TESTERS WANTED! ×

What sport or hobby did you give up to focus on Golf?

tony@CIC

5 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

So what hobby or  sport did you give up so you could focus on golf?  If you did - why  and any regrets?

Great Topic.   I have three young kids so that really factors into it, but for me it would be tennis.  

I still play golf and basketball regularly.  Working from home has helped me get to the range more or play 9 hole lunch rounds during the work week, which was not really possible before.  My boss also has the golf bug starting last year, so that has helped tremendously!

I don't regret letting tennis go as I just don't have the time that I used to and this was the sport I liked the least of the three.  If any regrets, it would be that I've lost touch with some of my tennis buddies that I used to play and interact with.  

I may have to swap tennis for basketball since it's a non contact sport and I don't want to risk reinjuring my Achilles this summer.   I will probably start back with basketball in the fall/winter, but I want to give my body plenty of time to heal.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

For me it was snowboarding; I used to go 100+ days a year, not sure if I’ll even go once this season. Not worth an injury to my wrists, elbows, or shoulders anymore; not when I’m gunning for a zero handicap this year...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

Interesting topic. I always picked up something to do and kept at it until I mastered it or got bored with it, then would just quit. It's a long list. 

Down Hill skiing. Got good enough to tackle any black diamond run from the East Coast to the Rockies.

Motocross. The only thing I regret stopping but thats something you can't do as you get older.

Deer Hunting, Rifle. First time hunting got my first deer and any time after that. A month of scouting only to end 15 minutes into opening day.

Deer Hunting, Bow. First time out got one and any time after that. Same as above just warmer.

Competition pistol shooting.  Got bored. Competition archery. Got bored.

Bowling. Had as high as a 215 average. One day just stopped about 12 years ago. Just missed several 300 games by a couple pins.

White water rafting. Fun for awhile, even worked for an outdoor adventure company. We ran down hill sking trips, whitewater rafting, and dude ranch adventures. Got to do everything for free.

My wife has even commented in the past. You are very good at _________. How can you just stop. I don't understand.  Of course I still have most of this stuff around the house. "maybe someday I might want to do it again syndrome"

Golf has been the only thing that I can't beat. There are always goals to achieve. Always a stroke to improve upon from the last round. And there is a hole in one waiting for me out there somewhere.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I didn't really give it up to "focus" on golf, but my only other hobbies were skating and surfing. Kinda grew out of skating once we all started driving, but I don't get in the water much because I moved 20 minutes away from my home breaks. Next house is back in the old neighborhood so I'll probably get into the water again but getting back into surf shape doesn't sound fun at all, LOL.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Like @yungkorygolf hasn’t taken over anything really. I have a lot of hobbies but golf is my main focus now.

baseball my younger years took all my energy. These days between golf, snowboarding and shooting I always have something to take my interest. I like the aspect of Snowboarding being outside and physically it feeds my winter needs as well as my occasional “go big or go home” thought process. Shooting/building/cleaning my guns is one of my favorite processes and is something I can go and do for 45 minutes and be satisfied but if I had to make a choice give me golf 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

I had to give up baseball. Had some medical issues that caused my retirement but it still took me 2 more years to really let go of playing baseball. Once I did and dedicated myself to getting better at golf my scores started to drop drastically. Started that May as a 5-6 handicap and finished the summer having gotten down to +2 at one point

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

I played baseball into high school and then softball till I got married. I was never good enough to make the varsity so I don't know how much I gave up. Softball was fun but it was that age a lot of guys were getting married so teams were falling apart. There was one summer I went back at and I felt like I lost a few steps.

Now I've been playing D&D more over quarantine so I'm gonna have to pull that back so I can commit to lots of golf over the summer. I won't hit my goals with divided attention.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

great topic!

i didn’t really give anything up to focus on golf, but it’s come along and filled that “all consuming pursuit” role for me. 

for a while those things in my life flowed into each other. i went almost straight from my last college baseball game to competitive crossfit, and then on to competitive olympic weightlifting. 

i competed at my last crossfit games in 2018, and did my last olympic weightlifting meet early in 2019. after that i was just kind of...relaxing?

last year with covid basically taking away any normal fun activity, my family rented a house so we could all at least be quarantined together. my dad and brother in law brought their clubs and urged me to join them. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

2 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Interesting topic. I always picked up something to do and kept at it until I mastered it or got bored with it, then would just quit. It's a long list. 

Down Hill skiing. Got good enough to tackle any black diamond run from the East Coast to the Rockies.

Motocross. The only thing I regret stopping but thats something you can't do as you get older.

Deer Hunting, Rifle. First time hunting got my first deer and any time after that. A month of scouting only to end 15 minutes into opening day.

Deer Hunting, Bow. First time out got one and any time after that. Same as above just warmer.

Competition pistol shooting.  Got bored. Competition archery. Got bored.

Bowling. Had as high as a 215 average. One day just stopped about 12 years ago. Just missed several 300 games by a couple pins.

White water rafting. Fun for awhile, even worked for an outdoor adventure company. We ran down hill sking trips, whitewater rafting, and dude ranch adventures. Got to do everything for free.

My wife has even commented in the past. You are very good at _________. How can you just stop. I don't understand.  Of course I still have most of this stuff around the house. "maybe someday I might want to do it again syndrome"

Golf has been the only thing that I can't beat. There are always goals to achieve. Always a stroke to improve upon from the last round. And there is a hole in one waiting for me out there somewhere.

I can totally relate about activities becoming boring. Before Sailing, I logged about 700 hours as a private pilot, passed my instrument and commercial check rides. But flying was either extremely boring or on the edge of death (that story another time). Skiing, yea did that as well. But as I got older I started to really hate the cold. I've often told people getting good at golf (and I'm far from it) is the most difficult activity/sport/hobby I've done.  

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I gave up hockey and running but that was on doctors orders. I’ve had knee problems since high school and I tore my inner meniscus while running in my late 30’s. At that point my doc laid the hammer down. I sold all my gear and starting playing golf that summer. Took a few years for it to really kick in but once it did, forget it.

I still play drums & guitar, write & record music, etc which has been my main hobby since age 13 or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

With living in NH didn't really have to give much up for golf since my other sorry was hockey, and I still run. Hockey has fallen off more due to not wanting to play a game at 10 pm. So it's mostly running and golf, one for fun the other to get myself outside in the winter.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

46 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

I haven’t given anything up for golf. I stopped golfing as much to get back into hockey.

I hunt and train dogs a lot so that puts golf on the back burner a lot. Golf is the thing I do the least honestly no matter how much I enjoy it.

You forgot to mention cooking based on the pics in your cooking thread. I'm always hungry after I read your posts. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Stop playing hockey and softball were the last two .. but I retired from all sports except golf .. 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

I’ve golfed off and on for many years. I never really dedicated a lot of time to it. But in 2019 my job was eliminated and that afforded me the opportunity of time. I’m now semi-retired, working 40 hours a month. I decided to give more time to golf and this year purchased a Monday thru Thursday membership at a local course. My wife encouraged it. 😃 I dabble in photography. When I lived in the Pacific Northwest, I was 10 minutes from the Boeing factory and Paul Allen’s Flying Heritage Museum so I’d spend time there taking pictures. 

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Great topic!

For me, it was auto racing. I fell in love with NASCAR in high school and started helping a family friend at the local short track. Moved to NC at the age of 18 to try to work my way into the sport. Somehow I managed to meet the right people and racing was my career and life for 15 years. Hitting my 30s, getting married and having kids changed my perspective and i wasn’t willing to devote so much of my time to work. Long hours and traveling 100+ days of the year wasn’t for me anymore. In 2017 a few guys I worked with played on our days off and I started going with them. At the time, they were about a 5 and 10 handicap and I had played about 5 rounds in my life. Needless to say I got addicted, and in 2019 the right opportunity came up and I got out of racing. Golf has filled the competitive side I lost when I changed careers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also used to play the pipes. Played for 6 years or so as a teenager competing solo and in a band for a few years. Got up to Grade 2 in solo competition but university took up a bunch of time so I stopped playing and haven't picked up the pipes since unfortunately. Maybe soon.

Before I met my wife I was playing men’s league hockey and working part time on an ambulance. Any spare time was dedicated to pipe band gigs and rehearsals. I played for 8 years with several FD and Scottish bands before taking a break. 

Anyone with kids knows that the pie chart slices smallest amongst your hobbies. Golf was occupying a small percentage and I decided I would rather drop the bagpipes and use that spare time for more rounds on the course. I actually picked up the pipes today to play a few tunes, some of it’s still there  

6551C59F-96DC-484B-A17C-5EEFDF3468FA.png.540ed62eb2db0a9abbb4cab0aa8e36dd.png

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

24 minutes ago, FrogginBullfish said:

I also used to play the pipes. Played for 6 years or so as a teenager competing solo and in a band for a few years. Got up to Grade 2 in solo competition but university took up a bunch of time so I stopped playing and haven't picked up the pipes since unfortunately. Maybe soon.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Grade 2...you’re legit. 

