Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

First balls hit since November...

Here in the UK, specifically Wales, courses and driving ranges have opened after a significant time of being closed. Yesterday I decided to go up the range and hit a few balls and wow! Started ok, but in the end the last 10/15 shots were either tops or full blown shanks. I had to leave halfway through as nothing I did was helping. Even when I first started out playing golf when I was 15 never was I this bad, and what makes it worse is that I don’t even know what I was doing wrong! It’s definitely a long road back, but hoping next time I go up I just start swinging ‘normal’ again. Goes to show what can happen when you stop playing, even for a few months. 

Driver: Titleist TSi2 10 / Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue Raw 65 S

3 Wood: Titleist TSi3 15 / Project X RDX Smoke Black 70 6.0

Hybrid: Titleist TSi3 18 / Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Red 7 S

4 Iron: Titleist U500 / Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85 S

5 - 9 Irons: Mizuno 921 Tour / Nippon Modus 3 120 S

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 46F, 50F, 54S & 58M / Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Select (2016) / BGT Stability Tour

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

Just erase it from the memory bank. Start over with all the fundamentals the next go, and here’s hoping it all comes back! #positivevibes

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Usually the same for me here in the Northeastern US. I have the winter off, and my first range session after the layoff can be dreadful, if I let it. I usually just hit a small bucket of wedges my first time back out there to get the swing flowing again and give myself some confidence. Usually nothing more than a 3/4 shot with a lot of practice swings in between. Yeah I swing a lot in the house to just keep moving, but actually hitting to a target is far different. I'm sure your next bucket will be much better.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

The first few range sessions for me aren’t that great either. I try to stick to less than full shots and work on some drills and feel to get the body used to swinging again

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

19 hours ago, Murray06 said:

Here in the UK, specifically Wales, courses and driving ranges have opened after a significant time of being closed. Yesterday I decided to go up the range and hit a few balls and wow! Started ok, but in the end the last 10/15 shots were either tops or full blown shanks. I had to leave halfway through as nothing I did was helping. Even when I first started out playing golf when I was 15 never was I this bad, and what makes it worse is that I don’t even know what I was doing wrong! It’s definitely a long road back, but hoping next time I go up I just start swinging ‘normal’ again. Goes to show what can happen when you stop playing, even for a few months. 

Shake it off.   

This maybe cliche but it has been said by many that golfers don't forget how to swing as much as they forget how to setup. 

Usually the 1st round for me is amazing; I have no expectations and play free. Then the 2nd time out, I’ll shoot double my handicap. Don’t put unnecessary pressure or expectations on yourself!

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

Stick with it - things will come back quickly - best wishes and welcome back - I pray that shut down time actually worked - doesn’t seem to matter much what we do here - shut down places fo the same or worse than open ones. :(

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

2nd session at the range was just as horrific as the 1st! In the end I just practiced chipping and short pitches. I then immediately booked a lesson ASAP - which is tomorrow. 

3rd session had a similar start and was getting very frustrated so decided to video the last 15 balls to see if I could see anything. Suddenly started to hit it ok! Had a 4th session Sunday morning and hit it well throughout. Such a relief I’ve started to remember how to play again. Can’t imagine what some of you guys go through when there’s an off season. Still keeping the lesson 🙂

Driver: Titleist TSi2 10 / Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue Raw 65 S

3 Wood: Titleist TSi3 15 / Project X RDX Smoke Black 70 6.0

Hybrid: Titleist TSi3 18 / Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Red 7 S

4 Iron: Titleist U500 / Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85 S

5 - 9 Irons: Mizuno 921 Tour / Nippon Modus 3 120 S

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 46F, 50F, 54S & 58M / Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Select (2016) / BGT Stability Tour

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV