Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2021 Most Wanted-Blade Putters

Golfspy_CG2

23 hours ago, Tsecor said:

the Anser 4 is not shown on Pings web site.....is this a new model that is coming out or an old model no longer offered? 

came to this thread with the same question.  Over recent years, I've come to realize the Anser 4 (or Zing, or Miz TPM-2) offset and hosel is a much better fit for me than that of the Anser/Anser2.

Edited by NRJyzr
new tablet, same autocorrect

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

On 3/8/2021 at 10:22 PM, cnosil said:

I saw your post about plumbers necks on the main article.    Just to let you know MGS doesn't generally pick the putters  in the test;  they request putters from the OEMs and the send what they want to include in the test.   MGS will occasionally add some clubs when a manufacturer doesn't send any clubs.   That said,  I would say that a large percentage of the putters were not plumbers neck.  

I figured that was the case.  

Driver: Titleist TSR 3 10* Accura TZ6 M3 65g

Fairways: Callaway Rogue 15* & 19* Matrix Ozik TP 6 HD stiff 

Hybrid: Titleist TSI 4 & 5 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi AV 65 HY X stiff   

Irons:  KZG Forged III 6-P Accura iS7 (Refinished and regrooved)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX  50*, Taylormade MG 3 Tiger grind 56 bent to 54/10 & Taylormade MG 4 Tiger grind 56 bent to 58/14

Putter: Positive Putter's Custom P2 (think Edel putter meets Heavy Putter)

Ball: Callaway Chome Tour                        

All clubs have Winn Dri-Tac Wraps oversized

On 3/8/2021 at 9:23 AM, Tsecor said:

the Anser 4 is not shown on Pings web site.....is this a new model that is coming out or an old model no longer offered? 

so this is a Japanese page with Anser 4. I did the google translate thing so I could at least read model names. Good pics. And a cool video but....its in Japanese so I just turned sound on mute since I don't know the language. But the website is top notch with great pics. Maybe the US Ping site will get the putter line updated on its site. 

here is a JP site: https://clubping.jp/product/product2021_putter.html

I copied the above into translate.google.com so I could at least read model names. 

10 hours ago, aerospace_ray said:

so this is a Japanese page with Anser 4. I did the google translate thing so I could at least read model names. Good pics. And a cool video but....its in Japanese so I just turned sound on mute since I don't know the language. But the website is top notch with great pics. Maybe the US Ping site will get the putter line updated on its site. 

here is a JP site: https://clubping.jp/product/product2021_putter.html

I copied the above into translate.google.com so I could at least read model names. 

thats cool, thank you

so MGS tested a putter we cannot buy at retail? Im confused

Golf is cool

thats cool, thank you
so MGS tested a putter we cannot buy at retail? Im confused

It is coming out soon; new product. It was/is embargoed but because pictures were already released elsewhere they allowed MGS to show photos. Until the testing gets closer to the summer there are almost always embargoed products in the testing.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 3/8/2021 at 6:01 PM, cnosil said:

I  can tell you from my testing,  that the blade putters would destroy the mallets;    There were only 2 mallets that I putted well with.

I'm loving this comment because, aesthetically, many of the mallet designs just don't fit my eye.  Probably because I've been rolling the B61 for so long and it feels like the day you first picked up a "turtle on a stick" driver.  Seems like the "wide blade" styles that rocked the testing are a good balance between added MOI and more traditional (to the eye) looks?  Also noticed that all of them fall into the "slight toe hang" - which is what my fitter was moving into. These results have me now wanting to test a few of these top picks against my gamer and the Evnroll HR5 HB identified from the fitting. 

Eyeballing that Mizuno and Scotty Cameron in our classifieds... both are cool looking. Push me over the edge @jlukesor @Chip Strokes🙂

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

4 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I'm loving this comment because, aesthetically, many of the mallet designs just don't fit my eye.  Probably because I've been rolling the B61 for so long and it feels like the day you first picked up a "turtle on a stick" driver.  Seems like the "wide blade" styles that rocked the testing are a good balance between added MOI and more traditional (to the eye) looks?  Also noticed that all of them fall into the "slight toe hang" - which is what my fitter was moving into. These results have me now wanting to test a few of these top picks against my gamer and the Evnroll HR5 HB identified from the fitting. 

Eyeballing that Mizuno and Scotty Cameron in our classifieds... both are cool looking. Push me over the edge @jlukesor @Chip Strokes🙂

Do itttttt! Seriously the MCraft IV is a pretty nice balance between blade and mallet, especially if you want some toe hand. But with my Scotty 5.5 coming in a few weeks I just couldn’t justify keeping it 

@fixyurdivot i’ll help make your decision to buy the mizuno easier...my scotty sold this morning. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

• 1 month later...

I went by Dicks yesterday as they finally had  a few Odyssey White Hot OG #1 putters.  I can definitely understand how MGS testers selected this as top pick.  It's smooth as butter on hot corn bread!  Much better feel off the insert than the Ping putter I just picked up. 😳

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)