TESTERS WANTED! ×

Ping G425 Fairway Woods

Bubbly Pop

I picked up the Ping G425 3 wood early this week and I've since played several rounds with it.  Suffice to say it is the longest and straightest Ping fairway wood that I've ever played.  Ping products always seem to go straight so I expected that, but the hot face, and therefore the distance I'm getting, is a pleasant change/surprise (220 carry). 

I love the shallow face as it makes picking the ball off the fairway cleanly a breeze in comparison to deeper face 3 woods I've had previously.  It's worth a try if a shallow face fairway wood is something you prefer.   As I can employ several different Driver swing speeds (full driver, mid-driver, baby driver) I don't hit a fairway wood off the tee very often, so I can't comment on it's performance there.     

:ping-small: G425 Driver - 10.5 degree

Callaway EPIC MAX 3W

Callaway Heavenwood 7W 

:ping-small: G425 4 Hybrid - 22 degree

Takomo 201's - Nippon MODUS 105 shafts

:scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 8 Putter - Original "Two Thumb" grip 

Edel Trapper Wedge Lob Wedge 60 Degree Used Golf Club at GlobalGolf.com 54 and 58 degree V-Grind SMS wedges

• 5 months later...

I agree with your post. Ping g425 fairway woods are great. I have the 3,5,7,9 in my bag. The 7 and 9 woods are easy to hit off the deck. I have trouble with hybrids so I use the 7 and 9 fairway woods. The head sizes agree with me and I am successful making good shots with them. I highly recommend trying these fairway woods.

Bassbeamer 

I concur. Bought a 425LST last week because the Maltby 3 wood I had just spun way too much. Attached is my fitting data. I was hitting several shafts at 1° flat. I ended up going 1° strong but not flat to move the dispersion slightly left. 

Screenshot_20210729-063241_Chrome.jpg

Titleist TSI3 8°, Xcaliber Avalon 6 tour stiff, tipped 1", C3 surefit and H2 for backweight, D1 SW, 45 3/8", 40g counterbalance weight;

PING G425 LST 3 wood, set at 13.5° Xcaliber T6* tour stiff, tipped 1 1/4" 43 1/2", D1, 20g counterbalance weight;

Snake Eyes 19° Quick Strike Tour, Xcaliber T6+ Tour Stiff, 20g counterbalance weight;

Maltby TS-1 irons, Modus 120x soft stepped once, D5, 2° flat;

Cleveland RTX Zipcore wedges, black satin, 50°, 54°, 58°, all 2° flat;

Ping TR series Anser 5, 33", 2° flat, 1.5° strong, 75g optivibe at 2" down the shaft and a 12g tourlock pro+ counterweight

Srixon Z Star XV, TP5X, or Maxfli Tour X

Here was the dispersion pattern....

Screenshot_20210806-195008_Chrome.jpg

Titleist TSI3 8°, Xcaliber Avalon 6 tour stiff, tipped 1", C3 surefit and H2 for backweight, D1 SW, 45 3/8", 40g counterbalance weight;

PING G425 LST 3 wood, set at 13.5° Xcaliber T6* tour stiff, tipped 1 1/4" 43 1/2", D1, 20g counterbalance weight;

Snake Eyes 19° Quick Strike Tour, Xcaliber T6+ Tour Stiff, 20g counterbalance weight;

Maltby TS-1 irons, Modus 120x soft stepped once, D5, 2° flat;

Cleveland RTX Zipcore wedges, black satin, 50°, 54°, 58°, all 2° flat;

Ping TR series Anser 5, 33", 2° flat, 1.5° strong, 75g optivibe at 2" down the shaft and a 12g tourlock pro+ counterweight

Srixon Z Star XV, TP5X, or Maxfli Tour X