Has Golf Attire Become Haute Couture, Or Have We Always Been Fashionable?

On 3/12/2021 at 3:16 PM, Getoffmylawn said:

Personally, I'm pretty uptight about my own golf clothes...I have a closet of UA and Nike, nothing else, and you better believe I don't mix them, always head-to-toe one brand or the other.  The only area where that falls apart is shoes...I have a pair of FootJoys that go with the Nike clothes.  Nike hasn't made a shoe that felt right for me in years.  I pride myself on being a parking lot pro, even if it only takes a hole for my playing partners to figure out the "pro" stops at the parking lot.

As for everyone else, I don't care what they wear I care how they conduct themselves on the course.  Enjoy yourself, but not at the expense of anyone else, and I'll have no problem with you, and overall I'm pleased to see a slow creep to a more relaxed atmosphere in our game overall. 

Lord knows we need it.  Last year at a nice PUBLIC course I had a teenager behind the pro shop desk tell me he couldn't let me out for a twilight 9 because I wasn't wearing a collared shirt.  I was wearing a Nike TW blade collar polo.  I kid you not, I was only able to convince him I was wearing appropriate attire by removing the shirt and showing him "Nike Golf" on the label...the little TW logo on the sleeve wasn't enough for him.  

Well if he was like most of them working behind the counter at the courses here he did not know his a$$ from a hole in the ground. And what is so bad here is most of them are going to or have graduated from a "Professional Golf Management School"

• Like 1

Driver ---- TM M-6 Evenflow 65 G R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex---  Irons 5 thru PW 2016 TM TP CBs Steelfiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy2 52* Stock regular shaft--- SW Callaway Mack Daddy PM grind modified to 10* bounce KBS wedge shaft R---- Putter Scotty Sante Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft you seriously think it was going anywhere? Bag Old School Burton Mini Staff non demontional no advertising

17 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Major faux pas - mixing belt and shoe colors. Brown? 😱

OHHHH I am in trouble now--- I wear a real leather brown belt and what ever shoes I decide to wear which can be anything from Golf shoes to high topped Chucky Taylors or even Sketchers. What ever shoes I decide to wear that day. Now I will admit if playing early in the Dew or wet conditions the Chuckys and Sketchers are out. But trust me if I play at an upscale club with a dress code I will NOT embarass you. The only thing that may rile some folks I do wear Pink shoe laces in a couple of pairs of golf shoes. They are laces I bought from the American Cancer Society--- I lost a Son to cancer 20 years ago. I also sometimes wear a pink visor for the same reason--- I did catch some local flack around here until I gave the growl and death stare to some members at my old club and explained why. Even the owners kids at the bag drop at my new course know and I did not have to tell them somehow they had heard.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Driver ---- TM M-6 Evenflow 65 G R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex---  Irons 5 thru PW 2016 TM TP CBs Steelfiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy2 52* Stock regular shaft--- SW Callaway Mack Daddy PM grind modified to 10* bounce KBS wedge shaft R---- Putter Scotty Sante Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft you seriously think it was going anywhere? Bag Old School Burton Mini Staff non demontional no advertising

My clubs annual St Patrick’s Day Scramble....we call it the Mulligans Cup as our pub is Mulligans....

Image1615757751.435650.jpg

Image1615757781.734052.jpg

All of the carts were used as we had 54 2-person teams. A Sellout!

Using a Cobra F8 with MItsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Cobra King F8 4W & 6W w/Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Cobra F8 19* Hybrid w/Recoil 460 shaft, Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7 w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland Zipcore 50*, 54* & 58* wedges & EVNROLL E-6R putter.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*), 5-6W(20*) both w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft and Patriot 7W w/AccuLaunch 60 by Accuflex

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

12 hours ago, fozcycle said:

My clubs annual St Patrick’s Day Scramble....we call it the Mulligans Cup as our pub is Mulligans....

Image1615757751.435650.jpg

Image1615757781.734052.jpg

All of the carts were used as we had 54 2-person teams. A Sellout!

Using a Cobra F8 with MItsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Cobra King F8 4W & 6W w/Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Cobra F8 19* Hybrid w/Recoil 460 shaft, Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7 w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland Zipcore 50*, 54* & 58* wedges & EVNROLL E-6R putter.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

LOL Used to be a pub right behind my house named Mulligans. Now it is called something else but still a Irish Theme. Our Saturday shootout was a sell out. In fact a couple of members that live on the course used their personal carts due to cart shortage. Note those carts had like stock tires on them not the ones with the big gripper tires. And yeah Fozzie you are looking sharp there

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I find guys who wear golf attire all the time amusing. For me golf attire is strictly for golf. But then, I am no country club player. If I was, maybe I'd change my tune.

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen1 0811X 12° driver w/Project X Evenflow Blue 55g shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft

:srixon-small: Z355 22° 7 wood w/Miyazaki Jinsoku shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 19° 3 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 22° 4 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft

:tour-edge: HL E521 25° 5 hybrid w/Fubuki HD55 shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg Sti2 6 iron w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 Tour+ irons 7-PW w/UST Competition Series graphite shafts

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50° wedge

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg M-Series+ 56° wedge w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft
:cleveland-small:  Huntington Beach Soft Premier 10.5