TESTERS WANTED! ×

2021 Most Wanted-Mallet Putters

Golfspy_CG2

Nice to see I’m not the only guy around here who prefers to line up seeing just a white golf ball. 

I passed my PAT on my first attempt with a DFX 2 Ball and I would love to give it another shot. I liked it when I played around with one on Friday at my local shop. Who knows, maybe my impulses will get the best of me...

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

7 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Nice to see I’m not the only guy around here who prefers to line up seeing just a white golf ball. 

I passed my PAT on my first attempt with a DFX 2 Ball and I would love to give it another shot. I liked it when I played around with one on Friday at my local shop. Who knows, maybe my impulses will get the best of me...

Come out of the  closet and let your putter ho inter self roam freely.   😁

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

7 minutes ago, ole gray said:

Come out of the  closet and let your putter ho inter self roam freely.   😁

Trust me, I want to...I’ve said it once I’ll say it again. Y’all are a baaaaaad influence 🤣🤣🤣

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

On 3/15/2021 at 11:06 AM, fixyurdivot said:

Am I the only one that simply cannot get past the looks of the Two Ball?  It and a few other mallet style are just too over-the-top looking to my eye.  A rather dumb criteria perhaps but it is what it is. 

I agree the look of the 2 blank balls doesn’t work for me. I much preferred the way the triple track broke up the the “blank canvas” of the traditional 2 ball design even more so than the the single line. I’m really leaning towards the 2 Ball Ten Triple Track. It just felt amazing to me and it’s aesthetics were more pleasing. It also didn’t hurt that I was putting well with it. Granted it was a indoors at a store but I was able to putt to a PuttOut and while it didn’t hold every time they were “made” putts. 😜

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

10 hours ago, MattWillGolf said:

I agree the look of the 2 blank balls doesn’t work for me. I much preferred the way the triple track broke up the the “blank canvas” of the traditional 2 ball design even more so than the the single line. I’m really leaning towards the 2 Ball Ten Triple Track. It just felt amazing to me and it’s aesthetics were more pleasing. It also didn’t hurt that I was putting well with it. Granted it was a indoors at a store but I was able to putt to a PuttOut and while it didn’t hold every time they were “made” putts. 😜

Thats the nest thing about golf, something so drastically different—Triple Track vs No markings on the two ball—can be viewed so differently by players.   

I’m firmly in the camp of not liking the TT visual, but as I mentioned esrlier, i can’t dispute it’s effectiveness for some, that I have watched putt with it. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Am I the only one that simply cannot get past the looks of the Two Ball?  It and a few other mallet style are just too over-the-top looking to my eye.  A rather dumb criteria perhaps but it is what it is. 

Definitely not a fan either. I find them distracting. 

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9* w/ Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons : Wilson D7 Forged 4-P

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line

AKA the #FourPuttPrince. 👑

I'm usually not a big fan of mallets but I bought the Ten S with the single line and initial results are it may be a game changer. Easiest putter to line up I've ever seen. 

Ping G430 Driver, 19° Hybrid, Ping Anser 23° Hybrid, Mizuno 923 Hot Metal 6-GW, Ping 54°&58° Glides, Scotty Cameron 5.5

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using CS putters most of my life, and finally pulled the trigger on the Odyssey Stroke Lab CS V line, 35" with the pistol grip. To my eyes it's as ez as it gets to line up, and the insert is like butter. Putting has always been the strongest part of my game, however I can only see it getting better with this club. 

Wishon clubs, Odyssey CS stroke lab putter

• 2 weeks later...

I am always trying different mallets but always coming back to the same style of putter. I used the Ping Nome TR for years now I am using a Ping Ketsch. The only other putter that has come close is the 2 ball but not a huge fan of inserts. I think my eye just likes a more rounded mallet with alignment features on top and right up to the ball.  

that being said I always read the articles and always want to try the latest and greatest. They just don’t always work for me. 

Ping G425 LST 10.5* - Rogue White 130

Ping G425 LST 14.5 - Rogue White 130

TaylorMade SIM 19* Tensei Pro White

Srixon ZX5 4&5 iron Modus 120

Srixon ZX7 6-AW Modus 120

Vokey SM8 54* 60* Modus 125 wedge

EvnRoll ER5B

I still have the original Ping Ketsch. The one Ping had to stop making due to patent infringement with Guerin Rife. Something with the grooves.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

54 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

I still have the original Ping Ketsch. The one Ping had to stop making due to patent infringement with Guerin Rife. Something with the grooves.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

My Nome had those grooves and I loved them, but after 8 years They got banged up and it was time to replace. Now I have a Heppler Ketsch. 

EvnRoll ER5B

2 hours ago, Stshep14 said:

New Odyssey putters with alignment aid - just too much to look at.  I still haven’t found a good replacement for my old Rife 2 Bar Hybrid. Usually use the heavier weights. Any ideas?

I like a heavier putter and the Heppler Ketsch has been great for me but I would also look at Evnroll putters, they are desisigned by Guerin Rife!

EvnRoll ER5B

I like a heavier putter and the Heppler Ketsch has been great for me but I would also look at Evnroll putters, they are desisigned by Guerin Rife!

I hav3 a Cleveland HB Soft 11, but prefer my Evnroll ER6 and ER2 as they roll so smooth and have some weight. ER2 255 gram and ER6 275 gram.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
PXG 0211 w/Project X Evenflo Riptide Regular shaft; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” EVNROLL E6R Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

On 3/21/2021 at 9:25 AM, MattWillGolf said:

I’ve fiddled around with the 2-ball TT design in stores and like others have said, I just can’t get past it. However, I do have a clam shell and mark all my golf balls with three lines every time I play ... for me, it just works. 

I’ll also add that if my putt has a hard break and my line is several feet left/right of the hole, I actually turn it over to its all white side and putt that way. More of a feel thing for me on those big breaking putts and no matter the line, it never quite feels right. 

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

I was struggling with pulling putts and decided it was time to get fit. SAM numbers had the best fit for me with 2 Ball Ten S (Tour Line). I was never a line on my ball guy, but have tried it the past couple rounds. Combination of putter fitting (3* upright), Tour Line, and line on ball make it nearly impossible for me to not get aligned properly and start my putts on line. No 3 putts in last couple rounds and average putts down to 31 (from 36.5). Hands down the best roll I’ve ever gotten with a putter. The Microhinge face is a little “clicky” but I’m not caring if the putts are dropping. 

On 4/20/2021 at 3:06 PM, Granata13 said:

Thanks!!  I’ll look. 

I can’t stand the look of the two ball, just have never liked it, it looks almost gimmicky to me personally, but it obviously works for many.

I recently switched from a SC Newport Pro Platinum 2 I was gaming for years to an Odyssey Ten Triple Track. I was having a lot of issues seeing the line, and found the triple track really works well for me, and I like the ‘spider’ shape. Hoping this is it for me for a bit, but I think with my straight back straight through it’s time to switch to mallet tech. 

I returned the TM Spider EX, I liked the look, but didn’t like the feel, or lack there of, I could barely tell when I hit the ball. The Odyssey has a nice sound and feel.

Edited by MFSOT
Spelling

I rolled the new Ping 2021 putters at Dicks today.  Dayuummmmmm  I nearly had an orgasm!  I'm a soft off the face fan so I was slobbering like a stud bull in a pen full of heifers.... 😍  The fetch model (handy for old folks) had the hole covered up and I loved the alignment aids...   Gawd help me Jesus I nearly bought one off the cuff.......   😳

PNG21FTCH_NOCOLOR_TOE - Edited.png

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

My wife is on bed rest for a heart condition, so I'm the designated shopper. While out today I stopped at a thrift store and found a new BAT stand up putter for $2.00. Lol

I personally don't like the feel, however that alignment aid works!

Wishon clubs, Odyssey CS stroke lab putter