Anything ever get stolen from you at a course?

It just comes to mind that I've had my money stolen from me on the course by unscrupulous sandbaggers.

Still can't think of any equipment, though.

I won't brag because I still have at least a  little bit of golf in front of me so it could still happen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, BostonSal said:

It just comes to mind that I've had my money stolen from me on the course by unscrupulous sandbaggers.

Still can't think of any equipment, though.

I won't brag because I still have at least a  little bit of golf in front of me so it could still happen.

And we get back to Rhoald Dahl's famous words, "gambling is not a sin....provided that you always win." If I play, it's at most for drinks or lunch cause it forces more time with my partners in a different environment, so just good vibes all around regardless of winning and losing. 

• Like 1

Rag tag bag, but it does the job. 

Taylormade R1 driver.

Cleveland CBX launcher irons. 

Assorted wedges.

Odyssey White Hot Pro putter.

I actually just went through the rangefinder issue, left my bushnell stuck to the post with the magnet and left the cart at the cart barn to be washed at the end of the day, got home and was getting stuff out of my bag and realized I left the rangefinder (I put the rangefinder case in the pocket where I put my wallet)

Called the course spoke to the pro shop he said hang on and I will call over to the barn, gets back on the phone "they said they didnt find one, you sure you didn't leave it on the course somewhere?"

🙄

• Sad 4

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

8 hours ago, TBT said:

I actually just went through the rangefinder issue, left my bushnell stuck to the post with the magnet and left the cart at the cart barn to be washed at the end of the day, got home and was getting stuff out of my bag and realized I left the rangefinder (I put the rangefinder case in the pocket where I put my wallet)

Called the course spoke to the pro shop he said hang on and I will call over to the barn, gets back on the phone "they said they didnt find one, you sure you didn't leave it on the course somewhere?"

🙄

Same happened to me with my Precision Pro. Called the course immediately, left 2 messages, on the third call I got someone and the immediate response was "nope, sorry, nothing's been turned in. Can't help". 

😕 

• Sad 3

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
Whatever ball I have 3 dozen of that my kids got me as a gift

Twitter: @russtopherb

12 hours ago, MNUte said:

And we get back to Rhoald Dahl's famous words, "gambling is not a sin....provided that you always win." If I play, it's at most for drinks or lunch cause it forces more time with my partners in a different environment, so just good vibes all around regardless of winning and losing. 

Our little side bets rarely include the deed to the ranch.

I merely exaggerate for literary effect.

On 3/17/2021 at 8:46 PM, ballplayer002003 said:

Wait...you could hit that thing?  That's impressive.  haha I'm not sure why ANYONE would want that.  😆😆.  In all seriousness, I bet you had that for a while and simply loved that club.  I think we have all had those in our bag, that one club that was just old faithful!  That sucks.  Did you replace it with the identical club or did you upgrade?

Geez - just now saw this.....sorry in the delay.

I ended up trying a hybrid then a couple other driving irons over the years that I did not really get along with.  Now, I know much more about what will work and pretty happy with my hybrid and driving iron. 

I did find another one soon after, but they wanted like $140 for the club and it was not the correct shaft and I just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5                                                     Testing: :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X                   Testing: :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Someone stole my locker, took the padlock off and emptied it, leaving everything nicely in the corner of the changing room and put their padlock on it.

My Dad had a Polo shirt stolen from the locker room, went to get changed after his round and it was gone

• Like 1

:callaway-small:, Driver, Mavrik Max 10.5*, Aldila rouge white 60, XS flex

:mizuno-small:, 3 Wood, MX-700, S flex

:callaway-small:, 4 Hybrid, Mavrik Max, S flex

:Sub70: , 5-PW 699 Pro, KBS Tour S flex

:titelist-small:, Wedges, Vokey, 52*, 56*, 60*

:odyssey-small:, Putter, Stroke Lab Black #7

:bridgestone-small:, Ball, Tour B X

1 hour ago, benb1989 said:

Someone stole my locker, took the padlock off and emptied it, leaving everything nicely in the corner of the changing room and put their padlock on it.

My Dad had a Polo shirt stolen from the locker room, went to get changed after his round and it was gone

Did you return the favour?

• Like 1

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0

Hybrid: :Sub70: 949X Pro 2 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I never saw this thread before - I have never had anything stolen but like others I've had two wedges - "found" by someone else and not returned.  One was at a muni, the other was at a private club where I had been a guest - that one really hurt as it was the Gap Wedge to a set, one that I hit quite well.

I did have my bag stolen twice, once from the back of my car when my son left it in there - long story and best thing that every happened to me equipment wise as the pro at my club handled the insurance company perfectly and set me up with a great set - the bones of the one that I played my best golf ever with - actually the only change from that set was putter for about 10 years.  The second time was when my entire van was stolen out of my drive way. 

Fortunately the police found that in less than a day.  I had packed it to go to a church convention the night before - it had all of my vestments and several religious books. The police said it was probably joy riding kids and that they may have gotten spooked when they saw what was in the rear portion of the van.  It was less in a back ally less than a mile from my house.

• Like 3

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

Revkev, Having the police find your bag in less than a day sounds like divine intervention!  

I have "lost" a pair of nice Oakley's and a few wedges, but fortunately, I don't keep my bag in the car, so haven't lost any critical clubs.  Knock on wood!

• Like 1

:titelist-small:  TSi 3   9.0  AV Raw White 65 Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi3  15.0 AV Raw White 75 Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3 21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff 

:titelist-small:  4 iron 716 AP2 - DG 300 AMT Reg

Haywood  5-PW iron Signature - DG S300 Stiff

:taylormade-small:  52 - 09 Tour Preferred EF  - KBS Tour Wedge 

Haywood   56 - 12 KBS Tour Wedge

:taylormade-small:  60 - 10 Tour Preferred - KBS Tour Wedge 

:titelist-small:  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2

:srixon-small: Z-Star 

image.png.1cf0013c54bf0f68066ba2034c7799d0.png 

:Arccos: Official MGS Tester 2021

3 hours ago, MattF said:

Did you return the favour?

After a quick phone call to the person I went back the next day and the locker was empty again so I reclaimed it

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

:callaway-small:, Driver, Mavrik Max 10.5*, Aldila rouge white 60, XS flex

:mizuno-small:, 3 Wood, MX-700, S flex

:callaway-small:, 4 Hybrid, Mavrik Max, S flex

:Sub70: , 5-PW 699 Pro, KBS Tour S flex

:titelist-small:, Wedges, Vokey, 52*, 56*, 60*

:odyssey-small:, Putter, Stroke Lab Black #7

:bridgestone-small:, Ball, Tour B X

This happened about 6 weeks ago - Hit my tee shot to the right on a par 5.  The ball ended up in shallow spot near the course boundary, but still in play.  As my buddy and I were headed to the ball in a cart, we saw a pickup truck stop on the country road next to the fairway. The door on the pickup opened and a young guy jumped out and ran onto the course and grabbed my ball! He ran back to the truck while we approached.  I got out of the cart and walked to the truck and said, "Did you see a Srixon golf ball with red writing on it?"  He looked at the ball and then handed to me.  I said nothing in reply and walked back on to the course. 

So what's the value of a used golf ball?

• Like 1

Stay on Target!

PING G400 Max - The shaft is too long, has too much flex, the head is too heavy, and the loft is too low for my swing.  Best driver ever!

Wishon 929HS 4 Wood & 7 Wood

Wishon EQ1-NX 6, 5, 4 Hybrid Single Length

Wishon EQ1-NX Lob Wedge - 7 iron Single Length

Kirkland KS1 Putter

Titleist AVX Balls

:Arccos:

I've fortunately never had anything stolen at a course and I will probably learn my lesson someday about leaving my bag in very public places on the course. However, I don't know that I have anything excessively valuable to steal. I've also been fortunate enough to have had a few wedges left at the clubhouse/proshop when I've forget them. Honestly, I have picked up a forgotten wedge and forgot to turn it in before I left a course a time or two. I always returned the wedge the next time I was out but sometimes a week or two had passed. I kind of scolded a friend for for keeping a new Bushnell rangefinder he found in a cart during a prior round at a different course. I then proceeded to use said rangefinder as it was more pleasant to use than my Nikon Coolshot 20 (I still think cheap Nikons are very good but the Bushnells are better at picking up flags that don't have reflectors).

I don't think I would be too sad if I had my bag of clubs stolen. I think the only club that I would really miss is my Maltby UFW 3 wood. I have that thing perfectly dialed in with lead tape and would hate to have to scour around looking for another one because I think Golfworks finally ran out of new stock on those. 

• Hmmm 1
1 hour ago, Bulldog said:

This happened about 6 weeks ago - Hit my tee shot to the right on a par 5.  The ball ended up in shallow spot near the course boundary, but still in play.  As my buddy and I were headed to the ball in a cart, we saw a pickup truck stop on the country road next to the fairway. The door on the pickup opened and a young guy jumped out and ran onto the course and grabbed my ball! He ran back to the truck while we approached.  I got out of the cart and walked to the truck and said, "Did you see a Srixon golf ball with red writing on it?"  He looked at the ball and then handed to me.  I said nothing in reply and walked back on to the course. 

So what's the value of a used golf ball?

The place I stay in Florida has a little diving range. I hit a red Callaway ball about 210 yards (about my limit). I could see the ball. I hit about 20 more balls and then went to pick them up. The red ball was gone. So someone in a golf cart or an alligator took it.

• Like 1

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

Met a couple of friends at a local muni for a round one mid morning. In a hurry put my tennis shoes in the bed of my truck and went out to play. When finished I went to change shoes and,,,,,,,,no tennis shoes.

So whats the going rate for a used pair of New Balance tennis’s !

• Sad 2

“Adventure Before Dementia “

The only thing taken from me on a golf course was my dignity. A number of times. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 of the following:

Ping G400 Max

Cobra King F9 Speedback 3 wood

Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Taylormade M4 5 hybrid

Callaway Mavrik Max 6-GW

PXG 0211 5-GW

PXG 0211 sand wedge bent to 53 degrees

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree