Epic?

45 minutes ago, juspoole said:

Dang.  Great Numbers.

You said 25 yards further than Sim 2, but what about compared to gamer?  300 carry is massive! 

My average drives with the PXG are 265... longest of 305, down wind.

• Like 1

oh, to be young again 😄  I can't remember the last time I hit a driver even close to those numbers.

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

3 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Is it possible to gain 30 yards of carry with just a driver change?  Is that real life?

Only if the driver was an extremely poor fit. 

I would never make an assumption about a driver based on a store launch monitor unless I was hitting my current driver side by side. They could be juicing the simulator software easily. Especially at a dsg

• Like 3

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* Tour AD DI 6X

:ping-small: G425 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 - Tour AD 95X

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW OBAN CT 115X(-)

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 52F - 58D

:ping-small: ChipR

:ping-small: PLD Milled Anser 2

:titelist-small: ProV1

Just now, jlukes said:

Only if the driver was an extremely poor fit. 

I would never make an assumption about a driver based on a store launch monitor unless I was hitting my current driver side by side. They could be juicing the simulator software easily

Yeah. My thoughts too, I asked the dude if they had it cranked up for sales, he promised me he didn’t... but you never know who’s telling the truth. I’m bringing my gamer on Wednesday.  It was not fit to me, nor have I been anywhere near 300 carry with it since I bought it... but, those are similar numbers to what I used to get with my R1, that thing was a monster.

• Like 1

Very impressive. you must have had Smash of 1.5. What was your SS as with those carry numbers, i would have expected you to be in a X stiff shaft. Welcome back!

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F5 hybrid soft stepped

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long 

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1:2021 Phantom X5 35"

Ball:    :srixon-small: Z Star XV (back up balls :titleist-small:ProV1 Left Dot,  :OnCore:Vero X1, :titelist-small: proV1)

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer lite

My Reviews:

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

19 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Very impressive. you must have had Smash of 1.5. What was your SS as with those carry numbers, i would have expected you to be in a X stiff shaft. Welcome back!

The 317 ball was a SS of 119, smash of 1.40, the lowest SS was 107, but mostly in the 111-116 range.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shankster said:

The 317 ball was a SS of 119, smash of 1.40, the lowest SS was 107, but mostly in the 111-116 range.

Was it a gcquad or Trackman? Most DSGs just have GC2s still, which only capture ball speed and then calculate swing speed based on a preset smash factor

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Was it a gcquad or Trackman? Most DSGs just have GC2s still, which only capture ball speed and then calculate swing speed based on a preset smash factor

Yeah.  It’s definitely preset at 1.4 smash

7 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Yeah.  It’s definitely preset at 1.4 smash

Realistic smash was probably closer to 1.43-1.45, so that means your swing speed was probably sitting between 110 and 115 mph  club head speed which is awesome

• Like 2

I wasn’t overly concerned with the SS because it was matching about what I was getting last season during the speed stick training, topped out at 120 with the driver and it went for a country mile... but I don’t trust LM data that the guy selling me the stuff tried to tell me that he plays blades... 😏

31E0C9EC-12F5-4E47-B119-96D9F59D5996.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jlukes said:

Realistic smash was probably closer to 1.43-1.45, so that means your swing speed was probably sitting between 110 and 115moh club head speed which is awesome

We’ll see what the PXG does.  I do know it is the shortest in distance our of any driver I’ve had.

1 hour ago, CarlH said:

I can't remember the last time I hit a driver even close to those numbers.

Oh, it's easy for me to recall when I came close to 300 carry distance... that would be never.  

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Is it possible to gain 30 yards of carry with just a driver change?  Is that real life?

I suppose if one's coming from persimmon and steel shafts that wouldn't be surprising, but would seen a rarity for current (near current) technology.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Well... it does seem plausible.

