Draw biased drivers vs working on swing

I play to a slight fade and even then it's not dependable. Recently purchased a Callaway B21 driver and it has really changed my way of playing. This is supposed to be  a draw biased driver, but it plays very neutral to me. Bottom line is that if there is something that helps me without looking like a crutch, I'm all for it. Looking at this driver, you can't tell it's  draw biased. My drives now are straight maybe with a very slight draw, which is a new experience for me.  When you live in a rural area, your options are very limited. 

:ping-small: G400 MAX  Ping Tour 65

:cobra-small: FW 15* King F-7 :Fuji: PRO-65

:ping-small: G400 Hybrid Alta CB-70

PXG 0211 5-SW Mitsubishi MMT Graphite

:titelist-small: AP1 52* SW TT XP-95

:taylormade-small: MG 58* TT DG Wedge

Scotty Cameron Custom welded LN 

Grips- GP MCC+4

• 2 months later...

I'd say the answer to the OP is "it depends". If you're a younger guy and you want to really get better and want to put in the time, then yes, get the lessons. I'm 64 , a 12 hdcp and pretty happy with that. Would I like to get better? Sure, but not at the cost of hours at the range. If I can buy a club that will help me improve , why not? Guys change putters all the time, update their irons, etc. Why not just learn to hit your old clubs better? We all buy new clubs to help our game and swing faults in some way.

My problem is the opposite. I hit a draw and sometimes a pull draw that gets me in trouble. So I went out and got a fade biased driver with an open face (not adjustable) and now no matter how hard I go after it the pull just stays straight down the left side in a worst case scenario and usually fades back. Easy peasy. I have room in my bag to carry two drivers so might carry a fade and draw driver. All without having to change my swing. I usually lose at least 2-3 shots from pull hooking one out of bounds or at least into the trees where I have to punch out. If I eliminate that I just knocked 3 shots off my handicap without changing my swing at all.

One other thing to the OP, you say your instructor doesn't want you messing with draw drivers? Couldn't be that if they work he's out some revenue could it? Just asking.

I'd say get both, trying to adjust your swing is the long term solution if you take the time to do it. Getting a ping SFT would generally do the job. I had a 40-80 yards slice before, I got a PING SFT and I generally don't lose my ball anymore. Yes I still had to work on my swing cause at one point I was drawing the ball with all the adjustment I made, last game I missed one drive, 20 yards slice or so while not aiming at the right spot at the start and trying to swing harder (lesson learned), ended up on the edge of the other fairway, nothing bad but it was the worst shot I did. That 600$ on the driver gave me the possibility to play golf normally, If I take my 2 old driver, my worst one I still hit them 30 yards + slice, the other one could be considered a strong fade at the most.