TESTERS WANTED! ×

Any good higher lofted woods out there?

At moderate swing speeds I find a big difference in height and trajectory between a 9 wood and a 3 or 4 hybrid.

I even own a set of "new" persimmons from 5 all the way down to 15 wood, which is equivalent to a 7 iron but with much higher trajectories .

I find it advantageous to have a 11 wood instead of a 5 iron or hybrid but it's so hard to find a good 11 or 9 wood in the market.

The Callaway divine 9 is ok but it's so draw biased I can't keep it in the bag.

I've been searching for a set of low profile 9 and 11 woods for a while... Anyone know of any?

For a slower swinging player, higher lofted woods can get the trajectory needed to hit the greens at a distance.

Looks like tour edge is making up to 11 wood and ping is making up to a 9 wood

I found both on globalgolf.com

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

Look at pinemeadow golf clubs, the yukon series available in many high lofted woods.

Edited by BH43

Tommy Armour TA -1 driver

Adams 2 hy

Adams 3 hy

Tommy Armour 4hy

Adams 5 hy

STi-2 irons 6-GW

Acer 52 & 54 wedges

Pinemeadow SS 400 putter

Thank you for the info. I can save time from scouring eBay for an 11 wood. I think I can use some lead tape on the nice but strangely draw biased Callaway bb 9 wood, so just need to get a higher lofted one now. 

Thanks again.

Cy.

For a slower swinging player, higher lofted woods can get the trajectory needed to hit the greens at a distance.

Do you build clubs by chance? If so https:valuegolf.com look for synchron II fairwaywood components. I have built many of the higher lofted 9,11,13 woods over the years. The heads are not draw bias. Hireko golf also has a model but I believe its a newer model that is a draw bias. I am not sure if they have other high loft fairway woods.

IMO Good club heads to experiment with. Only high lofted woods (metal) I liked better were original Callaway Warbirds (steel). These synchron higher lofted steel club heads (non hot face) get high flight and one can actually hold a green with. Many of the newer modern hot metals are mostly draw biased and/or seem to me to release and roll out due to hot faces. Ok in 4,5,7 maybe but guys that want higher lofts (9,11,13) in fairways usually tell me they want specific distance (inside 200 yds) that can hold a green.

Imo, this is a cheap / cost effective means to achieve. May not be of interest but thought I would share. Additionally I do know several guys that still play old Ping Eye/Zing wood high loft fairway woods.

At moderate swing speeds I find a big difference in height and trajectory between a 9 wood and a 3 or 4 hybrid.
I even own a set of "new" persimmons from 5 all the way down to 15 wood, which is equivalent to a 7 iron but with much higher trajectories .
I find it advantageous to have a 11 wood instead of a 5 iron or hybrid but it's so hard to find a good 11 or 9 wood in the market.
The Callaway divine 9 is ok but it's so draw biased I can't keep it in the bag.
I've been searching for a set of low profile 9 and 11 woods for a while... Anyone know of any?

Sent from my SM-N960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app