Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Club Champion putter hack job

Has anyone had experience with Club Champion warranty claims?  I took my Evnroll ER5B in a few weeks ago to add two sight lines to the wings of the mallet.  I was trying to turn the normal ER5B into something that looked similar to an Odyssey 7 like this:

316835712_ER5Bmockup.png.3b4b5a542988ed56afd94bcc97d7cca5.png

I dropped the club off at Club Champion Milwaukee on February 17th.  I was assured it would not be an issue to add the sight lines but just to make sure they would send it down to Club Champion HQ in Illinois.  I received the call this week that the putter was ready to be picked up; 2.5 week turnaround - not bad.

When I picked up the putter I just briefly glanced on it and headed out the door since they were in the middle of two fittings and I was hungry.  Upon arriving home I took a closer inspection and found this.  Keep in mind this putter was in absolute pristine condition as it was purchased brand new last year.

IMG_2225.JPG.344cea76f3208588a0aee8adc3458772.JPG

IMG_2224.JPG.120b4090e4a045636e8448a151c46bba.JPG

IMG_2221.JPG.490d37fc334628ec0bb06c44c22fb773.JPG

As you can see there are multiple scratches, gouges, inconsistent line width, bad paint fill, and the lines aren't even parallel!  It's a complete hack job.

I immediately emailed Matt Hansen at the local CC with pictures and to his credit he responded back within an hour agreeing they screwed up and will file a warranty claim.  I'm extremely pissed they ruined my gamer but cautiously optimistic they'll make me whole on the situation.  I'm a little worried on when they'll have a putter back to me though since the Evnroll website shows they are out of stock on ER5B's right now.

TL:DR summary: Club Champion butchered my putter but has hopefully offered to make it right.  I guess that's all we can really hope for in situations like this.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array F-2

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

• Bucky CC changed the title to Club Champion putter hack job

That' a bummer.  Hopefully they can make it right.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

@Manimal26 has a few thoughts about club champion

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

27 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

@Manimal26 has a few thoughts about club champion

I wasted $450+ at CC, won’t repeat the story, but never again. I hope they make it right OP, I’d be livid (I also play an ER5B).

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

Not a putter but got fitted new shafts in my one lengths couple years back and like a week later my 9i head fell off .. called and they fixed it right away. The. My 5i head wasn’t lose but the ferrule came up a bit and there was a gap then about  3-4 months later my 8i came loose .. I ended up getting new clubs but won’t go back there 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

Ugh that awful. Hopefully you are made whole quickly.

I like where you’re going with that design idea though. Do you trust them to try again? Or are you going to just ask for a replacement and find another place to do the work?

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Ugh that awful. Hopefully you are made whole quickly.

I like where you’re going with that design idea though. Do you trust them to try again? Or are you going to just ask for a replacement and find another place to do the work?

Not sure yet. I put on some auto detailing tape for winter practice and really like the look of the three lines but it would be tough to trust them again unless they could make some significant promises.

Who knows, they may tell me they can’t do the lines to avoid having another $400 mistake on their hands.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200

Not sure yet. I put on some auto detailing tape for winter practice and really like the look of the three lines but it would be tough to trust them again unless they could make some significant promises.

Who knows, they may tell me they can’t do the lines to avoid having another $400 mistake on their hands.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Maybe just use some high quality vinyl? Not sure if what you used for practice was or not, but I’d think that should hold up well.

I hope you’ll hear back soon. Spring is just around the corner now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Heard back from Club Champion this morning.  The warranty claim was approved and I should have my brand new replacement ER5B with upgraded gravity grip in about 3 weeks.  The fitter also volunteered to help with any free loft/lie adjustments that are needed once it arrives.

As for the added alignment lines they are going to use high grade vinyl stickers (nice call @B.Boston!) rather than try to mill it again.  That way they should be able to keep things looking professional while also ensuring it's semi-permanent and conforming.

They definitely butchered my putter but I'll give them credit for recognizing their mistake and replacing it without much hassle.  Luckily there's still snow on the ground here in Wisconsin so I'm not in a rush for the replacement.  If we do have any early spring I'll just close my eyes or look at the hole when I putt with my ruined Evnroll.

Well that's great news! It's good of them to be so responsive on that.  3 weeks feels long, but with today's shipping environment and them doing the customization that feels pretty fair.

Now the waiting game begins! 

As I have often said, every company even the best of them messes up now and then.  It's all in how they handle the situation that I judge them on.  Seems like CC get's an A in that department in this case.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

As I have often said, every company even the best of them messes up now and then.  It's all in how they handle the situation that I judge them on.  Seems like CC get's an A in that department in this case.

Fully agree.  They even refunded my initial fee on Saturday before I had the chance to ask about it.

I actually have a long game fitting (driver, 3 wood, hybrids) with them next Wednesday that I fully plan to keep.  I guarantee I would have gone elsewhere if this had been handled differently.  Assuming my putter arrives in the 3 week estimate I don't think they could have handled things better; other than not messing up the putter in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...

An update:  I had my previously scheduled long game fitting with Club Champion.  First thing they did upon arrival was apologize profusely for the putter issues.  They also cut today's $200 fitting fee in half.

To recap:

Club Champion butchered my putter
They immediately refunded my repair shop price
They ordered me a brand new Evnroll ER5B replacement
They gave me a $100 discount on a completely separate long game fitting
They offered a free putter fitting once the replacement comes in to make sure the loft and lie are set up correctly

All in all I'd have to say they completely made up for the butchered putter and I'll have no reservations about going to Club Champion in the future.  Now I just have to figure out whether or not I want to spend all this damn money on new clubs!

An update:  I had my previously scheduled long game fitting with Club Champion.  First thing they did upon arrival was apologize profusely for the putter issues.  They also cut today's $200 fitting fee in half.
To recap:
They offered a free putter fitting once the replacement comes in to make sure the loft and lie are set up correctly
All in all I'd have to say they completely made up for the butchered putter and I'll have no reservations about going to Club Champion in the future.  Now I just have to figure out whether or not I want to spend all this damn money on new clubs!

Good on them! I’m glad they worked hard to earn back your trust and business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Bucky CC said:

To recap:

Kudos to them in making things right. They have a bit of work to do on many others but a step in the right direction nonetheless. I would love to hear an explanation on the pricing model though the up charges baffle me

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

1 hour ago, Bucky CC said:

To recap:

Thanks for the follow-up summary. Glad everything worked out even though there were frustrations through the process. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Glad it worked out for you!  Hope the long game fitting goes well. You'll have to keep us posted on the numbers and which driver won for you. 

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

15 hours ago, juspoole said:

Glad it worked out for you!  Hope the long game fitting goes well. You'll have to keep us posted on the numbers and which driver won for you. 

So here are the results of my fitting (carry distances only).  I ended up hitting 11 different driver combos, 7 fairway woods, and 4 hybrids.  I tried out heads from Callaway, TaylorMade, Ping, Titleist, and the Cobra RAD but nothing was appreciably better than my current F9's with upgraded shafts.

For driver we ended up with a Project X Even Flow Riptide 60 6.5 flex.  We didn't see huge increase in carry numbers but the consistency and dispersion definitely improved.  Gamer in blue, Riptide in yellow.

driver.png.0bfe30ca5a438ab681c1aa7a4e2b5ccf.png

3 wood ended up in the same Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.5 flex but went with the heavier 70g shaft to help eliminate my draw/hook bias.

586462925_3wood.png.294e8edfdbb1ea303d0feb215e2fbf15.png

We tried the Riptide hybrid shaft but it couldn't come close to the LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 x-flex.

Hybrid.png.a97bd50555b616f078ad35da98206769.png

I guess I'm not surprised that I wasn't seeing much carry distance improvements since my clubs are only 2 years old thanks to the Cobra Connect challenge.  I was definitely happy to see better dispersion trying out different shafts since we were a little limited in our choices at the time.

If you really want a headache here are all the head/shaft combos for my driver fitting.  The green dots are the Ventus Blue shaft.  I've hit that before with solid results but for some reason I just could not do anything with it yesterday.

1282610711_Driverallshots.png.48b48c2403b0ca99d2d74cc7c5f26645.png