Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Has Golf Attire Become Haute Couture, Or Have We Always Been Fashionable?

Tarheelvolvo

50 minutes ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

I don't know how people can be comfortable in jeans anyways. But a lot of public courses near me have dropped all dress code stipulations. They aren't worried about looks, just cash.

Take Dead Aim

I played in TX (Rio Grande valley) with my buddy who only wears jeans and they could care less down there! And those were nice courses too.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Another take from the WSJ....

https://www.wsj.com/articles/hoodies-jordans-macklemore-golf-enters-its-streetwear-moment-11615319244

The liberal, even fun approach to golf style that brands like Bogey Boys and Whim have taken appeals to golfers like Jacob Suarez, 27, a PGA-certified instructor in Phoenix. Growing up, Mr. Suarez abhorred the khaki-and-polo dress code imposed by many golf clubs. He would rather have teed up in his skate shoes and jeans. He believed conformist dress codes kept players like him—young men who aren’t white—off the course. Today, many courses have relaxed their codes just as nascent brands are expanding into golf fashion. At many clubs, a hoodie is now as course-appropriate as a pressed polo. Mr. Suarez regularly plays in Patagonia fleeces, Dickies trousers and Jordan sneakers. Said Mr. Suarez, “Golf attire is just whatever you wear when you play golf. There shouldn’t be a specific code for it.”

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

https://golfknickers.com/
you can thank me later...

This is eye opening love the colors!!!!

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

12 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

The thing that most of the public courses I play at look for is a collar and, maybe a belt and more specifically - NO JEANS. I've even seen that posted inside the clubhouse.

Other than that you can kind of -- be you. 

I actually had one head pro at a public course reprimand me for wearing a t-shirt and shorts on the practice green ( I wasn't playing just practicing ). He asked that I wear a collared shirt at all times since they are trying to improve the reputation of the course - or some garbage like that. I was able 3 seconds from telling him to eff off but decided to take the high road.

I don't mind; I find golf shirts/shorts/pants comfortable but some people need to get with the program.

Well most courses in this area used to be like that until they woke up and smelled the coffee and realized they were in a beach tourist area. Now some of those courses that did not allow non collored shirts now sell them in the Pro Shop with the club's name on them. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

11 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

Don't ever underestimate how comfortable knickers are....

DSC00480.JPG.ac945edb07f4ca3be21dfdc19a7a812a.JPG

Now I will say those guys that are wearing them IMHO pull the look off well Now the guy looking at the picture on the far right is a big guy and a little smaller than I am and he is dressed similar to as I would be. I do wear shorty socks and a big floppy hat and shades though. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

10 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

Another take from the WSJ....

https://www.wsj.com/articles/hoodies-jordans-macklemore-golf-enters-its-streetwear-moment-11615319244

The liberal, even fun approach to golf style that brands like Bogey Boys and Whim have taken appeals to golfers like Jacob Suarez, 27, a PGA-certified instructor in Phoenix. Growing up, Mr. Suarez abhorred the khaki-and-polo dress code imposed by many golf clubs. He would rather have teed up in his skate shoes and jeans. He believed conformist dress codes kept players like him—young men who aren’t white—off the course. Today, many courses have relaxed their codes just as nascent brands are expanding into golf fashion. At many clubs, a hoodie is now as course-appropriate as a pressed polo. Mr. Suarez regularly plays in Patagonia fleeces, Dickies trousers and Jordan sneakers. Said Mr. Suarez, “Golf attire is just whatever you wear when you play golf. There shouldn’t be a specific code for it.”

I had forgot about that on hoodies. I guess it may be in this tourist area but a lot of courses sell hoodies with of course the club name on them. I go along with Mr Suarez 110%. It may be the way I was raised. My Old Man ran a public daily fee course--- The only dress code was " Gentlemen Must Wear Shirts In Clubhouse" That was because my Step Mom worked in there as did several lady teachers off school for the summer

G

I get to play on the road often. Sometimes on some upscale courses. I could think of nothing worse than being asked to leave because I was not meeting the dress code. I happened to me once over my shorts not being the correct length about 25 years ago. I was at a resort course. I never let that happen again.

My club has a dress code and I make sure any guest of mine knows. You have to have a golf shirt and tucked in, close to knee length shorts. No tee shirts, no jeans, no backwards or sideways golf hats, no tank tops, no metal spikes. 

But these are what I was always used to when golf attire was a little stuffier (before Tiger). So for me it is normal golf attire. It is also my company's mimimum work dress code (except no shorts). So I can leave work and hit the course by just changing shoes or pants to shorts and shoes. 

I know a lot of you feel differently about dress codes. But I have no issue with them if it means getting to play a nice course. I tried to play in jeans once and hated it. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

6 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I get to play on the road often. Sometimes on some upscale courses. I could think of nothing worse than being asked to leave because I was not meeting the dress code. I happened to me once over my shorts not being the correct length about 25 years ago. I was at a resort course. I never let that happen again.

My club has a dress code and I make sure any guest of mine knows. You have to have a golf shirt and tucked in, close to knee length shorts. No tee shirts, no jeans, no backwards or sideways golf hats, no tank tops, no metal spikes. 

But these are what I was always used to when golf attire was a little stuffier (before Tiger). So for me it is normal golf attire. It is also my company's mimimum work dress code (except no shorts). So I can leave work and hit the course by just changing shoes or pants to shorts and shoes. 

I know a lot of you feel differently about dress codes. But I have no issue with them if it means getting to play a nice course. I tried to play in jeans once and hated it. 

Really no problem with dress codes if I want to play that venue------ You know the part about being in their house and their rules. What part of the problem was down here in the past was some courses trying to be more than they were. Pissed a lot of the tourists off. In fact some of those courses are no more. A lot of it has to do with demographics. This is a vacation area and I can see some folks wanting to play and let their hair out so to speak which they may not be able to do at their home track. Courses had to adapt to "snag that tourist dollar". But yeah if I was playing a nice course with a dress code I would abide just do not ask me to cut my hair or shave.

G

as far as on the course, i’ll always dress for where i’m playing. i’ve played my local muni in sweatpants, but at a nicer track or especially a club as someone’s guest i’ve got no problem putting on nice shorts or pants (weather dependent) and a collared polo. i can appreciate looking and feeling good at a really nice venue, and i actually think it adds to the experience  

the part of the country club uniform that really irks me though is in the dining room. my grandparents have belonged to an upscale club on Long Island for over 40 years (house members only as my grandfather hated golf).

a few years back i was actually denied entry to the dining room for a family dinner because of what i was wearing: tailored jeans, fitted white t shirt, blazer, and chelsea boots. the exact same type of outfit i wouldn’t think twice about wearing to a business meeting or a dinner at a nice restaurant. 

as clean and put together as i looked, i didn’t pass muster because i was wearing denim and didn’t have a collar. but the guy at the bar in the polo shirt two sizes too big and the wrinkled $12 old navy khakis was good to go. 

dress codes are great and they’ve got their place, but a slob is always gonna look like a slob, no matter what rules he’s following. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Look good, feel good, play good. I think it's that simple. Be comfortable and confident on the course. My home course doesn't have a dress code, heck I've seen guys out there in hunting boots, jeans, and flannel. It's odd but it doesn't bother me any. I'm not worried that they're ruining the game. They're not in my group so as long as they're respectful of the course it's fine.

I like to dress like a pro. Polo tucked in and pants, until it's too hot then shorts. Maybe I'm not one yet, but at least I can look the part. Once we get into the season I don't mind posting pictures in my flashy-ier outfits.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

2 minutes ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

Look good, feel good, play good. I think it's that simple. Be comfortable and confident on the course. My home course doesn't have a dress code, heck I've seen guys out there in hunting boots, jeans, and flannel. It's odd but it doesn't bother me any. I'm not worried that they're ruining the game. They're not in my group so as long as they're respectful of the course it's fine.

I like to dress like a pro. Polo tucked in and pants, until it's too hot then shorts. Maybe I'm not one yet, but at least I can look the part. Once we get into the season I don't mind posting pictures in my flashy-ier outfits.

Take Dead Aim

My grandfather always said “even if you play like sh1t, look good doing it” motto I love my golf life by

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

I'm somewhat fussy about what I wear - clean and proper fitting clothes and shorts. However, I could care less what others wear as long as they abide by course rules, i.e. collared shirts, etc. Each to their own taste just don't play slow .
FYI I love the recent innovation of waistbands that keep shirts tucked in  - don't love the flat brimmed hats even though I'm a Fowler fan. 

Tony, I am the same way. Been playing for 62 years and have always been a bit fussy. Everything must coordinate. Shirts shorts belt shoes socks and cap......everything....and color is cool.

Image1615471880.007758.jpg
Image1615471918.517432.jpg
IMG_0706.JPG
Image1615472033.956965.jpg
IMG_0566.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra Speedzone Extreme (11.5*) w/ Mitsubishi Tense av Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” EVNROLL E6R Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I’ve always matched my clothes, for work, school, dates, golf, it doesn’t matter. I love all of the new patterns on Peter Millar and FJ shirts, I just hate the prices. Ugh. It gets SO hot here in the summer so I don’t usually wear my “good” shirts, I just wear them for work, so I usually buy some plain, deeply discounted shirts and shorts since they get destroyed with sweat. But, I will still match! One thing is guaranteed: NO. WHITE. BELT. I buy the cloth belts and match them to my shorts, and if I’m wearing white shorts, I match the belt to the shirt! White belts... Yuck.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I'm like a few others in the thread, I buy my golf clothes based on whether or not I could wear them to work. I have a few pairs of golf pants that pass muster at the office (well, when we're actually there and not remote, anyways) and all of my shorts are basic solid colors that I can pair with anything. 

Shirts tend to be pretty neutral as well, I've said before I'm cheap so I just stock up at the Ahead factory clearance every December when overruns are marked down to $5 each. 

I really hesitate to put the words "golf" and "fashionable" together based on a lot of outfits I've seen in the past. But as long as I'm comfortable, and whoever I'm playing with is comfortable, that's all that matters in the end to me.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Matching is good!

wmi_08.JPG.193b3d9bb0a4275ef881c5d4d8f1c933.JPG

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

2 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Tony, I am the same way. Been playing for 62 years and have always been a bit fussy. Everything must coordinate. Shirts shorts belt shoes socks and cap......everything....and color is cool.

Image1615471880.007758.jpg
Image1615471918.517432.jpg
IMG_0706.JPG
Image1615472033.956965.jpg
IMG_0566.JPG

Cobra Speedzone Extreme (11.5*) w/ Mitsubishi Tense av Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” EVNROLL E6R Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Foz you need to change your name to @fashionista and BTW we'll be rating your wardrobe 'coordination' next week with our new fashion panel consisting of @revkev, @MattF, and @00sportsman. Although on second thought we may ask @MattF not to vote on your hat, given his head attire in the past😊

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

@fozcycle love the classic look of the Hogan cap and the color.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

Foz you need to change your name to @fashionista and BTW we'll be rating your wardrobe 'coordination' next week with our new fashion panel consisting of @revkev, @MattF, and @00sportsman. Although on second thought we may ask @MattF not to vote on your hat, given his head attire in the past😊

Oi!

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

7 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Tony, you are now my official favourite spy😅

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Tony, you are now my official favourite spy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Personally, I'm pretty uptight about my own golf clothes...I have a closet of UA and Nike, nothing else, and you better believe I don't mix them, always head-to-toe one brand or the other.  The only area where that falls apart is shoes...I have a pair of FootJoys that go with the Nike clothes.  Nike hasn't made a shoe that felt right for me in years.  I pride myself on being a parking lot pro, even if it only takes a hole for my playing partners to figure out the "pro" stops at the parking lot.

As for everyone else, I don't care what they wear I care how they conduct themselves on the course.  Enjoy yourself, but not at the expense of anyone else, and I'll have no problem with you, and overall I'm pleased to see a slow creep to a more relaxed atmosphere in our game overall. 

Lord knows we need it.  Last year at a nice PUBLIC course I had a teenager behind the pro shop desk tell me he couldn't let me out for a twilight 9 because I wasn't wearing a collared shirt.  I was wearing a Nike TW blade collar polo.  I kid you not, I was only able to convince him I was wearing appropriate attire by removing the shirt and showing him "Nike Golf" on the label...the little TW logo on the sleeve wasn't enough for him.  

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

If a course tried to ban jeans around here in the spring and fall they would have a empty course. 

Ping G430 Driver, 19° Hybrid, Ping Anser 23° Hybrid, Mizuno 923 Hot Metal 6-GW, Ping 54°&58° Glides, Scotty Cameron 5.5

26 minutes ago, braincramp said:

If a course tried to ban jeans around here in the spring and fall they would have a empty course. 

Our club requires proper golf attire during the season. But off season no one bothers you about what you wear - kinda tough to tell if you have jeans under the rain suit. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I now have a black belt to coordinate with my black shoes... my wife said the brown looked tacky...small steps 🙂.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

3 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I now have a black belt to coordinate with my black shoes... my wife said the brown looked tacky...small steps 🙂.

Major faux pas - mixing belt and shoe colors. Brown? 😱

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

1 minute ago, tony@CIC said:

Yea, I know right? But not to worry.  Should we ever get an opportunity to meet-up for a round, I'll not embarrass you guys 😆

11 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Yea, I know right? But not to worry.  Should we ever get an opportunity to meet-up for a round, I'll not embarrass you guys 😆

BTW you aren't one of those white socks and sandals guys are you? 🤪

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

4 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

BTW you aren't one of those white socks and sandals guys are you? 🤪

Yea, that would be a BIG FAT NOOoooooo.

On 3/12/2021 at 3:16 PM, Getoffmylawn said:

Personally, I'm pretty uptight about my own golf clothes...I have a closet of UA and Nike, nothing else, and you better believe I don't mix them, always head-to-toe one brand or the other.  The only area where that falls apart is shoes...I have a pair of FootJoys that go with the Nike clothes.  Nike hasn't made a shoe that felt right for me in years.  I pride myself on being a parking lot pro, even if it only takes a hole for my playing partners to figure out the "pro" stops at the parking lot.

As for everyone else, I don't care what they wear I care how they conduct themselves on the course.  Enjoy yourself, but not at the expense of anyone else, and I'll have no problem with you, and overall I'm pleased to see a slow creep to a more relaxed atmosphere in our game overall. 

Lord knows we need it.  Last year at a nice PUBLIC course I had a teenager behind the pro shop desk tell me he couldn't let me out for a twilight 9 because I wasn't wearing a collared shirt.  I was wearing a Nike TW blade collar polo.  I kid you not, I was only able to convince him I was wearing appropriate attire by removing the shirt and showing him "Nike Golf" on the label...the little TW logo on the sleeve wasn't enough for him.  

Well if he was like most of them working behind the counter at the courses here he did not know his a$$ from a hole in the ground. And what is so bad here is most of them are going to or have graduated from a "Professional Golf Management School"

G

17 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

OHHHH I am in trouble now--- I wear a real leather brown belt and what ever shoes I decide to wear which can be anything from Golf shoes to high topped Chucky Taylors or even Sketchers. What ever shoes I decide to wear that day. Now I will admit if playing early in the Dew or wet conditions the Chuckys and Sketchers are out. But trust me if I play at an upscale club with a dress code I will NOT embarass you. The only thing that may rile some folks I do wear Pink shoe laces in a couple of pairs of golf shoes. They are laces I bought from the American Cancer Society--- I lost a Son to cancer 20 years ago. I also sometimes wear a pink visor for the same reason--- I did catch some local flack around here until I gave the growl and death stare to some members at my old club and explained why. Even the owners kids at the bag drop at my new course know and I did not have to tell them somehow they had heard.

G