Need Pointers (garage transformation into hitting bay)

Our Sponsors

Hello Golf Spy Community! 

I just recently bought a condo and it has a garage! I am wanting to turn it into a hitting bay area due to myself living in Oregon and we have a long rainy period and I don't want to have to take time off. I am looking on pointers on if anyone has made hanging racks for nets/curtain or drapes for impact. The material they used piping or if they just bought something premade. 

If there is anything that they would do different after they have completed their hitting area 

Thank You in advance!  

• Like 1

IRONS: :titelist-small: T300 Nippon NS Pro 950GH Neo Reg Flex (4,6,8,9,PW)

PUTTER: :odyssey-small: Lab V-Line Straight 34in 

DRIVER: :taylormade-small: R11 

Do you want something more permanent or something easily taken down or slide to the side. Look at     " Building my Golf Room" thats more permanent but can be taken down in 30 minutes if i had to.  Something simple is a steel cable attached to both walls. Attach net to shower curtain hooks and put it on the cable. Then you can just slide it to the side.

• Like 5

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

4 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Do you want something more permanent or something easily taken down or slide to the side. Look at     " Building my Golf Room" thats more permanent but can be taken down in 30 minutes if i had to.  Something simple is a steel cable attached to both walls. Attach net to shower curtain hooks and put it on the cable. Then you can just slide it to the side.

Thank You I will take a look! I am not going to park in my garage so I am really open to either a more permanent or one that can be taken down quick.

IRONS: :titelist-small: T300 Nippon NS Pro 950GH Neo Reg Flex (4,6,8,9,PW)

PUTTER: :odyssey-small: Lab V-Line Straight 34in 

DRIVER: :taylormade-small: R11 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2021 at 1:21 PM, GunnarB said:

Hello Golf Spy Community! 

I just recently bought a condo and it has a garage! I am wanting to turn it into a hitting bay area due to myself living in Oregon and we have a long rainy period and I don't want to have to take time off. I am looking on pointers on if anyone has made hanging racks for nets/curtain or drapes for impact. The material they used piping or if they just bought something premade. 

If there is anything that they would do different after they have completed their hitting area 

Thank You in advance!  

Take a look at this post below. I actually put together a spreadsheet with a lot of notes. I think you could set up a Champkey net and a Real Feel golf hitting mat in that area and it would work very well! The Google Sheet in the post has links, costs, etc. for what you can use! I put pictures of my own garage hitting bay in there too.

Driver: Sim 8* turned down to 6* X-Stiff Aldila Rogue Silver 110

3 Wood: Sim 14* X-Stiff Aldila Rogue Silver

2 Hybrid/2 Iron: 2019 Apex/2019 P790 both X-Stiff

4 thru 6: P790 Stiff 2* flat -  7 thru PW: P770 Stiff 2* flat

Wedges: TM MG2 50*, 56*, and 60*

My Putter: Hates Me

8.4 Handicapped Right Hander from Salt Lake City, Utah