Testers Announced (4) MOTOCADDY Electric Cart

Terry 

Tinton Falls, NJ

Sometimes walk, used to have Sun Mountain push cart but ride when not using one.

No push cart currently.

Would love to walk more and testing out an electric cart would be pretty cool!

In 2010, my buddy and I were on a bucket list trip to Pebble Beach and its iconic courses.  Imagine our excitement.  A dream come true.  Our warm up began at Poppy Hills.  The pro said the greens fee was $167 and hmm, we thought this wasn't Pebble.  However, he said that if we were members of the Northern California Golf Association, the greens fee was only $40.  We said we weren't.   Ah, but it was our lucky day.  If we could step into his other office. we could join for $25..  And we did and our adventure began (for only $65 :)).

We paid our greens fee and were instructed that we would be joining the two fellows who were already at the first tee.  After pestering a few regulars, we finally got there.  But wait, one guy didn't have any clubs.  Thought that was a bit strange since Poppy didn't seem to be the kind of place where people would be sharing clubs.  Oh well.  We asked whether he would like to borrow ours.  However, the young guy said not to worry. And then, all of a sudden, coming toward us was this could only be an unmanned golf cart with clubs attached.  OMG.  That was our introduction to motorized golf carts. The young man had back issues and found that walking helped his back but not so much that he could carry his clubs.  Consequently, he had put together his own contraption, the precursor of things to come.   Remember, this was more than 10 years.  No technology.  iPhones were rare. 

This low tech golf cart was amazing.  It could do wheelies.  Manage hills with ease.  Anything you wanted from this cart could be obtained by merely touching the remote control.  It was love at first site.  From then on I always wanted one.  But I have never been able to pull the trigger.  I started walking regularly during last year, pushing my BagBoy around for about 75 rounds and started me thinking about my introduction at Poppy.  I think it's time.  I'm 72 and if I'm one of chosen ones, I can guarantee you one heckuva of a review.  A short story or maybe a novel.  Please pick me! My friends and I are ready to abandon the old  (below) and move into this century

Golf carts 2.jpg

Edited by Biil K
Revised picture and text

Bill (1, 3, 7,  24hy; 6-9, 54, 58)

First name: Rick Bracic

City & State: Seminole,Fl 

Do you currently walk the majority of your rounds: Yes 

Do you use a push cart now, if yes which one: Yes, Caddytek V8

Jordan Churchill

Attleboro, MA

I walk and carry almost every round. 

Les

El Paso, TX

I play 70+ rounds per year and don't walk much because of the terrain of our course. I'm looking into buying a powered cart so I can get more exercise and would love to test the Motocaddy.

I currently use a Clicgear 8.0 

Clete

Hendersonville NC

walk roughly 3-4 times a week with guys who all have the remote control Kangaroo push cart

I use the caddytek 3.0

Edited by Fugatec

JOHN

HOUSTON, TX

I always ride cart unless my partners walk or if the field is cartpath only.  But, I would like to walk from now on, if there's a cart to my liking. I'm very interested in the Mototcaddy M7 because of the remote/ non-push feature.

When I use a push cart, I use a rental.

MARSHA

OCEANSIDE, CA

I RIDE THREE TIMES A WEEK: 2x18 1x9 HOLES. My husband walks 4x18 holes each week, following another's golf cart.  Because we play together once a week, that would be the only conflict we would have...who gets to use the Motocaddy that day?

On 3/19/2021 at 3:29 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (4)

When the pandemic hit last year, lots of things changed in golf. Courses were closed for a while, then they reopened with restrictions. One of those restrictions involved cart use. Either courses prohibited two people--not from the same household--from sharing a golf cart, or people just felt more comfortable not sitting a foot from a total stranger for the better part of four to five hours. So many golfers took to foot, as in walking for their rounds.

Motocaddy_M7 Blog Pic.jpg

The result created a demand like never seen before in push carts, with many companies selling out of them by May. Another area that had huge success was the electric push carts segment.  After all, given the choice would you rather:

A: Carry a 25-pound bag for all five miles
B: Push that 25-pound bag for all five miles
C: Just, you know, walk for all five miles

Ask about anyone, and  nearly all reasonably non-maniacal types would pick C.

That's where MOTOCADDY and it's M5 & M7 series comes in. 

According to staff writer, John Barba, "using the remote-control Motocaddy M7 is like having R2D2 as your caddie."

But we want to know what our readers think. We are looking for current walkers/push cart users, who are open to trying an electric push cart. We are looking for both men and women testers, that reside in the US.  

We want you to test/review and keep the MOTOCADDY and let our membership know what you think. 

MotoCaddy Pic.jpg

How to Apply

In A Post Below List the following Information

First name 

City & State

Do you currently walk the majority of your rounds

Do you use a push cart now, if yes which one

That's it. We'll be selecting the testers in the next 7 to 10 days.  So check back here to see if you have been chosen.

Tom Cincinnati, Ohio. Sun Mountain. Speedcart V1

On 3/19/2021 at 3:29 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (4)

When the pandemic hit last year, lots of things changed in golf. Courses were closed for a while, then they reopened with restrictions. One of those restrictions involved cart use. Either courses prohibited two people--not from the same household--from sharing a golf cart, or people just felt more comfortable not sitting a foot from a total stranger for the better part of four to five hours. So many golfers took to foot, as in walking for their rounds.

Motocaddy_M7 Blog Pic.jpg

The result created a demand like never seen before in push carts, with many companies selling out of them by May. Another area that had huge success was the electric push carts segment.  After all, given the choice would you rather:

A: Carry a 25-pound bag for all five miles
B: Push that 25-pound bag for all five miles
C: Just, you know, walk for all five miles

Ask about anyone, and  nearly all reasonably non-maniacal types would pick C.

That's where MOTOCADDY and it's M5 & M7 series comes in. 

According to staff writer, John Barba, "using the remote-control Motocaddy M7 is like having R2D2 as your caddie."

But we want to know what our readers think. We are looking for current walkers/push cart users, who are open to trying an electric push cart. We are looking for both men and women testers, that reside in the US.  

We want you to test/review and keep the MOTOCADDY and let our membership know what you think. 

MotoCaddy Pic.jpg

How to Apply

In A Post Below List the following Information

First name 

City & State

Do you currently walk the majority of your rounds

Do you use a push cart now, if yes which one

That's it. We'll be selecting the testers in the next 7 to 10 days.  So check back here to see if you have been chosen.

Tom Cincinnati, Ohio. Sun Mountain. Speedcart V1 3+ times/week

Jason

Culpeper, VA

I mostly walk in the Spring and Fall where it is enjoyable and the humidity is not insane and the hills are not wearing on you.

I currently using clicgear 3.5 which I got last year.

Salisbury New Taylormade M1 Demo - Tailor Made Logo Png Clipart ...Driver: Taylor Made M5 10.5*

Ping Golf Equipment Putter Golf Clubs PNG, Clipart, Black And ... Driver: G30 9*

image.png.00df737d38f4f9fd37b11b50e8e4142f.pngDriver: ST190 9.5*

Salisbury New Taylormade M1 Demo - Tailor Made Logo Png Clipart ...Irons: Taylor Made Tour Performance MC

image.jpeg.7e7087a1a1f633b912c1a5d9413d09de.jpegIrons: Proto Rose

Ladies Golf Balls - Titleist Golf Logo Clipart (#110861) - PinClipartWedges: SM7 52.08; SM6 60.04

Cleveland Golf Png & Free Cleveland Golf.png Transparent Images ...Wedges: 488

image.png.9b4869d39e352c525c17ea18121eeaa1.pngPutter: Studio Stock 28

image.png.f67aa2910065315c0a3ef51fda8a1b46.pngPutter: Maltby; Moment XI Tour

Sam

Albany NY

I walk most of the times, all but one round last summer, but carry my bag. I wanted to invest in a cart last year but they were hard to come by. Joined a club for this season and they have some older push carts available but would love to try this out!

Craig

Prospect, KY

I walk all winter long, and anytime course is cart path only as I actually enjoy walking more than riding the cart.  In the heat of the summer I do ride, one to stay out of the heat and two to ensure pace of paly during peak times.

My current pushcart is TourTrek

Tom

Philadelphia PA

I split the time between riding and walking. Much more walking since pandemic

i use a Bag Boy Nitron currently 

Drew

New York, NY

I walk about 2/3 of my rounds about 2 a week, nowadays.

I use a Sun Mountain push cart. I could use a easy  “no push cart”. 

IT would probably make my life easier and make the walk and the view better. When you push and walk you have to look down at the ground a lot. Also having you read hands free; has got to be more enjoyable.

WITB:

Driver:  Taylormade  SLDR Fujikura XLR8 61 S RH.   

3 Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 3W

Hybrid: Ping G400 3 Hyb 19 degree S

Irons: Titleist 710 AP1 5-PW Aerotek Steelfiber i110 cw S RH standard lie 

Wedges: 50 Callaway MD 4, 54 Vokey SM5, 58 Callaway Forged

Putters: Ping Grayhawk Putter