TESTERS WANTED! ×

When is it time for graphite iron shafts?

Middler

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Always tough decisions.  Are you going to keep your old irons if you buy a new set or are you willing to reshaft a single club with graphite just to try them out?  If you really like the more expensive shafts,  I would go that route.  What shafts are you considering?

I am definitely considering reshafting one club to see how it plays. I don’t know much about graphite shaft options yet but I’ve heard good things about MMT’s and I know Recoils are a common choice **. I am leaning toward reshafting as if I bought new I’d probably just get a newer version of what I have - and I hit them and didn’t see any difference, if anything a mildly harsher feel.

** I’m playing the XP95 S300’s I was fitted for now. I’d probably go with Regular flex and about the same weights.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

1 hour ago, Middler said:

I am definitely considering reshafting one club to see how it plays. I don’t know much about graphite shaft options yet but I’ve heard good things about MMT’s and I know Recoils are a common choice **. I am leaning toward reshafting as if I bought new I’d probably just get a newer version of what I have - and I hit them and didn’t see any difference, if anything a mildly harsher feel.

** I’m playing the XP95 S300’s I was fitted for now. I’d probably go with Regular flex and about the same weights.

There are lots of options with graphite.    The guys at MGS headquarters are playing Fujikura Pros;  I hit Phillip's and they were solids shafts.   I have been hitting some clubs with SteelFiber and I like them too.   Just so many options now as each manufacturer seems to have at least one model. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, Middler said:

The recoils have been the market leader for awhile. They have various weight and flexes and just came out with a new improved version with the recoil dart. MMT are getting lots of hype especially with some tour use kinda validating them. The steelfibers have been around for awhile...they play a little harsh/boardy for some compared to recoil. KBS TGI had some good reviews when they came out.

Depending on where you get your full set reshafted the price of new shafts, grips and the club work could put the cost close to buying new with graphite in them. Going new the upcharge fee would be less than buying the shafts outright. Recoils are usually about $25 upcharge.

I like to use TGW as a gauge for costs of new with certain shafts

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

22 hours ago, Middler said:

Great Idea. I was in the market for new irons so I went to PGA SS for an iron fitting. I picked up a few MPH with graphic. Then I went to the Sub70 website and ordered a few demo clubs in graphite. After bringing them to the course and range, I was hooked. I am 47 years old, but had shoulder surgery last year. I wish I made the switch sooner.

Some good shaft options include the Aldila NV and the Recoil. I went with the Sub70 irons which saved me about $800.

ping.png.7c5862342023c35b77c4616604806e90.png - Driver: 425LST w / KBS TD60 X-Stiff

callaway-golf-logo-4603BD0EB6-seeklogo_com.png.95cd038f8e27b84c978a567dbe7027d3.png- 3-Wood: Callaway Rogue

Screenshot2024-03-24at9_19_26PM.png.0e838ce6cbc9de2df6485dcfda986883.png - Mkii ZX5 irons - 5-pw True Temper Dynamic Golf Tour Issue

596048109_ScreenShot2021-02-28at3_28_30PM.png.6dfa8b67ed327055667700b4ef19afd1.png - Hybrid - 939X: with Proforce V2 Stiff

1884238425_Titleistlogo.png.90c97c2fbcb19171e8ef7dc60bee0fc4.png - SM7 50* & 56*

Screenshot2024-03-24at9_26_28PM.png.6ca0d107c42a18066bd1852fc547613b.png - ER10 Mallet

vicegolf_logo.png.26dae2f1802c046450d6ce62d44baf39.png - Pro Plus

MCA MMT 125 S for my Z785 4-PW and RTX ZipCore 50, 54 and 60.....incoming!

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

13 hours ago, ACA_619 said:

how am I just seeing this??? My set is being built up soon as well but only in irons and UTs. I'm surprised to see them in wedges for you.

Nice! The MMT wedge shaft only comes in TX for some reason and talking to my builder, he said the PW shaft would be fine in the ZipCores so I've got them all the way through. I'm excited to make the switch!

3 hours ago, mr.hicksta said:

Nice! The MMT wedge shaft only comes in TX for some reason and talking to my builder, he said the PW shaft would be fine in the ZipCores so I've got them all the way through. I'm excited to make the switch!

I had Catalyst in my previous wedges and it just wouldn't work out for me but given you're going with heavier weight, it should be a seamless transition for you. Guess time will tell but it will be fun testing them out on the course.

29 minutes ago, ACA_619 said:

I had Catalyst in my previous wedges and it just wouldn't work out for me but given you're going with heavier weight, it should be a seamless transition for you. Guess time will tell but it will be fun testing them out on the course.

Yeah my PX LS 6.0s are 120g and the TI S400s are 130 so going to 124g from 4 to 60* won't be an issue. Will be fun to see how they perform! 

• 1 month later...

I’m 48 and switched to graphite irons about 3 years ago. I play the Mitsubishi AV AM2 Red stiff shafts. I love them. Get fitted for your swing. I also love that they don’t get rust spots if I forget to clean them after a damp round!

917D Driver

917F 3W

TS2 hybrid 19&21 degrees

T300 5i - PW

Cleavland 50, 56, 60 Wedges

Scotty fastback 1.5

Snell MTB-X or Pro V1

Turned 48 and decided to switch this season. Got lazy during COVID and figured I should go from xstiff to stiff shafts at the same time. Long story short, the graphite is a much softer feel....but I somehow got stronger sitting around so still need xstiff clubs and put my old set back in the bag. Selling the mint set of Tour Edge Iron Wood forged irons I got 5-PW with Hzrdus Black shafts. Can post pictures for anyone interested. Will be in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum soon along with an M1 driver and Tour Edge CBX 3 15° 3w.

Short game savant, driving disaster...

Turned 48 and decided to switch this season. Got lazy during COVID and figured I should go from xstiff to stiff shafts at the same time. Long story short, the graphite is a much softer feel....but I somehow got stronger sitting around so still need xstiff clubs and put my old set back in the bag.

So it was self diagnosis to drop flex? How did you determine what shafts to use? You can have “softer feel” steel shafts. I’ve hit graphite shafts that felt like rebar. Sounds like you are knocking graphite shafts but doesn’t sound like you got the right shafts.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

30 minutes ago, FmrCaddie13 said:

Turned 48 and decided to switch this season. Got lazy during COVID and figured I should go from xstiff to stiff shafts at the same time. Long story short, the graphite is a much softer feel....but I somehow got stronger sitting around so still need xstiff clubs and put my old set back in the bag. Selling the mint set of Tour Edge Iron Wood forged irons I got 5-PW with Hzrdus Black shafts. Can post pictures for anyone interested. Will be in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum soon along with an M1 driver and Tour Edge CBX 3 15° 3w.

Flex means very little outside of the manufacturer putting that label on the shaft. The shaft profile and weight have a bigger role in the feel. Also in the case of recoils with smacwrap they are going to feel slightly different from the same shaft without. 

what graphite shafts did you choose and what criteria did you use to make your selection?

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

So it was self diagnosis to drop flex? How did you determine what shafts to use? You can have “softer feel” steel shafts. I’ve hit graphite shafts that felt like rebar. Sounds like you are knocking graphite shafts but doesn’t sound like you got the right shafts.

Exactly. Give a set of steelfiber 110 in x flex and even some tour pros will tell you it’s too stiff. Snedeker dropped to 95 stiff in them.

Recoil proto vs non proto in same weight and flex are going to play differently because of the design 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

50 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Not knocking graphite shafts at all.  I have played xstiff for a long time and decided to move to a stiff graphite. Have played Hzrdus in my driver and 3w for several years with success. The change to stiff resulted in a strong draw for me and I am a straight/fade iron player. Sticking with xstiff for now but would happily switch to graphite if I find the right set.  I always self fit based on lengthly playing, caddie and pro shop experience.  The drop in flex was due to no gym work for 12 months. Orange Whip and MISIG training was apparently sufficient. Enough so I moved from a stiff Hzrdus Yellow in my 3w to an xstiff Paderson Ballistic TP shaft.

54 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Flex means very little outside of the manufacturer putting that label on the shaft. The shaft profile and weight have a bigger role in the feel. Also in the case of recoils with smacwrap they are going to feel slightly different from the same shaft without. 

what graphite shafts did you choose and what criteria did you use to make your selection?

Exactly. Give a set of steelfiber 110 in x flex and even some tour pros will tell you it’s too stiff. Snedeker dropped to 95 stiff in them.

Recoil proto vs non proto in same weight and flex are going to play differently because of the design 

I have played KBS TOUR X for a while. No complaints.  Decided to try something new. Went with HZRDUS Black based on ball flight profile. Shaft performs fine based on height. Shot shape is now a strong draw though so need firmer flex. 

