1 minute ago, Shankster said:

Well, ladies and gentlemen...

Today I went to the range full of excitement to hit a gold ball, but it was such a mess that I didn’t even make it thought the bucket of balls.  My love for playing the game has been fading over the past few years... So, I think it is time for the sticks to collect dust in the shed for a while.

Not sure what I am going to do, but I don’t see myself getting any enjoyment out of hacking my way around a course... 

I have enjoyed all of my time here, and would gladly dust them off to play a round with anyone on here, but I will be limiting my cameos on here probably for the time being while focusing on finishing my undergrad, then onward to the graduate degree.

I am still on Twitter and Instagram.

Take care, and much love.

- Alan

Sorry to hear this man. I hope at some point something sparks for you to enjoy the game again.

until then enjoy studying and pushing through those degrees if you’re ever in the area and have the inking to play you know where to find me

As a fellow sea goer, fair winds and following seas

• Like 6

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Best of luck in your new found "whatever it may be"!!!   

• Like 6

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818H2 Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 8X

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

Well, this is a shock!  I was hoping that you would figure out this game and tell me, so I can fix my issues.  Anyway, I completely understand when other needs and interests come up... something has to give.  Best of luck in your academic pursuits.

After reading about all your trials, I would only ask that if you get the itch to play again, see a pro for a swing evaluation first.  You should start with a plan, and the pro can help you faster than you can get there by yourself.  Learned from experience.

• Like 9

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Alan, you’ll be missed but I hope you enjoy the time with your family and focus on what you need to. You are always a pleasure to talk to on here and always will be. I still have not found that chess book I told you about years ago and I’ve been looking.

• Like 5

Throw me squarely in the shocked bucket 😱... both bummed and happy at the same time if that makes any sense.  Bummed not having you active on the forum, but happy that you're focusing on what you find most important (and that you're not stating you're giving up the game 👍).  Hopefully the itch comes back sooner than later.  All the best with the educational pursuits!  Be well Alan and please check in once and awhile.

• Like 5

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

Like many pastimes, interest ebbs and flows, I know my interest does. But I play for three reasons, golf itself, being outdoors and the camaraderie of my regular golf buds. Even when my game deserts me, the other 2 features keep me coming back - along with the occasionally surprisingly good shots even in a bad round. Hope you come back OP, but taking a break may be just the ticket. I know when I lived up north, being forced off the golf course in Winter made me all the more anxious to restart in Spring.

• Like 5
  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° & 3W
  • Mizuno CLK 3H 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B (replaced ER2)
  • Snell MTB-Black
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT

I think we all go thru change in our lifetime. Maybe you’ll be back (we hope so) if not enjoy yourself and your family.
Your always welcome back, especially if making omelettes[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Best wishes on your studies Shankster. After all, they will define the rest of your life. Golf will always be waiting.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrid: Ben Hogan VKTR 3 Hybrid(18*) w/Recoil ES Hybrid(75 GM) regular shaft Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).  Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Good luck in your future endeavors. The winding road of life is one of many surprises 

:titelist-small: TS3 Tensei Av Raw White 65s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White or King Cobra UT 18.5 with KBS C Taper

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-GW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM7 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex stiff

:odyssey-small:  Double Wide Stroke Lab 2019 with Super Stroke Tour 3.0

:Snell: MTB-X Golf Ball or Vice Pro Plus

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

Leupod Gx2i3 Rangefinder

Wrong tbread*

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Let’s lock this one up.

I had the other meme picked out from this scene, but I didn’t feel like getting banned when I changed my mind.  🤣

56DC7DD0-413B-4378-9226-EC571EEAEEC1.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 2