We traveled to Sandy Jones’ school and Robert Wallace’s as well for some fine tuning but we’re for the most part Grade 5’s. I did compete once in 2016...we finished 2nd out of 6 at a NYS event and that was a proud moment. A lot of hard work against some good competitors.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

If I go back to college days... you know, back before electricity...  I never played in any sports except intramural and pickup games.  I was never very good at anything, but adequate at everything.  In college I was into mountain climbing; lots of great mountains to climb in Oregon.  After college I got into downhill skiing and auto racing with a Datsun 240Z... talk about expensive!!  Then I got into sailing, but a sailboat on the Columbia and Snake Rivers is not very exciting because I was stuck behind dams; fighting current is not fun sailing.  

On to volleyball and softball... I played in two softball leagues, slo-pitch and fast pitch.  I played in a city volleyball league and traveled to play in the Seattle area and in Victoria, B.C.  Tore cartliage in my left knee in 1972 playing volleyball, and it was ultimately replaced in 2014.  I retired from playing, but I continued as a State-rated volleyball referee for girls H.S. and college.  In the early 1980's I took up running.  I ran in several Bloomsday events in Spokane and decided I wanted to run a marathon, which I did in 1983.  I finished!!  Never ran again!!  

My knees, along with the rest of my body, gave out when I turned 45.  I decided to try golf (the first time is a story unto itself)!!  I was hooked!!!!   It's been a long journey, but the game is always changing... some for the better; some for the worse as I age.  My only regret is that I didn't take up golf earlier before my body hurt all the time.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Never really gave up anything in totality, just dont camp, hike, fish, and hunt like I used to since golf really took hold. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

35 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

I’ve always cooked I can cook after a round no problem. Well I’m glad you guys enjoy my cooking as much as I do lol

I prefer the eating part of cooking. Hope at some point you can be at one of our MGS gatherings and cook for us. 😁

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Looks like a lot of former hockey players here 😄

giphy.gif

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Same as a lot on here that I didn’t give-up anything to start playing, golf, or to focus on it. As I increased in age, and started having the accompanying ailments, basketball just wasn’t possible anymore, and without coaching it and being in the gym, it was easy to step away from, playing-wise. Golf has just been the only sport left for me to play that my body allows me to. I was a top-ranked junior tennis player in the Midwest as a kid, and I’ve thought I’d want to get back to tennis, but  I remember my Dad rupturing his Achilles on the court, so, I think I’ll pass. I did play slow-pitch softball year-round before I was married, but they didn’t have any leagues here years ago so I didn’t keep playing. So, golf it is!!! 

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Fly fishing is my other hobby/sport and, when we're back home in Montana April-Oct, you'll find me with either a 5 weight or 5 iron in hand. I've been doing both for a very long time and find them to compliment one another quite well.  There are similarities to swing and casting mechanics; particularly as it relates to timing.

IMG_7595.JPG.c5e35fdcf99459d6c168e4f96fc7e96d.JPG

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

19 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Fly fishing is my other hobby/sport and, when we're back home in Montana April-Oct, you'll find me with either a 5 weight or 5 iron in hand. I've been doing both for a very long time and find them to compliment one another quite well.  There are similarities to swing and casting mechanics; particularly as it relates to timing.

IMG_7595.JPG.c5e35fdcf99459d6c168e4f96fc7e96d.JPG

That is an amazing picture, what a great background. I want to get out to Montana at some point for a vacation just the wife and I.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

My story is the very similar to the OP. I played golf from age 10, daily at times but regularly until... 

We bought a sailboat in 1989, started racing in 1997, and didn’t quit until 2017 after owning a series of 5 sailboats from 26’ to 35.’ I basically didn’t play golf at all from 2000 thru 2017. But we don’t own a sailboat now. I sold our 5th boat after reviewing what I was spending racing our sailboat and multiplying it by 20 years - the $ number was stupefying, delayed retirement by about 5 years. And I’d accomplished everything I’d hoped to sail racing.

I resumed golf in 2017, moved south and I’m playing golf 2-3 times a week year round, and only go lake daysailing once in a while at a local community sailing club. I’m completely satisfied with that now, don’t want to own another boat.

And like the OP noted you can’t spend on golf anything like owning and campaigning a racing sailboat - golf is a screaming bargain.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys