:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I can't say I'm surprised.  The original Odyssey Two Ball was in my bag for a couple years when it came out, and some recent demo's with the 10 line, well i just couldn't seem to miss.  I'm not a fan of the Triple Track, but I have personally seen it make a huge difference for some.  But I could easily roll a Ten S with no issues at all.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

I know why those two putters finished on top; they were the only mallet putters that i was able to roll well.

Don’t have to have lines on the ball for triple track; just a way to consistently get the putter setup.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

17 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I can't say I'm surprised.  The original Odyssey Two Ball was in my bag for a couple years when it came out, and some recent demo's with the 10 line, well i just couldn't seem to miss.  I'm not a fan of the Triple Track, but I have personally seen it make a huge difference for some.  But I could easily roll a Ten S with no issues at all.

Am I the only one that simply cannot get past the looks of the Two Ball?  It and a few other mallet style are just too over-the-top looking to my eye.  A rather dumb criteria perhaps but it is what it is. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Am I the only one that simply cannot get past the looks of the Two Ball?  It and a few other mallet style are just too over-the-top looking to my eye.  A rather dumb criteria perhaps but it is what it is. 

It is what it is, but it is Important to you. We all have different things we look for and try to avoid.

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Solid showing by Odyssey, but not surprised on a personal level - I still have a White Hot Rossie that comes back into the bag when all my other putters decide to misbehave. 

Stoked to see W/S pick up the Best Value. Kind of odd though to see it 1st from 5, decent from 20, but dreadful from 10?

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

5 minutes ago, cnosil said:

It is what it is, but it is Important to you. We all have different things we look for and try to avoid.

I think it was you who provided a link to an outfit that tracks players clubs (WITB)?  I'm curious to know what the breakdown is among the tour for putter designs.  I do notice quite a few mallet styles out there.

I'm glad Tony made a comment on the blog about the Tommy Armour #3. Not the same putter as in years past. 

The White Hot OG Line, blades and mallets, is doing well. Maybe one day they'll release the 7S with a solid top line, not the three dots. 

On behalf of the lefties, screw Evnroll! They make a well-performing putter and we can only watch righties putt with it. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

15 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I’m in the same boat. 

If you've never tried one of the Mizuno putters you should.... you hit the ball and then you have this sudden. whoa. that feeling was amazing.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

36 minutes ago, jlukes said:

I use no lines on my bal

I was similar, but tried the ball in the store and felt for short putts it improved my putting.  I don't like the callaway balls, so I bought a separate marking tool that gives the lines.  Usually inside 10 feet I use the lines and outside that go with my spot and feel.  

I feel like the track could be great, but might start to be too much noise and could have people concentrating too much on line and not enough about pace.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

13 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

If you've never tried one of the Mizuno putters you should.

Would love to, but I don't think they have any Lefties available.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

55 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I know why those two putters finished on top; they were the only mallet putters that i was able to roll well.

Don’t have to have lines on the ball for triple track; just a way to consistently get the putter setup.

Not speaking for JLukes, but I guess I am.    I think the intent of his comment was that, he doesn't use a line on his ball so he's certainly not going to use one on putter head.  Simply meaning he's not a line alignment type guy be it the ball or putter. 

42 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Solid showing by Odyssey, but not surprised on a personal level - I still have a White Hot Rossie that comes back into the bag when all my other putters decide to misbehave. 

Stoked to see W/S pick up the Best Value. Kind of odd though to see it 1st from 5, decent from 20, but dreadful from 10?

As @GolfSpy Barbajo and I discussed a couple weeks ago, at $99 retail, those Buckingham's should fly out of stores.   People just need to get over the damn stigma they have about Wilson Staff.

I think it was you who provided a link to an outfit that tracks players clubs (WITB)?  I'm curious to know what the breakdown is among the tour for putter designs.  I do notice quite a few mallet styles out there.

Daryl survey.

I have seen some unofficial counts and mallets are slightly more popular than blades. 56/44%

Not a fan of full size mallets and like jlukes I don’t use alignment lines. The two ball was never a favorite of mine when I tried mallets was more a #7. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

"There’s a case to be made for matching the weight of your putter to the speed of the greens you play most often. On slow greens, heavier putters tend to perform better. On fast greens, a delicate touch is needed. Often a lighter putter will produce better results."

As I posted on the blog, which ones are heavy and which ones are light?  Yes, the SW is posted, but I don't find that as useful to me as overall weight.  Why can't the weights be posted so readers know which is which?   I like a heavier putter.

I also play on more than just my course's greens, so I see a variety of green speeds.  I would never putt use two different putters; one for fast greens and one for slow greens.  I feel that a putter that fits your stroke can be putted well on all green speeds.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 minute ago, Kenny B said:

"There’s a case to be made for matching the weight of your putter to the speed of the greens you play most often. On slow greens, heavier putters tend to perform better. On fast greens, a delicate touch is needed. Often a lighter putter will produce better results."

As I posted on the blog, which ones are heavy and which ones are light?  Yes, the SW is posted, but I don't find that as useful to me as overall weight.  Why can't the weights be posted so readers know which is which?   I like a heavier putter.

I also play on more than just my course's greens, so I see a variety of green speeds.  I would never putt use two different putters; one for fast greens and one for slow greens.  I feel that a putter that fits your stroke can be putted well on all green speeds.

Just get two evnrolls with 2 different head weights 😛 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

1 minute ago, rbsiedsc said:

Just get two evnrolls with 2 different head weights 😛 

I generally putt well on all green speeds (once I get used to them) with my Ping, and I have never cared for Evnroll putters.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

sad that LAB Golf didn't provide one but i understand with the lie angles that the results would be skewed with only one putter.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

can't stand the triple track but the new ten two ball design has caught my eye. Might need to roll a few to see if the results testors saw turn out the same for me and my stroke.

32 minutes ago, ACA_619 said:

can't stand the triple track but the new ten two ball design has caught my eye. Might need to roll a few to see if the results testors saw turn out the same for me and my stroke.

Same exact thoughts here.  Don't like the TT on balls or the putter.  But there is no denying it works for "some"   I went to a Callaway Education day two years ago for dealers.  The rep couldn't wait to show me how far off align I was.   They had you take your set up at a hole about 10 feet away, then told you to stay still, while they attached a laser to the center of the putter head.   They expected it to show you were aimed outside the hole.  Mine showed I was dead center of the cup.   He kind of shrugged like he didn't know what to say...ha

I think we're all kind of hinting at a similar sentiment...feel and how well you like the look probably matter more with a putter than any other club in the bag.  I have great confidence in MGS Most Wanted tests, but right or wrong at the end of the day you could show me data that shows a putter is working best for me...if it doesn't pass the eye test I'm probably not going to buy it regardless. 

Triple Track is off-putting to me, and so is the 2 ball.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

@cnosil how's the new Ping insert compared to the sigma 2 insert?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

20 minutes ago, txgolfjunkie said:

@cnosil how's the new Ping insert compared to the sigma 2 insert?

I personally disliked the new ping insert.  Kind of reminded me of a rubbery insert that felt dead at impact.    I prefer putters that have a click at impact. 

Haven't done a deep dive into the article yet but sure looked like a lot of the Spider copies in the top grouping...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

7 hours ago, cnosil said:

Daryl survey.

I have seen some unofficial counts and mallets are slightly more popular than blades. 56/44%

Can we classify the B61 as a mini mallet? 🙂

Haven't done a deep dive into the article yet but sure looked like a lot of the Spider copies in the top grouping...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2 ball isn’t a spider copy. But
You are correct, many of the putters in the test would be like a #7 or spider. This is simply just where the market is with mallet putters. Going through the putters as part of the testing the same concepts definitely carry over.
Can we classify the B61 as a mini mallet? 

I would say no.

The new 2 ball 10 models intrigue me....I’ve always been a mallet guy, not sure about the triple track but the tour lined model definitely has my eye

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson