TESTERS WANTED! ×

Simulator/Launch Monitor Question

J10

Last week I played at an indoor golf facility using the TruTrack2 System, my Driver speed was consistently 120-121mph. 

Today I was at my local Golf Galaxy testing new drivers I'm in the market for, their monitor was saying my Driver speed was between 106-109mph. A month ago when I was in there, in a different bay testing a 3 wood I was between 113-115mph. 

To top it off, today it was showing my ball flight as a hook, regardless of which driver I hit. I took 7-8 swings with each club... I have haven't played a draw in 10+ years, let alone a hook that no matter what I did, wouldn't go straight/fade. 

My question is, have you used the TruTrack2 system and is it as good as they facility says it is? AND, has anyone else experienced this at a Golf Galaxy? I don't even remember the name of the monitor because I was so mind blown by what I was seeing on the screen. I feel like I just wasted 40 minutes of my life. 

I've attached a picture to show you what the monitor was telling me and the 5 drivers w/ X-stiff shafts. In between each driver, I hit a soft little roller so I knew which data belong to which driver. I'd gladly listen to any thoughts/opinions. Because as of right now, I'm sticking with my 915 if that's what I'm getting out of the latest drivers. 

IMG-9593.jpg

63752967123--416F0EAA-CAE6-43FD-933A-5A35EC03C05F.JPG

Edited by J10
added info

:titelist-small: TS3, 8.5°

:taylormade-small: M5, 3 wood

:cleveland-small: Halo 3i, 22°

:mizuno-small: MP-18SC, 4-PW

:vokey-small: 52°

:vokey-small: 58°

:scotty-small: California Monterey

That’s from a foresight. If set up correctly, they’re very accurate. However, if not aligned with the screen it can definitely show flawed data in terms of flight path. It shouldn’t be off in terms of ball speed. If it was showing club speed, it was either a GC2 and has an HMT attachment, or it’s a GCQUAD. Both require metal stickers on the club head for accurate club data. I know nothing about the other system. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

Today, most professional grade products are pretty good but they are all different and I would say comparing across systems isn’t going to be very reliable. Always compare head to head on the same system.

When looking at information on a launch monitor it is important to know what the settings are and has it been properly calibrated.

If you are seeing results that do not align with what you see on the course I would question the results as well. This goes back to the second paragraph on how was the LM setup. I wouldn’t worry about 10mph variances
In clubhead speed but significant ball flight differences would raise questions. Additionally people respond differently in a confined space so you may not swing like you do on a course.

Not much that anyone on the forum is going to be able to tell you about how accurate the information is.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG