TESTERS WANTED! ×

Has Golf Attire Become Haute Couture, Or Have We Always Been Fashionable?

Tarheelvolvo

This article from Financial Times popped up yesterday and it got me thinking about Golf Attire and how many designers are catching on (and cashing in) to the surge in popularity of the sport. However, I've been of the mind that Golf Attire has always been pretty fashionable for the time period - some looks even becoming timeless!

So what do you guys think? Are we in a new Golden Age of golf fashion being seen everywhere, have we always been fashionable, or is golf attire a joke and always will be? Special shout-out to anyone posting pics of themselves playing in Jorts 🤣

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

I think some of the golf style is too stylish or stuffy. I think it should be more sporty and fun. Hell, look at what I wear, half my golf attire has a skull and crossed clubs on them!

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Let there be color! I love the fun or loud designs that are coming out recently. What I don't like are the designs and high end companies that try to bring their street look to the course. Things like cropped pants or slim fit shirts. I'll never like flat-brimmed hats either. I think there's enough out there for everyone to find their own style though.

Personally I like to match a solid color polo with a contrasting pair of pants. Sometimes stripes or a pattern is ok. I use hats, shoes, and belts to bring in even more color.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

4 minutes ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

Let there be color! I love the fun or loud designs that are coming out recently. What I don't like are the designs and high end companies that try to bring their street look to the course. Things like cropped pants or slim fit shirts. I'll never like flat-brimmed hats either. I think there's enough out there for everyone to find their own style though.

Personally I like to match a solid color polo with a contrasting pair of pants. Sometimes stripes or a pattern is ok. I use hats, shoes, and belts to bring in even more color.

Take Dead Aim

My wife tells me I'm "pattern mixing" all the time...I guess that means I'm a fashion forward golfer😎

I love the style options these days; colors and patterns have proliferated since the early 2000’s. Remember how baggy everything was? Now it’s slim fit or euro cut, and in a few years it’ll be on to something else. But I hope the colors stay...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

My wife tells me I'm "pattern mixing" all the time...I guess that means I'm a fashion forward golfer
I have a couple shorts with a plaid pattern, but all my pants are solid. But I'll wear just about any color combo

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

might be able to pull off that black-on-black outfit in the article (minus the bucket hat, I look like sh!t in bucket hats), but there are exactly two days a year in Richmond, VA where you can wear it's cool enough to wear a black shirt and warm enough to wear any shorts.

The fashion on tour is getting a little better, but the fashion on the first tee at the courses where I play is not moving forward.

Linksoul makes stuff you can credibly wear off the golf course, which is nice.

I'd like to see more courses give up on collared shirts, although I'm so preppy, it'd be tough to get me to play in anything else.

https://www.nationalclubgolfer.com/news/abolish-dress-code-proof/

I did just get a nice North Face hoodie from work, and I could totally wear that thing on the course.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

No Sam Ryder "skinny pants", going sockless, or white belts for me.  My wife keeps wanting me to get long pants versions of the Izod and Adidas shorts I wear but I just dislike wearing slacks while golfing.  If I'm playing cold spring or fall rounds in Montana, a pair of Carhartt blue jeans works perfect 👍.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

No Sam Ryder "skinny pants", going sockless, or white belts for me.  My wife keeps wanting me to get long pants versions of the Izod and Adidas shorts I wear but I just dislike wearing slacks while golfing.  If I'm playing cold spring or fall rounds in Montana, a pair of Carhartt blue jeans works perfect .
No, no, yes I rock the white belt! Most of my pants are Izod and Haggar Cool 18, much more affordable than the other golf brands and very durable. I am fine wearing pants until it gets above 80 then it's shorts.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

2 hours ago, silver & black said:

As long as the clothes are clean and there are no holes in them, I couldn't care less what anyone wears on a golf course.

People pay big $$$ for that brand new distressed look 🙂

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Well it has always been colorful from the 50s forward with Jimmy Demaret and later on with Doug Sanders in the 60s and then Nicklaus and Palmer with those sweaters. The thing about golf fashion is some guys can pull off styles that others can not. take for an example an old big guy like me--- I can not pull off the plaid look or the white belt look but see some that can. Golf IMHO leads itself open to creating your own style. I am the guy you see in the summer with either Kaki or dark blue shorts with either outlet store or GW Polo shirt wearing a set of beat up golf shoes with shorty socks. also have my floppy Pukka hat with Stenson type of shades smoking a cigar. Since I have retired I have went back hippie again with long hair and a beard. I could care less what some one else wears and I do not give 2 hoots if they like or dislike what I wear. In fact thinking of going to what I call the Panama Jack or Jimmy Buffet type shirt this season. But yeah I do my own thing
That's what it's all about man!

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

7 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

I like the variety that's out there, so much individuality.  Makes it really something when a foursome shows up in all the same thing like a uniform (be still my military "dress right dress" heart ) (hey those golf carts are not lined up right).

This is my regular threesome... everything goes ⛳   🏌️‍♂️

1640728976_TheThreesome.jpg.1fd8dac2bf008454837e252b91c00793.jpg

Your partner in the pants has got style for miles 😎 

Love the variety in this pic, thanks for sharing!!

I try to keep my golf attire to stuff that I can wear to work also (makes it a hell of a lot easier to just change my socks after a round). Some bright colors and for tournaments I’ll mix it up but pretty vanilla over here

14805D86-7576-45F6-B551-AADF6F6AB0A3.png.f3bb13e59b458b759e9098a17d41756b.png

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

8 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I try to keep my golf attire to stuff that I can wear to work also (makes it a hell of a lot easier to just change my socks after a round). Some bright colors and for tournaments I’ll mix it up but pretty vanilla over here

Please don’t try and tell me the guy who looks like an Easter egg is stylish. 😂

That short fella though... now he’s got style! 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

2 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Please don’t try and tell me the guy who looks like an Easter egg is stylish. 😂

That short fella though... now he’s got style! 

It’s my Easter outfit! Gotta keep it fun on golf trips! (Also I am not that much bigger than everyone else it’s the camera angle)

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

It'll be interesting to see if my younger daughter still wants to wear matching outfits in the parent-child tournament.  She's 13 now, and I can see her putting the kibosh on this.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

7 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

I like the variety that's out there, so much individuality.  Makes it really something when a foursome shows up in all the same thing like a uniform (be still my military "dress right dress" heart ) (hey those golf carts are not lined up right).

This is my regular threesome... everything goes ⛳   🏌️‍♂️

1640728976_TheThreesome.jpg.1fd8dac2bf008454837e252b91c00793.jpg

Exactly what I was talking about earlier--- Your bud in the Loudmouth pants pulls it off well IMHO where I could not pull that look off

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

6 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Yep my general style would fit in good with you guys

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I think we have hit a time where there is something for everyone. If you like fitted pants or straight leg or joggers, golfs got you. If you like 1/4 zips or sweatshirts or crew necks, golfs got you. If you like regular collared polos or blade collared polos or TW mock polos, golfs got you. If you like ball caps or flat bills or bucket hats, golfs got you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

The thing that most of the public courses I play at look for is a collar and, maybe a belt and more specifically - NO JEANS. I've even seen that posted inside the clubhouse.

Other than that you can kind of -- be you. 

I actually had one head pro at a public course reprimand me for wearing a t-shirt and shorts on the practice green ( I wasn't playing just practicing ). He asked that I wear a collared shirt at all times since they are trying to improve the reputation of the course - or some garbage like that. I was able 3 seconds from telling him to eff off but decided to take the high road.

I don't mind; I find golf shirts/shorts/pants comfortable but some people need to get with the program.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

I'm somewhat fussy about what I wear - clean and proper fitting clothes and shorts. However, I could care less what others wear as long as they abide by course rules, i.e. collared shirts, etc. Each to their own taste just don't play slow 😁.

FYI I love the recent innovation of waistbands that keep shirts tucked in  - don't love the flat brimmed hats even though I'm a Fowler fan. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I used to hate and I mean hate watching people play golf with shirts untucked. I don’t know why but it was just my issue I suppose. 

Two years ago I was playing a PM round with my dad. We weren’t in a rush but caught a foursome of guys wearing the plaid shorts, untucked polos and sneakers. They had a radio and a case of beer in the back of the cart and a couple foot long subs. 

They weren’t throwing clubs, acting like clowns and would allow every group to play through. Just a couple friends enjoying time together. Isn’t that what this is all about?

Personally, I like to dress nice but I won’t judge anyone for their clothing on the course. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Don't ever underestimate how comfortable knickers are....

DSC00480.JPG.ac945edb07f4ca3be21dfdc19a7a812a.JPG

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Don't ever underestimate how comfortable knickers are....
DSC00480.JPG.ac945edb07f4ca3be21dfdc19a7a812a.JPG
But where will I find a good pair of wool hose?????

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

The thing that most of the public courses I play at look for is a collar and, maybe a belt and more specifically - NO JEANS. I've even seen that posted inside the clubhouse.
Other than that you can kind of -- be you. 
I actually had one head pro at a public course reprimand me for wearing a t-shirt and shorts on the practice green ( I wasn't playing just practicing ). He asked that I wear a collared shirt at all times since they are trying to improve the reputation of the course - or some garbage like that. I was able 3 seconds from telling him to eff off but decided to take the high road.
I don't mind; I find golf shirts/shorts/pants comfortable but some people need to get with the program.
I don't know how people can be comfortable in jeans anyways. But a lot of public courses near me have dropped all dress code stipulations. They aren't worried about looks, just cash.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

For me, it goes far beyond golf --  nothing says low-class like wearing your flannel pajama bottoms to the airport.   I'm most comfortable in a pair of khakis and a polo shirt -- on or off the course.  I'm just a conservative old fart, I guess.  Deal with it. 😄 😄  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

51 minutes ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

But where will I find a good pair of wool hose?????emoji23.png

Take Dead Aim

https://golfknickers.com/

you can thank me later... 😉

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56