Testers Announced (4) MOTOCADDY Electric Cart

Noah

Topeka,KS

I used to walk alot even after high school play, but now ride most of the time after my diagnosis. I still walk 9 here and there, but not as much as I would like too.

When I did walk, I had a Clicgear 3.0 push cart, that has been with me for years now. Just recently gave it to my girlfriend for her tournaments.

On 3/19/2021 at 3:29 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (4)

When the pandemic hit last year, lots of things changed in golf. Courses were closed for a while, then they reopened with restrictions. One of those restrictions involved cart use. Either courses prohibited two people--not from the same household--from sharing a golf cart, or people just felt more comfortable not sitting a foot from a total stranger for the better part of four to five hours. So many golfers took to foot, as in walking for their rounds.

Motocaddy_M7 Blog Pic.jpg

The result created a demand like never seen before in push carts, with many companies selling out of them by May. Another area that had huge success was the electric push carts segment.  After all, given the choice would you rather:

A: Carry a 25-pound bag for all five miles
B: Push that 25-pound bag for all five miles
C: Just, you know, walk for all five miles

Ask about anyone, and  nearly all reasonably non-maniacal types would pick C.

That's where MOTOCADDY and it's M5 & M7 series comes in. 

According to staff writer, John Barba, "using the remote-control Motocaddy M7 is like having R2D2 as your caddie."

But we want to know what our readers think. We are looking for current walkers/push cart users, who are open to trying an electric push cart. We are looking for both men and women testers, that reside in the US.  

We want you to test/review and keep the MOTOCADDY and let our membership know what you think. 

MotoCaddy Pic.jpg

How to Apply

In A Post Below List the following Information

First name 

City & State

Do you currently walk the majority of your rounds

Do you use a push cart now, if yes which one

That's it. We'll be selecting the testers in the next 7 to 10 days.  So check back here to see if you have been chosen.

Wei

Austin, TX

walk with my push cart at least 50+ round a year

I have a clic gear 3.5

Driver: Taylormade m3 9.5 Mitsubishi Tensei CK White S flex

Wood: Taylormade m2 Tensei CK White high launch S flex

Irons: Ping i20 6-PW R flex; Golden Bear 3-5 R

Wedges: Vokey sm6 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Taylormade Truss TB1

Ball: pro v1

First name :  Bryan

City & State:  Charlotte, NC.

Do you currently walk the majority of your rounds:  Yep I normally walk two days per week. 

Do you use a push cart now, if yes which one: Bag Boy Nitron

I'm a fresh newbie to MYGOLFSPY! Love this site and forum!

Male 54, play 3-4x wk. Walk as often as possible w/ a Bayboy Tri-swivel. However, after my 2nd back surgery and some leg/foot nerve damage, walking and pushing a cart is getting more difficult. A Motocaddy electric golf cart sounds like a perfect way to enjoy the round w/out all the low back pain afterwards from pushing a cart. Would love to try the Motocaddy M7 and stay fresh and relaxed for the entire round. Can't think of a better way to play golf, get some great exercise walking and just concentrating on the next shot versus trying to figure out how to push the cart while minimizing back pain. I'd love to try it and commit to honest feedback in a timely manner. Thanks for your consideration.

Can't wait to dig into more mygolfspy website content!

:taylormade-small:Driver: Taylormade M5

:755178188_TourEdge:3Wood: Exotics CB4

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade M6

:taylormade-small:Irons: Taylormade P790

:taylormade-small:Wedges: Taylormade MG2 50, 54, 58

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG Rossie

:taylormade-small:Ball - Taylormade TP5X

Jeff

Louisville, KY

Walk 100% of rounds (~80% push, ~20% carry)

Clicgear 4.0

Thanks for the opportunity to be considered!

:titelist-small: TS4 @ 9.5° w/ EvenFlow White 85         :titelist-small: TS3 3W @ 13.5° w/ EvenFlow White 75          :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

:taylormade-small: P790 4-7, P760 8-PW w/ Project X 6.0          :vokey-small: 52°, 56°, 60°

:scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport Mid-Slant          :titelist-small: Hybrid 14 Stand Bag          :titelist-small: -ProV1x (Left Dash)

Joe

Carmel, IN

Walk 25 Ride 75

Never used a push cart, always backpack it

Carl from Ashville New York

i walk as much as possible, maybe 40 rounds last season

I had a basic wheel cart that I gave to my wife so now I carry mine! 

Thwack

Chris W.

Herriman, UT

yes, I walk the majority of my rounds and living in Utah, the courses are often hilly.

I use as click-gear push cart and I’m not totally satisfied with it so I’d like to consider other options. With golf season picking up here, the timing is perfect 

Xander

New Madison Ohio

I walk all of my rounds

Bag Boy Compact 3

2021 WITB

Driver: Cobra F9

3 wood: Callaway Rogue

Hybrid: Cobra Baffler Rail H

Irons: Ping S56

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore

Putter: Ping Sigma G Kushin

Ball: TaylorMade Tour Response

First name:

Jon

City & State:

Portland, OR. I play the majority of my rounds in Banks, OR as the President of the Men’s Club.

Do you currently walk the majority of your rounds:

Yes, I walk 99% of my rounds.

Do you use a push cart now, if yes which one:

Yes, I have a Clicgear.

That's it. We'll be selecting the testers in the next 7 to 10 days.  So check back here to see if you have been chosen.

Yohance

El Cerrito, California 

I almost always walk unless not allowed. Two main courses I play, one is extremely hilly the other is pretty flat. Would love to see how electric cart does on the two. 

I currently use a Bagboy Nitron pushcart.

I winter in Phoenix Arizona and summer in Chestermere Alberta, Canada, playing about 110 rounds per year. I walk most rounds but with my 67th birthday coming in June I need to lighten the effort of pushing my cart. I’m considering ordering a Alpharetta e-Wheels V2. I’d like the opportunity to test the Motocaddy as a more complete option. I drive back to Alberta at end of April and am ready and willing to give the Motocaddy a full test in both golf environments - the Arizona desert and the Alberta foothills. So I have to ask you, who could give this cart a more full and complete test, especially from the Boomer this product is surely aimed at?

Matt

Walnut Creek, CA

Walk most of my rounds but, some are quite steep.  I’m anxious to test or read the reviews to determine if this electric cart might enable me to walk even the hillside courses.

Currently using a Clicgear 3.0

Thanks for a great review idea!

Doug

Morristown, NJ

Yes, I walk most rounds

Yes, Tour Trek 360

:ping-small:        G400 Max, PX Evenflow Blue 6.0s, until the adapter comes loose again in 5 swings. 😥

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, Project X PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg PXV R. Aldila RIP 70 R; King Utility 4i, UST Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap S 

:wilson_staff_small: C300 cast irons 5-PW. Fujikura graphite R 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter