Testers Announced (4) MOTOCADDY Electric Cart

Name: Matt

City: El Dorado, CA

I walk most of my rounds. Once Covid hit the buddies and I went full push cart mafia. I will actually never go back, love walking the courses. Would love to see how an electric cart does on the courses out here... lots of hills

I currently use the Big Max Quattro which I picked up after reading golf spys “Top Push Carts” 2020 edition. 

John Jackson

St. Louis, MO

40-50 rounds/year, I walk 90% of the time and do not currently use a walking cart.

I recently joined a club where almost everyone rides because it’s super hilly. I love to walk no matter how hilly it is. There are 3 pretty major climbs that are a real challenge to walk because by the time I reach the top carrying my bag, I’m completely winded and my heart is racing like crazy. Then you have to gather yourself, try to slow down and hit the next tee shot. On one hole in particular, - very short 320 yard par-4, I pretty much always make a double bogey and I’m convinced it’s because of that damn hill. I’d love to see if this cart would make a difference. 

Matt

Greensboro, NC

I walk about 70% of my rounds. Most of them in the evenings after work and at least once a weekend. 

I currently use a CaddyTek 3-wheel cart with the front swivel wheel. I’ve been looking to upgrade to a motorized cart because of the hills at our home course. 

Darrell

Syracuse, NY

I usually like to walk, to get my exercise and feel I play better golf. Have used Izzo push cart but have a knee injury and may need to ride. This looks like a great alternative to riding or having to carry the weight of a bag. Would love to try this motocaddy.

Thank you

Taylor Made Woods

Mizuno Irons

Titleist Pro V

Ping Putter

Theo

Austin, TX

I walk about 60%, basically until it gets too hot for me in the summer afternoons.

I use an older 4 wheel Bag Boy right now.

Callaway Epic 10.5, Mizuno JPX 825s, LAB 2.1 Directed Force

Ken
Denver, CO
Walk 90% of rounds with a Clicgear but also bought a lighter carry bag because it’s easier on our hills than pushing 40 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

As a Volunteer Rules official Any walking is helpful, especially when accompanying MP matches. As a retired sales executive, my communication and writing skills are direct and concise. I believe, if chosen I would represent the My Golf Spy community well. As a frequent reader I have bought many reviewed products and always go to My Golf Spy first before a major purchase. Due to MGS I have been a loyal Snell user from almost when they started.

PXG 0211 6-LW, Callaway Epic Flash Driver, Callaway 4,5,6 hybrids, Callaway Epic 5W, EXO Seven CS.

Iowa Golf Association 2019 Volunteer of the Year.

I would love to try one! I almost never walk a round , due to my knees.  I recently lost 45 pounds, so this would be a great walk in the park. 

19 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (4)

When the pandemic hit last year, lots of things changed in golf. Courses were closed for a while, then they reopened with restrictions. One of those restrictions involved cart use. Either courses prohibited two people--not from the same household--from sharing a golf cart, or people just felt more comfortable not sitting a foot from a total stranger for the better part of four to five hours. So many golfers took to foot, as in walking for their rounds.

Motocaddy_M7 Blog Pic.jpg

The result created a demand like never seen before in push carts, with many companies selling out of them by May. Another area that had huge success was the electric push carts segment.  After all, given the choice would you rather:

A: Carry a 25-pound bag for all five miles
B: Push that 25-pound bag for all five miles
C: Just, you know, walk for all five miles

Ask about anyone, and  nearly all reasonably non-maniacal types would pick C.

That's where MOTOCADDY and it's M5 & M7 series comes in. 

According to staff writer, John Barba, "using the remote-control Motocaddy M7 is like having R2D2 as your caddie."

But we want to know what our readers think. We are looking for current walkers/push cart users, who are open to trying an electric push cart. We are looking for both men and women testers, that reside in the US.  

We want you to test/review and keep the MOTOCADDY and let our membership know what you think. 

MotoCaddy Pic.jpg

How to Apply

In A Post Below List the following Information

First name 

City & State

Do you currently walk the majority of your rounds

Do you use a push cart now, if yes which one

That's it. We'll be selecting the testers in the next 7 to 10 days.  So check back here to see if you have been chosen.

david yoony

mountain lakes, NJ (play around north nj and hudson valley)

Ive gone through many push carts and have used many motored push carts starting with the kangaroo.  Ive also driven a remote co trolled cart into a lake due to control malfunction.   ive given up on remote motored carts every time. tipping iver going over ditches, trying to guide it through winding path, not stopping when u want it to stop, running out of batt, misplaced remote, they r heavy. i hate motorized carts. change my mind.  

this weeks WITB

Epic LS. GD shaft

callaway apex mb irons

newport 2 putter

Joe, Gilbert Arizona. Walk majority of rounds. Current push cart is a bag king I found in my attic looks like from the 80s, I’ve redrilled holes and bent metal to fix broken sides, and use gear ties to keep it secure 😂 still works

Nick

denver colorado

i walk 80% of my rounds using a clicgear rovic rv1s.  Having some back issues and sometimes pushing can be a challenge. A motorized one would be awesome.  

David R 

Southern Tip of Texas South Padre Island. 

77 years old golfer. Golf 3 times a week quit walking my Clic Gear last year when it got to be a bit much to push.

Seems like this might be just the ticket.