Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

When is it time for graphite iron shafts?

Middler

I’m 66 and still playing stiff shafts, my swing speed is low/mid 90’s with driver and low/mid 80’s with mid irons - so kinda between stiff and regular from what I’m told. But I’m starting to feel it in my wrists and elbows, its hard for me to play two days in a row any more, without a recovery day. Of course with no grass, I’m hitting from very tight lies and mud a lot in winter - that can’t help with my old joints. [I can’t wait to hit off grass again] 

Would graphite iron shafts make a night and day difference? I wouldn’t want to make a change for a subtle improvement. Thought I’d ask people who’ve made the transition already...

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

I switched to graphite the end of last year due to pain in my fingers and some golfers elbow. I knew graphite shafts were getting better based on seeing and trying the shafts that MGS Harry and Phillip have in their irons. I’d say I have less than a dozen or so rounds with the clubs and the pains are better and I have seen no loss in performance.

Although they are more costly I think graphite iron shaft can be better performers than steel and they are available in all weight categories

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

There’s really no right or wrong time to switch. There are young kids playing graphite these days. But going to them sooner than later will benefit your joints.

Due to the technology available today each of the brands offering graphite have lots of options to make them perform as good or better than steel and they can manipulate the profile a lot more so that even lightweight shafts can be stable and if need be even stiffer than steel.

Many times they will swingweight out the same or even slightly heavier.

I switched to graphite in 2016 for a season then again last year in a set. I may end up at some point reshafting my pxg to graphite 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Switched to graphite maybe 4 years ago and immediately noticed a difference. Went back to steel for a bit and then tennis elbow hit, and it hit HARD. Right back to graphite again and I really don't see myself switching back to steel save for a few exceptions. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I am in my early 30s and switched to graphite this offseason. Thanks to our wonderful Michigan winters, I hit off mats at the heated range from November to March. Last winter I dealt with a lot of pain in my right shoulder, and this winter my elbows and wrists started to ache after range sessions before I made the switch.

I don't miss my steel shafts at all. I picked up a few more MPH in club speed, my wrists and elbows don't ache after a range session, and (in my case) the Mitsubishi MMTs look really sharp in the bag. Anecdotally, my dispersion seems to have improved some as well.

There are a ton of graphite options out there now, in various weights, prices and bend profiles. As @cnosil said, price can be a detractor, but I felt like the reduced pain was well worth it. The MMTs set me back $750 to do 4-AW and both numbered wedges, but they are worth every penny I paid for them. I enjoy the profile so much that I've put the MMT hybrid shaft in both of my hybrids and built a Cobra driving iron with the MMT Utility shaft.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

I am planning to make the switch for the next set of irons i purchase when i have a chance to get fitted. Hopefully that will not be for a while, i dont need to purchase another set of irons.

The one thing I will miss is from a club building perspective, just have to be more careful with graphite shafts. Can't just heat it super hot with a torch and twist the heads off. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

I know absolutely nothing about this subject and question you ask... but will provide some real time feedback soon 🙂.  PM sent

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

made the switch at end of 2019 back to steel from catalyst 100g to PX IO 6.0 110g and just got fit back into graphite again last week. Going MMT 95s. Body just feels better after round of golf with the graphite in the bag as well I personally dont feel like I have to swing harder to get the type of launch and window I prefer. Good luck with the switch but I have a feeling you might just enjoy your time on the course a little more once you switch.

@Middler, you and I are similar in age and have very similar driver SS.  Of course there are tons of other variables but I've been in graphite in my irons for at least 10 years.  A lot of shots hit off of frozen turf up North has left me with a bad back and arthritic fingers, although there are ways to mitigate some of the sting of steal the graphite is much easier on the body.  

I remember going to a driver fitting at the Tour Performance Center at TPC Sawgrass.  My fitter had fit tons of big time players, Garcia, Furyk, Vijay, guys like that, his prediction then was that about 30 percent of the guys on tour would be gaming graphite in their irons in a decade - that was a little more than 10 years ago - I don't know that his prediction came true but there are certainly enough young tour players gaming graphite that you can see where it's doable for anyone.

Good luck

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

IMHO the only reasons not to switch are cost and stigma.

Graphite is a superior technology, for all ages, for all swing speeds. If you trust a graphite shaft in your driver with higher swing speed and more load, why wouldn't you trust one in your 7i?

But cost and stigma are real, even on tour where cost isn't an issue the stigma keeps them out of bags. But from a performance stand point, I don't know of any argument to play steel over graphite. 

Also +1 to joint pain relief. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

I've used thrm in the pastbehen i got pain from hitting off mats. They helped a lot. I also built a set of irons this winter on some aftermarket heads I had. They wete forged so I had them bent to my specs (3 degrees upright), tipped the tegular shafts .75 inches and added 1 inch to the clubs.

They were so perfect, I had my regular irons rebent to the same. Very satisfied with both. I alternate the sets with no loss of performance.

Handicap down more than a stroke in 2 months and highest score has been 84 (I'm 11.7 cap).

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I very much appreciate the insights I’ve gotten here, thank you all. Now how to proceed, first I have to convince the warden I really need this...

• Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

4 hours ago, Thin2win said:

But cost and stigma are real, even on tour where cost isn't an issue the stigma keeps them out of bags.

I don’t think it’s stigma on tour. When it comes to iron play these guys have homes their game with a certain shaft and head style. They have windows they want the ball to be in and the know how far they hit club with different swings and speeds. To switch to graphite it would change their feels and for some there will be some impact to the windows.  Some won’t even switch to new iron models or wedge models and just get new heads of their current because they want to keep everything as is. Tommy fleetwood was buying Nike clubs to have backup sets

Kuchar tried graphite then went back to steel. Snedeker is still using graphite.

15 minutes ago, Middler said:

I very much appreciate the insights I’ve gotten here, thank you all. Now how to proceed, first I have to convince the warden I really need this...

Are you looking to reshaft your current set or to buy new with graphite in them?

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

1 hour ago, Middler said:

Just tell her that if you don't, you'll be home more often nursing aches and pains, and being more of a nuisance than usual... worked for me... your welcome.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

I guess I am the outlier for the steel to graphite switch.  I went from steel to graphite when i upgraded to new iron heads many years ago and developed extreme elbow pain, so bad I couldn't take a divot without lingering pain.  It killed my game, I tried changing to being a sweeper because I'd be flinching at impact waiting for the shot of pain.  It didn't work and I pretty much quit playing for a couple years only going out for scramble fund raisers.  Even with the layoff I'd still have the pain if i took a divot.  For some reason I got out the old set one time with steel shafts and had zero pain when taking divots.  I changed out the graphites for steel with sensi core in those same iron heads and never had a problem since.  I hit a lot of mat shots and still no pain in the elbow. 

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

What a timely topic 🙂. I recently switched to PX LS 6.0s in my irons and have TI S400s in my wedges, but I'm considering switching to graphite eventually. With so many graphite iron shaft options I think there's something for everyone, and to echo many others I think the 'right' time to switch is when you're ready to make the move! I'm most intrigued by MCA MMTs and the ACCRA iSeries. It'll be interesting to see if PX gets into the graphite iron shaft game as well!

:ping-small: G430 Max 9º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:mizuno-small: Pro 243 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour
:callaway-logo-1: Chrome Tour

8 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

IAre you looking to reshaft your current set or to buy new with graphite in them?

I’m happy with my Miz heads so I’ll check into reshafting vs new irons/shafts. What I do will depend on what the difference in cost is...

7 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Just tell her that if you don't, you'll be home more often nursing aches and pains, and being more of a nuisance than usual... worked for me... your welcome.

That’s the plan. In all fairness she’s more than understanding, and it’ll probably cost me a paddleboard for her...

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

5 minutes ago, Middler said:

I’m happy with my Miz heads so I’ll check into reshafting vs new irons/shafts. What I do will depend on what the difference in cost is...

That’s the plan. In all fairness she’s more than understanding, and it’ll probably cost me a paddleboard for her...

When I had 4-p and 3 wedges reshafted it cost me about $250 and I provided the grips so another $100 for those. That included pulling the shafts from the irons.

The cost of the shafts will vary depending on which brand you go with. Recoils are $40/shaft iirc from golfworks. Steelfiber is about the same. The mmt ones run higher. 

11 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

When I had 4-p and 3 wedges reshafted it cost me about $250 and I provided the grips so another $100 for those. That included pulling the shafts from the irons.

The cost of the shafts will vary depending on which brand you go with. Recoils are $40/shaft iirc from golfworks. Steelfiber is about the same. The mmt ones run higher. 

The MMT offerings are interesting, particularly the wedges. Only one S option and two TX? Weird. And then the jump from 113 to 125 in S on the MMT Tapers. Just seems odd. 

:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4

1 hour ago, mr.hicksta said:

It'll be interesting to see if PX gets into the graphite iron shaft game as well!

Project X is in the game.  They have 2 graphite shafts;  the Catalyst is the line offering the heavier weights. 

42 minutes ago, mr.hicksta said:

The MMT offerings are interesting, particularly the wedges. Only one S option and two TX? Weird. And then the jump from 113 to 125 in S on the MMT Tapers. Just seems odd. 

I haven't dived down into their offerings but had an opportunity to hit the MMT shafts and they are really good.

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Yeah they mmt are an intriguing option and how they designate flex and their weights have me puzzled on what I would consider going with if I went blind buy. You know I’m kinda partial to UST recoils which is what I have in my miuras so will always be hard to move away from them but I do see a run of some kind with mmt. Will be something I look at testing during demo days this year

I would say the TX is just a designation, they are probably similar to an X in other shafts. My opinion, of course.

I chose the 105 TX based on being fit for 110-115 gram shafts in the past. Seems to be working out OK so far.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

5 hours ago, cnosil said:

Project X is in the game.  They have 2 graphite shafts;  the Catalyst is the line offering the heavier weights. 

I haven't dived down into their offerings but had an opportunity to hit the MMT shafts and they are really good.

Ahh right, totally overlooked Catalyst! Just took a gander and I think something a little heavier would suit me.

5 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Yeah they mmt are an intriguing option and how they designate flex and their weights have me puzzled on what I would consider going with if I went blind buy. You know I’m kinda partial to UST recoils which is what I have in my miuras so will always be hard to move away from them but I do see a run of some kind with mmt. Will be something I look at testing during demo days this year

So chatting with my guy who builds a lot of my stuff, he just suggested putting the 125 S PW shaft in all the wedges, which makes sense to me. But the spec sheets are really laid out in a strange fashion!

4 hours ago, edingc said:

I would say the TX is just a designation, they are probably similar to an X in other shafts. My opinion, of course.

I chose the 105 TX based on being fit for 110-115 gram shafts in the past. Seems to be working out OK so far.

Interesting. My PX LS 6.0s are 120g and the TI S400s are 132g so I’d be splitting the difference at 124g. 

Ultimately if it’s easier on the joints and performs the same I’ll be a happy golfer!

I was fitted into a set of Accra graphite iron shafts in December and I’m 50 and still swing my driver at 115 mph. I switched because I hit a lot of range balls and was starting to get joint pain in my shoulder, arms and hands (mainly fingers). We hit off the mats a lot at my club (don’t ask me, they can’t seem to keep grass alive on the range).

If you are properly fit into them.....I don’t think you’ll regret it. Today’s graphite shafts are way better and different than they were 10-20 years ago. Just take a look at the LPGA tour (probably the closest comparison to male amateur golfers in terms of swing speeds, etc)....there’s a LOT of ladies playing graphite iron shafts. They wouldn’t be playing them if steel was “always” better.

I love mine.....my dispersion and distance (meaning I hit them the actual yardage intended more often) have improved. Can’t beat the feeling when you flush one!

:titleist-small: TSR2 - Ventus Red, 6X

:titleist-small: TSR2 3W - Ventus Red, 7X

:titleist-small: TSR2 5W - Ventus Red TR, 8X

:mizuno-small: JPX 223 Tour PW-7i/JPX 223 Forged 6i-4i - Nippon Modus 130X

:taylormade-small: MG3 - 50, 54, 58* -  Nippon Modus 130X

:scotty-small: Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura X5 

:titleist-small: Titleist Prov1

I was fitted into Recoils for my Wilson D7 Forged irons and I love them.  Another vote for graphite here.  They're much easier on my back and left wrist.  I only wish I'd changed sooner.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Graphite MMT 70 in Gen4 XP’s

ooops, wrong thread..kinda 😉

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

13 hours ago, Middler said:

Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission?  

Re-shafted a 3 iron with graphite once, got it used off ebay, could definitely swing it faster it was like 85 grams.   A used set of graphite shafts might be easier to get approval for.

Edited by SlowNLow

In all fairness I talked with the warden last night and she went silent for a few seconds (uh-oh) and then said “you play 3 times a week, if you need them you should get them.” I’m still pretty sure she’ll be looking at paddleboards in a few days knowing I can’t say anything, but all’s fair...

Funny coincidence, yesterday I played with a guy who had PXG 0311XP’s with MMT 60 iron shafts (full set, new bag, new Odyssey putter, etc.). He didn’t know it, I had to show him he had MMT’s (he’s a guy with with more money than knowledge), but he really liked them. I asked him about joint pain and he said they we great. At any rate I don’t doubt graphite could reduce pain and extend my “playing career.”

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

10 hours ago, mr.hicksta said:

Ahh right, totally overlooked Catalyst! Just took a gander and I think something a little heavier would suit me.

I love the 80's I got in the Wilsons, more than the Recoils I had in the Bridgestones.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Graphite MMT 70 in Gen4 XP’s
ooops, wrong thread..kinda

I’ve been hitting the gen 4s with steel fiber; guess those are available this year and it is a great feeling combo.