TESTERS WANTED! ×

Lacassem Boom stick fitting @PGASS and 3k post

GolfSpy_SHARK

3 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

only way your ball is rolling by mine is if you pick it up and put it in the cart with you 😂😂

i can tell you’re leaning cobra but if i’ve learned anything from watching TXG videos, it’s that the right shaft/head can actually move your strike to the center. it seems like that TSi setup is your golden goose. 

The consistency I have gotten from that has been incredible and that has me leaning 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 minute ago, dlow206 said:

Buy both, yolo!

My problem is I can’t justify spending a grand and then selling one for a loss after a couple rounds maybe whichever one I don’t buy I’ll get at the end of the season if it comes down an little (TSI won’t so won’t be doing that) but ya never know

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

12 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

My problem is I can’t justify spending a grand and then selling one for a loss after a couple rounds maybe whichever one I don’t buy I’ll get at the end of the season if it comes down an little (TSI won’t so won’t be doing that) but ya never know

Yeah, don't buy two, even i wouldn't do that, i leave that kind of stuff to @Golfspy_CG2 😂. The key is buy one, and don't second guess yourself on what ifs on the one you don't buy.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

35 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

only way your ball is rolling by mine is if you pick it up and put it in the cart with you 😂😂

i can tell you’re leaning cobra but if i’ve learned anything from watching TXG videos, it’s that the right shaft/head can actually move your strike to the center. it seems like that TSi setup is your golden goose. 

I’m gonna need to tee it up from the fairway to pass both of you guys 😂 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

Congrats Lacassem, I know you can get another 3k easily.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

4 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Buy both, yolo!

That’s the best advice I’ve seen in this thread. He can give me the other one to test too. Haha

I’m  guessing he’ll go back now and hit them both 3 or 4 more times then decide. At least that’s what I’d do. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 minute ago, B.Boston said:

That’s the best advice I’ve seen in this thread. He can give me the other one to test too. Haha

I’m  guessing he’ll go back now and hit them both 3 or 4 more times then decide. At least that’s what I’d do. 

Lol you know I’m just going to text you randomly one day with a screenshot of the order confirmation lol. All impulse no thought over here

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Nice write up!

My normal buying decision would probably be to buy the Cobra too given the price difference- and I would feel smart and more justified in buying a new club but being more fiscally responsible!

Then I would pine over the TSi after every bad shot and end up buying a new driver again 12 months later 😂. I am mentally weak like that...

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

Enjoyed the write up. Sounds like you were able to collect some meaningful data and show that you can get a good fitting at a store like PGASS.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

have fun with the decision, always easier when you have a clear winner. Would hit another session with both, if you're numbers are the same, go with the tsi3, all your hit are perfect compared to the cobra where you are a little high on the face.

If money is an issue, go with cobra if it's cheaper. (normally is but...)

Also when I look at the trajectory of your shot, Tsi3 seems a little bit better but again the sample size are not the same.

Thanks @cnosilI think its important to hit on that my fitter was very knowledgeable. He wasn't the most "entertaining" as I did most of the talking but I was not there for amusement of chit chat. I think if you have a reputable fitter that is what is key and Natick, MA has one.

@pouetvlit was a great experience and I cannot go wrong. I have hit that TSI multiple times and its ridiculously consistent.....I am definitely hitting the bay 1 or 2 more times.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Your experience really makes me want to get a true driver fitting. If I can get a heat map anywhere close to yours I would love golf so much more!

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

58 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Your experience really makes me want to get a true driver fitting. If I can get a heat map anywhere close to yours I would love golf so much more!

I have put in a lot of time into my swing over the past year or so. This was a very typical striking pattern during that work.

image.png.0d0c86b98120e734f37db1faee4cc6bd.png

So what I can say is that getting fitted properly can really do wonders in the striking area as well as working on the swing. Goes hand in hand.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Great write up and congrats on the 3000th post!  Looks like you have a couple of winners to choose from, but pretty dang hard to look past that strike map on the TSi.  Getting really close to center more often is huge IMO.  I'm curious to hear more of your thoughts between the fitting experience at Truespec vs. PGASS... what key things you liked and disliked about each.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

6 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Great write up and congrats on the 3000th post!  Looks like you have a couple of winners to choose from, but pretty dang hard to look past that strike map on the TSi.  Getting really close to center more often is huge IMO.  I'm curious to hear more of your thoughts between the fitting experience at Truespec vs. PGASS... what key things you liked and disliked about each.

So for me I am in two totally different realms in my golf knowledge. If I went to PGASS and true spec the same time it would have been different. 
True spec fitter explained everything to me. What he saw in my swing, what was wrong and what was good. Why he was putting certain things in for me and why it worked.....I wouldn’t have gotten the same thing from this fitter at PGASS at all.

fast forward to now I’m a lot more knowledgeable, enough to be dangerous anyway. So it wasn’t as big of a deal but I like the reasoning behind things and I didn’t get that at all from PGASS but I wasn’t looking for that either.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

11 hours ago, Lacassem said:

So for me I am in two totally different realms in my golf knowledge. If I went to PGASS and true spec the same time it would have been different. 
True spec fitter explained everything to me. What he saw in my swing, what was wrong and what was good. Why he was putting certain things in for me and why it worked.....I wouldn’t have gotten the same thing from this fitter at PGASS at all.

fast forward to now I’m a lot more knowledgeable, enough to be dangerous anyway. So it wasn’t as big of a deal but I like the reasoning behind things and I didn’t get that at all from PGASS but I wasn’t looking for that either.

Same thought here.   My guess is that Truespec has, on average, a higher level of fitters...but that is almost certainly location dependent.  My TS fitter explained aspects of club heads and shafts I knew nothing about. I felt like he had me pretty well characterized by the end of my warm up and wasted little time getting the right options out of the treasure drawers to start the down select.

Before both of my TS fittings, I popped into the nearby Scottsdale PGASS to look around (never had been to one).  During my second visit, I spoke to a couple of the fitters and they seemed quite knowledgeable. I told them I was headed over to TS and they had nothing but good to say - even asked who my fitter was.  They still asked if I wanted to test anything and I did hit the ZX5's with the Recoil option shaft. What I noticed there was that they appeared to have all of the OEM standard and upcharge shafts.... not the case at Truespec.

I think for folks trying to decide where to a fitting, this is an important thing to know/consider. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

16 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Same thought here.   My guess is that Truespec has, on average, a higher level of fitters...but that is almost certainly location dependent.  My TS fitter explained aspects of club heads and shafts I knew nothing about. I felt like he had me pretty well characterized by the end of my warm up and wasted little time getting the right options out of the treasure drawers to start the down select.

Before both of my TS fittings, I popped into the nearby Scottsdale PGASS to look around (never had been to one).  During my second visit, I spoke to a couple of the fitters and they seemed quite knowledgeable. I told them I was headed over to TS and they had nothing but good to say - even asked who my fitter was.  They still asked if I wanted to test anything and I did hit the ZX5's with the Recoil option shaft. What I noticed there was that they appeared to have all of the OEM standard and upcharge shafts.... not the case at Truespec.

I think for folks trying to decide where to a fitting, this is an important thing to know/consider. 

Well summed up. I think you can safely say going to an OeM specific fitting they’re going to be able to tell you everything about their specific product and what it can do. You can hone in that 1 thing. 
I would say with confidence going to either PGASS/club champion/true spec so on and so on its location dependent.

Full bag fitting I’m going to true spec. Odds and ends PGASS

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

So here ya go. This is my 1 day of “screw it im buying it” mindset. Rad speed will be in next week

Golf balls.com made my decision for me with a promo code of 20% off (not eligible on titleist) that was my sign.....

when it comes in I’ll bring it to dicks to get cut down .5” and mid size grip

B25F057F-D545-43D1-9376-11D708365F1F.jpeg

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

37 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Well summed up. I think you can safely say going to an OeM specific fitting they’re going to be able to tell you everything about their specific product and what it can do. You can hone in that 1 thing. 
I would say with confidence going to either PGASS/club champion/true spec so on and so on its location dependent.

Full bag fitting I’m going to true spec. Odds and ends PGASS

I am excited to get my first high quality OEM agnostic fitting done either summer 2021 or sometime in 2022. I did have an OEM agnostic fitting done before for irons, but the shaft selection was limited to what the OEM provided in their fitting carts. So for example, I could hit a Ping iron, but only with the shafts that Ping sent in their fitting cart, and then a Callaway, etc. Did not have the universal heads/shafts.

I will be going to Modern Golf, which was where Ian Fraser was a part owner and head fitter, before he founded TXG. Will be going to the Richmond, BC location. My two choices for top notch fitters (besides Club Champion) were either in BC or Oregon, and BC is actually a closer drive for me.

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

6 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

So here ya go. This is my 1 day of “screw it im buying it” mindset. Rad speed will be in next week

Golf balls.com made my decision for me with a promo code of 20% off (not eligible on titleist) that was my sign.....

Nice, i pondered using that golfballs.com 20% coupon for a driver before but never pulled the trigger. Thought my order would get cancelled anyway.

Updated 07/15/2022

2 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Nice, i pondered using that golfballs.com 20% coupon for a driver before but never pulled the trigger. Thought my order would get cancelled anyway.

Yea if it does oh well. Then that’s my second sign and I’ll go with Titleist lol. As you can tell my though processes are super sound 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Glad I was able to push you over the edge with that coupon code. 🤣

can’t wait until you get it in and we go to the range. 😬

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

• 2 weeks later...

Ready to get home with this sucker waiting for me

5ED3B135-3D73-4EF2-97C6-EC8B673A1CAC.png.bfedec7735d065f962a84cca3059991b.png

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Just now, Lacassem said:

Ready to get home with this sucker waiting for me

5ED3B135-3D73-4EF2-97C6-EC8B673A1CAC.png.bfedec7735d065f962a84cca3059991b.png

Always a good day when a package like this shows up. Hope you get out to hit it soon. Monday is looking like weather so nice I just might be getting sick.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

1 minute ago, ejgaudette said:

Always a good day when a package like this shows up. Hope you get out to hit it soon. Monday is looking like weather so nice I just might be getting sick.

Oh I am already planning on getting it cut tomorrow and regripped, hit Thursday. As you can tell my priorities are aligned.....Range next week....maybe multiple days lol

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

Oh I am already planning on getting it cut tomorrow and regripped, hit Thursday. As you can tell my priorities are aligned.....Range next week....maybe multiple days lol

Indeed all about getting out there as fast as possible now

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

She’s in! Can’t wait to get it regripped and cut down tomorrow. Great deal on golfballs.com only thing was I had to track down the shipping stuff. When shipped for cobra they didn’t notify. Small detail.

not that it matters because I have my head-covers but do not like this one very much. Loved last years stock on the speedZone. 

first swings to come later on this week!

0139FA8A-5E7B-4C6C-8311-A6C1AE3AE497.jpeg

C05B3784-4B85-439A-AA5A-C19EE70A18E2.jpeg

C67DCE80-D835-47A3-B0D0-8D1DDE85D164.jpeg

B8A05AF9-9208-4BEB-BFF6-1E24666382D7.jpeg

44A80256-A97E-49B3-8B06-B13373F48B65.jpeg

F55352AF-7E63-4DCC-98EC-ECD5706E2512.jpeg

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Of course there’s snow in the forecast for Friday morning... buzzkill.

Simulator session soon?

IMG_3957.jpg