Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Ping G400

i bought a G400 LST second hand last year that happened to be missing the rear u shaped tungsten weight. 

i called ping customer service and they had me send it in to have a new weight installed free of charge. the turn around time was 10 days. ping’s customer service is historically fantastic, and you can find examples of that all across this forum and others  

have you considered that threatening them during your initial contact might not be have been the smartest approach?

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Mine too. Mine is G410 and crack (as shown in picture) appears after less than 6 months of purchase. Bought it from authorized dealer. Asking them to have it replaced with new one, no news yet. Saw this issue in many other forum as well when I searched for Ping driver crack in google. Driver is very well designed but poor material quality I think.

20210322_083957.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/18/2021 at 2:26 PM, lasorcier said:

And that is probably exactly why you didn't get the result you wanted.  Attitude of the customer counts for a lot.  Quite frankly, if you came off to Ping like you came off throughout your post, I can see exactly why they didn't bend over backwards. 

They have replaced several clubs of mine with newer versions either free or greatly reduced because I was nice to them.  As a matter of fact, the last time I needed some assistance, the rep thanked me for being nice.  I asked him why he said that.  His reply was that he frequently dealt with difficult individuals with unrealistic expectations and was appreciative that I was not such an individual.  Half off on a G400 5-wood from a call about a simple repair to an i/3 5-wood that was way beyond warranty.  Parenthetically, still the best 5-wood i have ever hit (the i/3 that is), for me.

haha maybe but i appreciate customer service especially when you are buying  a premium product. the fact is that their product is faulty pure and simple. they state they stand behind their products clearly they do not. customer support should be for everyone not the ones that suck up to you and kiss your ass. Voicing disappointment in a product and service should not be a reason to dismiss a customer. consumers talk and word of mouth about poor back up can't save a good product. Its a shame as i said i really liked the G400. 

12 minutes ago, terry66 said:

haha maybe but i appreciate customer service especially when you are buying  a premium product. the fact is that their product is faulty pure and simple. they state they stand behind their products clearly they do not. customer support should be for everyone not the ones that suck up to you and kiss your ass. Voicing disappointment in a product and service should not be a reason to dismiss a customer. consumers talk and word of mouth about poor back up can't save a good product. Its a shame as i said i really liked the G400. 

several in this thread have gotten their G400 replaced outside of warranty, myself included. mine was even bought second hand. a claim like “ping doesn’t stand behind their product” holds no weight in the face of evidence like that. 

they have 0 responsibility to replace a product past its warranty coverage. that being said, i’d imagine if your first conversation with them wasn’t full of threats, you’d have gotten further than you did. no need to kiss ass, i sure didn’t. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

I do believe this is a situation Ping maybe would have fixed if it was pre pandemic and they weren't already short on product. I won't defend Ping or other OEMs that make a faulty product but I will say that the likelihood of problems in drivers will likely increase in the coming years as OEMs do everything they can to move weight around and make certain parts of their product as this an possible. I'm not saying new clubs are disposable but the reality is that there will be a lot of driver breakage in the coming years not just on future clubs but many of the clubs make in the last five years. I do think the carbon composite materials are generally durable and the modern glues/bonding methods are great. However, impact on a full swing is a violent experience for drivers and with how thin current drivers are manufactured, I think we can expect to see a lot of cracked heads going forward. 

They just replaced my hoofer 2020 bag that developed a rip near the zipper. 

I do have one odd questions. My father and brother in law both have g400 max drivers. One with a regular flex shaft and the other with stiff. Both using the ping shafts. I’ve tested with the stiff flex. All 3 of us have felt at one point that the shaft sounds like it is cracking at impact. We have all retightened the shafts making sure everything is properly set up. Has anyone else noticed this? I actually did crack a shaft 2 years back that ping replaced right above the shaft adapter. Unfortunately no pictures to show off lol

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

well took out the G400 as decided to play it until it broke and shot a 77, missed 2 fairways the entire round and am now looking for a cheap G400 minus cracked hosel!! 🤐

I also think living on the other side of the world had something to do with Pings decision. I don't think they sell an awful lot of product in NZ

Edited by terry66

I had the same thing happen to me on a G400 I owned for about 9 months. Crack was in a different location that made the club totally unplayable. Ping did fully replace it but they didn't have any 400's so I got a 410plus that I honestly didn't prefer and traded for a 410LST a few months ago. The club material is very thin but usually Ping tries to make it right. Sorry for the issues you've had. 

:callaway-small: Rogue LS 9° Driver, X stiff KuroKage
:ping-small: G410 17° & 19° hybrid, X stiff
:mizuno-small:  JPX-921 Tours 4 iron thru PW, Modus 105 X stiff
:mizuno-small:  S18 50°, 56° & 60°
 :bettinardi-1: Single Stock #3 34.5" putter

2019 MSG Forum Tester- Bridgestone e12

2021 Callaway Epic Max LS Driver Test