I am now 50, currently play Apex 4 shafts and love them but I have a chronic back issue that came up in 2020. I am seriously thinking of moving to graphite R Recoils in a set of Maltby TE Forged heads while reducing my swing. I could certainly have my current irons reshafted, too. Love the club so don't really need another. 

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ UST Proforce V2 Black

Golfsmith Jet Stream 3W UST Proforce V2

:titelist-small: 915 H3 Diamana Red

:titelist-small: 915 H4 Diamana Red

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber

:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach 11S

:titelist-small: Pro V1

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

• 2 weeks later...

For the past 4-5 years I've been playing Steelfiber 95g shafts and really like them.  I was a little opposed to going with graphite shafts until I got fitted and spent some time playing them and saw the benefits.  When I put my ZX7 irons in the bag recently I decided to try the Modus 120 shafts in them.  Really like the Modus line a lot.  So far, so good.  However, me and a buddy were chatting on the driving range the other day.  He plays PX 6.0 shafts and has for years.  He says that he's thinking of going with something lighter because when he comes out of the off season it takes him a while to get used to the weight of those PX shafts again.  I'm lucky enough to play almost year round but I play less rounds during the winter and I also noticed the weight on those Modus 120 shafts for a while.  Got me thinking about switching back to a Steelfiber shaft again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2021 at 9:08 AM, FmrCaddie13 said:

Send photos of the irons please...

:taylormade-small: Driver SLDR

:cleveland-small: 3 Wood

:taylormade-small: Hybrids 3,4,5

:titelist-small: Irons 6 to GW

:ping-small: SW

PXG LW

:odyssey-small: 2ball putter

Adding an update to this thread....

In the last couple days, I've finished a reshaft project for my MP37 set.  Finally, LOL.  I went with Recoil Proto 125 shafts, in stiff flex.  And, went with GripMaster Roo grips, not just on the irons, but throughout the whole bag, except for the putter.

Even put together a new shaft for my 3w (RIP Beta 90).  

I guess we'll see what we get, right?  🙂

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

More update....

I now have 63 holes in with my new Recoil Proto 125 set up.  I'm getting improved lateral dispersion over the DG shafts.  The shafts stand up to my moments of caffeinated rhinoceros tempo, maybe a bit better than the DG shafts they replaced.  Trajectory has bumped up slightly, which isn't a bad thing as I'm not the satellite-endangering player I once was, but the spin does not appear to have increase.  I'm able to vary the trajectory, such as a 7 hdcp can vary trajectory, LOL.

I'm noticing a distinct difference between these and the NV105 that are my other graphite shafted iron set.  The Recoil Protos play a bit stiffer, some of which is undoubtedly due to the swingweight adjustment (+8g to the clubheads) I've made to compensate for the lighter weight of the NV set.  The biggest thing I notice is the static weight.  I've always been a heavier-is-better player when it comes to shafts, that hasn't yet diminished as I move into the late 50s.

The odd thing I've noticed is the change in feel.  It's not the same muting I was expecting, based on my NV shaft experience.  I haven't figured out how best to describe it.  It's different than the NV or the RIP Tour 115 iron shafts I've hit.  It's not bad, just different.

I don't really have access to launch monitor, so I won't have actual launch comparison data, I'm sorry to say.

And, the best part....   no wrist or elbow issues.  😊  I'd had a round a couple weeks ago, where I took my Super Peening Blue set out for a spin, a Last Ride of sorts.  Halfway through the round, my wrist was aching to the point I actually switched irons at the turn, to the NV set I happened to still have in the car (thankfully), and saw my wrist ache disappear halfway through the back nine.  It was the moment that gave me the push to get off my backside and reshaft my irons.  

For those who like scoring as the bottom line measure....   my three rounds with the Recoil Proto set, 80, 77, & 78, with portions of each round spent fighting the onset of a Roberto Duran level of short game feel.

TLDR version - Recoil Proto reshaft, very good.  Graphite, very good.  🙂

Edited by NRJyzr

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

I started this thread, and after more than two months with graphite iron shafts (from steel) I can say my wrist and elbow pain has diminished. My wrists were sore after every round, simply not so anymore. I’m still battling some elbow pain but it's reduced and hopefully it'll go away in time. So I’m glad I switched from steel to graphite somewhat proactively with age…

• Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

On 5/25/2021 at 8:26 AM, Middler said:

I started this thread, and after more than two months with graphite iron shafts (from steel) I can say my wrist and elbow pain has diminished. My wrists were sore after every round, simply not so anymore. I’m still battling some elbow pain but it's reduced and hopefully it'll go away in time. So I’m glad I switched from steel to graphite somewhat proactively with age…

I'm so liking this post! Great to hear they are providing the reduced wear n' tear so many others say they do. How are they performing with respect to CHS, ball flight, and accuracy?  The MMT80's my fittings identified offered improvements in all of these categories as compared to steel.  Better performance with less joint pain - pinch me.

I'm now just waiting for my (replacement) order to arrive.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I'm so liking this post! Great to hear they are providing the reduced wear n' tear so many others say they do. How are they performing with respect to CHS, ball flight, and accuracy?  The MMT80's my fittings identified offered improvements in all of these categories as compared to steel.  Better performance with less joint pain - pinch me.

I'm now just waiting for my (replacement) order to arrive.

No difference in trajectory or distance (If anything a touch longer). Accuracy unknown as my swing probably generates way more standard deviation than any shaft change. I’m well satisfied with my Recoil 95’s. I’d have bought MMT’s if not for the (fixable I know) hosel “issue.”

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

I am 34 and will consider the heavier versions of MMTs, Recoils, & Steelfibers in my next set of irons (to the extent that each is available with the fitter & doesn't require a super pricey custom build). Don't see any reason not to performance-wise, and it can only help to prevent joint aches/pains in the future.

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

On 3/9/2021 at 1:11 PM, edingc said:

I am in my early 30s and switched to graphite this offseason. Thanks to our wonderful Michigan winters, I hit off mats at the heated range from November to March. Last winter I dealt with a lot of pain in my right shoulder, and this winter my elbows and wrists started to ache after range sessions before I made the switch.

I don't miss my steel shafts at all. I picked up a few more MPH in club speed, my wrists and elbows don't ache after a range session, and (in my case) the Mitsubishi MMTs look really sharp in the bag. Anecdotally, my dispersion seems to have improved some as well.

There are a ton of graphite options out there now, in various weights, prices and bend profiles. As @cnosil said, price can be a detractor, but I felt like the reduced pain was well worth it. The MMTs set me back $750 to do 4-AW and both numbered wedges, but they are worth every penny I paid for them. I enjoy the profile so much that I've put the MMT hybrid shaft in both of my hybrids and built a Cobra driving iron with the MMT Utility shaft.

Have you hit the KuroKage black 2nd gen for comparison? I use them now, they were really inexpensive but performed much better than the recoils and the excaliber (red) shafts. I was curious about the mmt's but haven't seen them anywhere up here to try them.

Driver Titleist 910 with KuroKage R or Cleveland Classic

3 wd Titleist 910 with Diamana

7 wd Snake eyes with Irod

23 and 28 Adams Idea Pro Gold Hybrids with nv protos

Irons either Adams Idea Pro Gold chrome or smoke, or wishon 555 with KK 70

TM wedges

Putters - Snake eyes (4), Cleveland (8), Cameron (6), or others.

2 minutes ago, Tyler Webb said:

Have you hit the KuroKage black 2nd gen for comparison? I use them now, they were really inexpensive but performed much better than the recoils and the excaliber (red) shafts. I was curious about the mmt's but haven't seen them anywhere up here to try them.

I have not. I wanted to go with something that was similar in weight to my steel shafts, and the taper tip MMTs are in the 110-115 gram range that I was shooting for.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Also, for what my opinion is worth, I don't think I'll be going back to steel anytime soon. I have hit thousands of range balls this year, played quite a few rounds considering it's late May, and my joints feel great. If anything, the MMTs are more accurate than steel was for me, and they feel spectacular. I've made good use of the dampening abilities on a few clankers already, too...

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

5 hours ago, edingc said:

Also, for what my opinion is worth, I don't think I'll be going back to steel anytime soon. I have hit thousands of range balls this year, played quite a few rounds considering it's late May, and my joints feel great. If anything, the MMTs are more accurate than steel was for me, and they feel spectacular. I've made good use of the dampening abilities on a few clankers already, too...

My left shoulder is so loving these reports.  Now just waiting for the replacement order of ZX5's/MMT 80's to arrive... it's been quite the saga 😐.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)