Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

LAGP - LA Golf Partners

Bucky CC

I went through a long game fitting at Club Champion today and the winning hybrid shaft ended up being the LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X-flex shaft.  The sticker price of $215 for a hybrid shaft is a bit high so I came home to do some more research on the shaft.  Apparently the Bryson effect has hit LAGP pretty hard as their website currently shows this:

LAGP.png.cc19e7c5ad7e7a860facaafa318c51c0.png

Since I can't get any information directly from the manufacturer I thought I would put it out to the fine forum members here to ask about their experiences with LA shafts.  Anything good, great, or terrible to tell about them?

My second place shaft was the Atmos TS Blue 85 hybrid shaft so that one has been a lot easier to find info on (and it's cheaper).

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array F-2

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

Lagp is a true aftermarket shaft. $215 is about normal for high end aftermarket.

I don’t have any experience with their hybrid or wood shafts but iirc plugged in golf did a review.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Not much info but here’s some on the AXS

https://thepeoplesclubs.com/la-axs.html

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

2 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

I went through a long game fitting at Club Champion today and the winning hybrid shaft ended up being the LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X-flex shaft.  The sticker price of $215 for a hybrid shaft is a bit high so I came home to do some more research on the shaft.  Apparently the Bryson effect has hit LAGP pretty hard as their website currently shows this:

LAGP.png.cc19e7c5ad7e7a860facaafa318c51c0.png

Since I can't get any information directly from the manufacturer I thought I would put it out to the fine forum members here to ask about their experiences with LA shafts.  Anything good, great, or terrible to tell about them?

My second place shaft was the Atmos TS Blue 85 hybrid shaft so that one has been a lot easier to find info on (and it's cheaper).

What do you want to know about this shaft? I am looking at the EI profile for it right now (at least the R and S were tested). 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Just so you know, their website has been "under construction" for quite a while now and has nothing to do with Bryson.  Something is strange about this company and I don't have the best feeling they're going to be around for the long haul.

My bag is a revolving door!

7 minutes ago, 03trdblack said:

Just so you know, their website has been "under construction" for quite a while now and has nothing to do with Bryson.  Something is strange about this company and I don't have the best feeling they're going to be around for the long haul.

That's the kind of info I'm most interested in.  I don't know a lot about the LAGP company as a whole and when they don't even have basic information on their website it makes me a little worried.

Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200

19 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

That's the kind of info I'm most interested in.  I don't know a lot about the LAGP company as a whole and when they don't even have basic information on their website it makes me a little worried.

They have done the under maintenance a couple times. The popularity of the putter shaft followed by a redesign of the shaft was the last time. 

Bryson is a partner in the company. They bought out matrix shafts back in 2018 or 2019. Not saying that’s it’s not possible something negative is going on but they weren’t formed to be like every other shaft brand and I would suspect they are working on new shafts or redesigning their current lineup. You could click on the shaft question link and see if they respond to you

Here’s an article from mgs homepage 

https://mygolfspy.com/la-golf-shafts-same-strategy-new-arena/

40 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Here’s an article from mgs homepage 

https://mygolfspy.com/la-golf-shafts-same-strategy-new-arena/

That article is 3 years old and John Oldenburg is long gone. He quit after a fairly short time at LAGP. 

My bag is a revolving door!

9 hours ago, 03trdblack said:

That article is 3 years old and John Oldenburg is long gone. He quit after a fairly short time at LAGP. 

The op was looking for info on the company so giving him as much info as possible 

Never heard of them and they were not an option pulled from the treasures drawer at Truespec.  That's not to say they didn't have them but I don't recall seeing them.  Call me old school but not being able to speak with live body that actually works at the company gives me pause.

image.png.9663dd7ad8d30bc2398e06103d4e8b9e.png

That said, CC is a big name in the fitting business and one would think they would not be offering product that is problematic 🤔.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Never heard of them and they were not an option pulled from the treasures drawer at Truespec.  That's not to say they didn't have them but I don't recall seeing them.  Call me old school but not being able to speak with live body that actually works at the company gives me pause.

image.png.9663dd7ad8d30bc2398e06103d4e8b9e.png

That said, CC is a big name in the fitting business and one would think they would not be offering product that is problematic 🤔.  

Peoples clubs is an independent club builder and is very good and reputable and respected. 
I use him for almost all my work and others here as well as other golf forums do as well. 

Will is usually the one that answers emails and he does so pretty quickly. 

3 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Peoples clubs is an independent club builder and is very good and reputable and respected. 
I use him for almost all my work and others here as well as other golf forums do as well. 

Will is usually the one that answers emails and he does so pretty quickly. 

I will second this Will is great!

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

On 3/17/2021 at 8:23 PM, RickyBobby_PR said:

They have done the under maintenance a couple times. The popularity of the putter shaft followed by a redesign of the shaft was the last time. 

Bryson is a partner in the company. They bought out matrix shafts back in 2018 or 2019. Not saying that’s it’s not possible something negative is going on but they weren’t formed to be like every other shaft brand and I would suspect they are working on new shafts or redesigning their current lineup. You could click on the shaft question link and see if they respond to you

On 3/18/2021 at 8:52 AM, fixyurdivot said:

That said, CC is a big name in the fitting business and one would think they would not be offering product that is problematic 🤔

I went ahead and sent an email to the generic address listed on their website.  They responded back in a little over a business day with some general history and an invitation to call their account manager directly if I had any further questions.  To be honest that was more of a response than I expected so I think I'm going to pull the trigger and order the hybrid shaft from them.  I left off Tyler's email and cell # but here is the response I received.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for reaching out and your interest in LA Golf.  Matrix was bought by LAGP back in late  2017.  We launched a version of shafts in 2018 that were very similar to the OZIK White, Red and Black Tie of the original Matrix shafts.  Last April we launched a new shaft line called Tour AXS and RXR, partnered with Bryson on the Trono shaft and launched a more stable graphite putter shaft.  That's the quick version of the last 3 years of LAGP.

What you hit in Club Champion, who is our biggest partner is the Tour AXS Red.  This model is our mid launch low spin irons.  They are extremely stable without giving up the great feel.  We will be launching our new website later next week so you will be able to read up a little more on the shafts themselves.  If you have any more questions don't hesitate to reach out.

Best Regards,

Tyler Cleland
Account Manager

I’ve been a huge Matrix fan since they released the super stable Ozik Program 130 line several years ago. It was a bummer when they shuttered production and I was stoked to learn a venture group wanted to keep spinning their patents under a new brand. Haven’t pulled the trigger on any LAGP shafts yet but they are on my radar for a special putter project. I seem to remember Gretzky’s name being floated around as one the potential buyers back then - does that ring a bell for anyone else?

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

9 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

I went ahead and sent an email to the generic address listed on their website.  They responded back in a little over a business day with some general history and an invitation to call their account manager directly if I had any further questions.  To be honest that was more of a response than I expected so I think I'm going to pull the trigger and order the hybrid shaft from them.  I left off Tyler's email and cell # but here is the response I received.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for reaching out and your interest in LA Golf.  Matrix was bought by LAGP back in late  2017.  We launched a version of shafts in 2018 that were very similar to the OZIK White, Red and Black Tie of the original Matrix shafts.  Last April we launched a new shaft line called Tour AXS and RXR, partnered with Bryson on the Trono shaft and launched a more stable graphite putter shaft.  That's the quick version of the last 3 years of LAGP.

What you hit in Club Champion, who is our biggest partner is the Tour AXS Red.  This model is our mid launch low spin irons.  They are extremely stable without giving up the great feel.  We will be launching our new website later next week so you will be able to read up a little more on the shafts themselves.  If you have any more questions don't hesitate to reach out.

Best Regards,

Tyler Cleland
Account Manager

That’s great they responded and gave you some info. Good luck with the new shaft

• 5 months later...

I recently went thru a driver fitting at Club Champion and ended up with a Tour AXS White shaft.  It was the best of what I tried and I can't be more pleased with the performance.  My research showed that LAGP is a relatively small operation but the focus seems to be on quality.  Apparently Dustin Johnson has signed on and is playing their shafts as well as Bryson.  Right now considering replacing my iron shafts with LAGP shafts as well.  My fitting was done with a slightly older model and my purchase was the newer model - both shafts performed well without a lot of difference.  No they are not cheap, but they are pretty much in line with many other premium after market shafts.

• 2 months later...

I am currently gaming the AXS Red iron shafts and the LAGP Armlock shaft, and have a LAGP 105 in my backup putter. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4