3ECE0826-9A17-447E-96F2-CA80DF20BE72.png

club speed: “fast”

image.gif.6542d3b3e3fe44c6cdfc1449793c588f.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Well, I ran out of time to make it to DSG to test the gamer vs the Epic... but, I am leaving for Pensacola in two weeks.  It just so happens that there is an Edwin Watts or whatever they are called there.  Planning on trying everything they have in stock, and I hope they have the TSi4... 

• Like 4

Had a chance to test the Epic Speed yesterday. My local golf store loaned me one for the day. Sadly, or happily perhaps (I saved $700 CDN) by not purchasing the Epic Speed 9 degree. The Epic Speed was compared with my current Callaway driver head (B21) in my custom fit Graphite Design XC-6 stiff shaft and my daily gamer (Srixon Z-Star) ball. Not really any gains to be had with the Epic Speed in my case. A slightly lower ball flight was evident, but carry numbers and totals were pretty much the same as my B21. So, for now, I'm sticking with my B21 and saving some cash in the process. Perhaps when the season is in full flight, I might give it a go again, but I was in good form yesterday with my clubs and up against my B21, it didn't really make me want to drop $700.

• Like 1

~ ward ~

Driver: Callaway B21 9.5 Degrees. Graphite Design XC6 S Flex 43.5" Length. Golf Pride CP2 MidSize Wrap / 3-Wood: Cobra F7 @ 16 Degrees / Aldila MSI 95 70g 3.3 Stiff. Golf Pride CP2 MidSize Wrap / Hybrid: Callway BB Alpha 815 @ 20 Degrees / Speeder 865 Shaft / Irons: Srixon z785. Modus NS Pro 120 (Stiff). Golf Pride CP2 MidSize Wrap / Wedges: Titleist Vokey - SM5 F Grind 50 degree (-1 degree) 08 Degrees of Bounce (-1 degree), SM5 S Grind 54 degree (-1 degree) 10 Degrees of Bounce, SM5 M Grind 58 degree 08 Degrees of Bounce. Golf Pride CP2 MidSize Wrap.

Putter: Odyssey.

Golf Ball: Srixon Z Star.

Cart Bag: Sun Mountain C130.
Carry Bag: Big Max.

1 hour ago, ward said:

Had a chance to test the Epic Speed yesterday. My local golf store loaned me one for the day. Sadly, or happily perhaps (I saved $700 CDN) by not purchasing the Epic Speed 9 degree. The Epic Speed was compared with my current Callaway driver head (B21) in my custom fit Graphite Design XC-6 stiff shaft and my daily gamer (Srixon Z-Star) ball. Not really any gains to be had with the Epic Speed in my case. A slightly lower ball flight was evident, but carry numbers and totals were pretty much the same as my B21. So, for now, I'm sticking with my B21 and saving some cash in the process. Perhaps when the season is in full flight, I might give it a go again, but I was in good form yesterday with my clubs and up against my B21, it didn't really make me want to drop $700.

That's asking a lot for an off the rack club to outperform something custom fit with an upcharge shaft. Unless the existing driver is 5-10 years old or your swing has changed a lot and the fit is no longer ideal. 

• Like 2

:cobra-small: F9 Driver 9*

:cobra-small: Baffler hybrids some combo of 2H-5H

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

:ping-small: G700 4i, Glide 2.0 54, 58*

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

Semi-Update: a guy from work went to DSG with his driver and hit the same Epic I did, and his numbers were within a yard... and they are true to what he sees on the course.  285 carry, he is a fairway finding machine... so, I wonder if I would gain some serious yards by switching to this beast... obviously I need to take mine in, but at least there is some hope that the monitor was somewhat accurate.

needless to say, he is keeping his 915 driver for now, no reason to switch.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I’d say MOST of the monitors I have ever been on are within 5 yards of what I’d expect to see on Carry.  It’s the roll that seems a little too generous a lot of time.  Their driving ranges on these simulators are VERY firm.  

That’s not to say no one has ever been screwed by a juiced launch monitor, but more recently I haven’t found a big difference in carry.  But yeah it sounds like you need to get down there with your gamer and get some more swings in man! 

• Like 2

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120X | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | :ping-small: Traverse | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8