Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What are good stats and number for pitching wedge? Does my shaft fit me?

I am currently playing x100 soft stepped in my irons. Its a Mp18- MB. I saw my stats the other day and was wondering how good my numbers are. 

I carry my PW 140.2,

CHS 85.7,

backspin is 7651

lauch at about 28.0

ball speed is 108.7.

What do you think? Thanks for your helps

Edited by JohnCam

Honma TW747 at 10,5 deg w 50gr SR shaft

Taylormade M6 3 wood w stock S shaft

Titleist U500 2iron hzrdus 6.0

Mizuno MP 18 MB with KBS Tour 105

Titleist Vokey SM8 

Titleist Scotty Cameron Coronado.

I am currently playing x100 soft stepped in my irons. Its a Mp18- MB. I saw my stats the other day and was wondering how good my numbers are. 
I carry my PW 140.2,
CHS 85.7,
backspin is 7651
lauch at about 28.0
ball speed is 108.7.

How far do you hit 9 iron and gap wedge, gapping is probably more important. What does your dispersion pattern look like and how consistent are your distances

You swing faster and carry farther than a PGA pro, but have about 2000 less spin and launch it higher.

Numbers are simply pieces of information. The bigger question is how do those numbers work for you?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Dispersions are tight and distances are really consistent.

i can carry my 9 up to 150-155. My 52 goes about 125.

I can shape it both ways but often I hit a straight shot if not a little cut but with higher lofted club its a straight shot.

Does launching it higher means that i dont hit down on it as much?

Is the spin rate something i should takecare of. I think X100 are lower spinned!

Do you think the shaft is too stiff for my swing speed?

Titleist Vokey SM8 

Dispersions are tight and distances are really consistent.
i can carry my 9 up to 150-155. My 52 goes about 125.
I can shape it both ways but often I hit a straight shot if not a little cut but with higher lofted club its a straight shot.
Does launching it higher means that i dont hit down on it as much?
Is the spin rate something i should takecare of. I think X100 are lower spinned!
Do you think the shaft is too stiff for my swing speed?

When you say 9 iron “up to” 150 that means max distance not normal carry. You have 125
Carry with gap. So distances are 125-140-150(max). That seems to indicate a gapping issue between PW and 9.

Doesn’t matter if you can shape shots, can you hit distances in 5 yard increments?

Launching higher and less spin are just comparisons to a tour pro average; basically means nothing. Do you need more spin? How does the ball react on the green when it lands? Do you want something different? Higher ball flight can compensate for lower spin; especially when seeking more distance.

Can’t tell you if you have the right shafts. Shafts are about loading and unloading and you would need to provide more detailed numbers on club delivery. Swing speed is only a small part of fitting.

What do you think is wrong? What do you want to do differently? Have you done a gapping session for all your clubs? Why focus on PW and not the set as a whole?

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I those are my carry distances i know this because its rainy season where i live so i dont get alot of rolls on course. With rollout my 9 goes 160 ish.

My ball roll a quite a bit on greens but i dont mind it. 

I like the way my iron as is. I just want to compare myself to others!

I was at the range the other day and saw some people with a monitor so i choose a pw and hit it. ive never had a gapping sessions before. 

Titleist Vokey SM8 

4 minutes ago, JohnCam said:

I was at the range the other day and saw some people with a monitor so i choose a pw and hit it. ive never had a gapping sessions before. 

Are these numbers from turf or from mats? Like @cnosil said, function outweighs any particular numbers. But given your speed, you're launching higher and with less spin than would be in the more "ideal" range. Hitting off a mat can lower spin and raise launch angle.

If this is from turf, I'd think something is slightly amiss with the strike to get a spin number that low, especially with a MB head.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

I those are my carry distances i know this because its rainy season where i live so i dont get alot of rolls on course. With rollout my 9 goes 160 ish.
My ball roll a quite a bit on greens but i dont mind it. 

Rollout should not be considered.

I really wouldn’t focus on others: some people hit a PW less than 100 yards and some more than 180 yards. Not sure how that helps. You should focus on you and the distance gaps between each club from driver to your wedge. If you want to verify the equipment, you should do a professional fitting.

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Are these numbers from turf or from mats? Like @cnosil said, function outweighs any particular numbers. But given your speed, you're launching higher and with less spin than would be in the more "ideal" range. Hitting off a mat can lower spin and raise launch angle.

If this is from turf, I'd think something is slightly amiss with the strike to get a spin number that low, especially with a MB head.

Yup its from a mat. But as far as distance its accurate!

Titleist Vokey SM8 

4 hours ago, JohnCam said:

I carry my PW 140.2,

CHS 85.7,

backspin is 7651

lauch at about 28.0

ball speed is 108.7.

For that swing speed, I think it's pretty close to what you should be getting for distance. As someone else said that spin number is probably a bit below optimal and launch might be a hair low.  However, I would be more concerned with decent angle with your irons.  You want to know how soft they are coming into greens.

Do you have an issue with any of the above?  If not, you don't just want to get sucked into all of the minutia.  You are playing golf, not numbers.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

25 minutes ago, JohnCam said:

If you like your irons, go play them.  How well you score on the course is a better indicator of how you measure against other golfers. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

3 minutes ago, juspoole said:

For that swing speed, I think it's pretty close to what you should be getting for distance. As someone else said that spin number is probably a bit below optimal and launch might be a hair low.  However, I would be more concerned with decent angle with your irons.  You want to know how soft they are coming into greens.

Do you have an issue with any of the above?  If not, you don't just want to get sucked into all of the minutia.  You are playing golf, not numbers.

Yes Thanks!

1 minute ago, CarlH said:

If you like your irons, go play them.  How well you score on the course is a better indicator of how you measure against other golfers. 

yup! I love my irons, very consistent with it! shooting mid seventies rn and its all good!

Titleist Vokey SM8