t see it on Golfballs.com

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8