Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

New Member WITB

Just joined MGS and wanted to share what is currently in my bag with the community. 

I have always had my irons properly fitted right at Ping Canada head office and they are great. I have never been properly fitted for woods or wedges however.  After hitting into a simulator for the last few months, I am quickly realizing that I am getting way to much back spin on my driver and very low launch angle (3500-4000rpm, 9-10° launch angle). Really looking forward to see what improvements can be made with a proper fitting that I have booked for both woods and wedges at a local fitting facility

I show my 3 wood in the picture however I don't currently carry it in the bag as my miss was getting me in more trouble than it was worth at my previous club (transitioning to new club this season). Intrigued to see what I can possibly do with a 5-wood at my fitting. 

IMG_5482 2.jpg

:titelist-small: TSi4 10° w/ stiff Tensei White                         

:titelist-small: TSi3 15° w/ stiff Tensei White

:titelist-small: TSi2 19° w/ stiff Tensei White

:ping-small: I-Blade 4-PW +1" Blue Dot

:titelist-small: Vokey SM5 52°,56°,60°

:odyssey-small: O-Works Tank 7

:titelist-small: AVX

:Arccos:

Link

Welcome to the Forum, and nice setup! Be sure to update the thread after the driver fitting. You're definitely right that there's plenty of room for optimization there, and it'll be great to see what you end up with and how much a difference it makes.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Welcome to the Forum, and nice setup! Be sure to update the thread after the driver fitting. You're definitely right that there's plenty of room for optimization there, and it'll be great to see what you end up with and how much a difference it makes.

Absolutely!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Link

3 hours ago, RTurcott said:

I show my 3 wood in the picture however I don't currently carry it in the bag as my miss was getting me in more trouble than it was worth at my previous club (transitioning to new club this season). Intrigued to see what I can possibly do with a 5-wood at my fitting

Welcome.  Wanted to ask if you think a 5 wood would be worth it with a 19* hybrid already in the bag? 

I suppose with the weight further back and head a bit larger, it could be a tad more forgiving with higher launch and a touch more distance, but you could also look at a 16* or 17* hybrid.  Just a thought.   

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

54 minutes ago, juspoole said:

Welcome.  Wanted to ask if you think a 5 wood would be worth it with a 19* hybrid already in the bag? 

I suppose with the weight further back and head a bit larger, it could be a tad more forgiving with higher launch and a touch more distance, but you could also look at a 16* or 17* hybrid.  Just a thought.   

Interesting... didn't think of that set up. I am getting fitted for all woods (including Hybird), I feel like getting properly fitted with a 3 wood will help with my miss. I would like to have that extra length available when needed however I lower lofted Hybrid and 5 wood would be an interesting combo for sure! Thanks for the suggestion.

Link