Testers Announced (4) MOTOCADDY Electric Cart

Vince

Clayton, NC (Raleigh suburb)

I currently walk only some of my rounds but usually ride a cart..

In the past I have used a Janus, but since it broke I haven't tried another.

But... i'm old (58) and the idea of walking 18 with a bag (even if it's on wheels) feels like punishment. So, as I said... I usually pay for a cart to ride.

I would be perfect to test this cart for 3 reasons:

1. I live on the ninth hole of a golf course, which means I have access to play a lot.

2. I'm in the perfect demo for this type of cart. Semi-lazy middle aged guy who doesn't want to relegate himself to always being driven around, but lugging a cart is sometimes a bridge too far.

3. I"m a professional writer, so my review will be well written and entertaining no matter how many words you need. I was a television writer in my younger days and these days I write advertising copy which means I'm damn good at finding benefits of products while also seeing the negative.

I'm about a 10% walker so I just wouldn't do this test any justice.. but holy incredible opportunity Batman!!!

Good luck candidates and give this everything you got!

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

:mizuno-small: STZ 9.5* / Fujikura MotoreX F3  
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Fujikura MotoreX F1 
:cobra-small:  King Utility Iron 18.5°/ Kuro Kage Black 

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS-1 3 - P / TT DG 105 (S+) 
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedges - 50/6 + 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 
:taylormade-small: TP5x

Live in Vancouver, Canada. Good spot to test as it rains and I play around 70 rounds a year. I alternate between carry and pull cart. 

First name - Charles

City & State - College Park, MD 20740

Do you currently walk the majority of your rounds - Walk

Do you use a push cart now, if yes which one - Yes, Sun Mountain

Steve 

Johnson City, Tennessee 

I play approximately 100+ rounds per year and walk approximately 30 of those. 

I currently carry my clubs, however due to my age, I have seriously considered purchasing a motocaddy.  If I’m jumping into the push cart realm, I’m skipping the pushcart and going straight to the motorized options. 

WITB: Epic Max Driver, Taylormade M5 3&5 Wood, Callaway Apex DCB Irons, Triple Track 2Ball Putter. 

Zack

sunnyvale CA

walking around 18-27 holes a week.

Got a bigmax IQ+ last summer and use it anytime it would cost extra to take a cart.

Donald, I live in Atlanta, GA  where about half of the courses I play are walkable and I use a Bagboy Triswivel (#pushcartmafia) and the rest are simply too hilly for me to push the cart but I would walk otherwise. Would love to try an electric cart.

Johnny Manis 

San Diego, CA 

I WALK EVERY ROUND, I carry quite often but I sometimes rent a push cart, play at least once or twice a week, love walking the course and the game 

Mark

Bend, Oregon

I walk the majority of my rounds

I use an old two wheeled Cart Caddy

In case it matters to you one way or the other, I have Parkinson's disease.  I was diagnosed 17 years ago at the age of 46.  I am not a great golfer but it is good for me to get out and stay active.  I am lucky to have a group of family and friends who still include me and are willing to wait for me.  Something like the Motocaddy would be a godsend.   I am a mechanical engineer but I hope you will not hold that against me.

John

Atlanta, GA

I historically walk about 1/3 of my rounds.  When I do walk I am pushing a Sun Mountain V2 cart.  It would be my pleasure to give you and Motocaddy feedback on this electric cart.  Two of my playing partners recently purchased the comparable MGI Zip Navigator and this would be a great opportunity for a direct, head to head shoot out.  And it would help me keep up, as pushing my cart up these hills in Georgia has me at a significant disadvantage.  Hit me up and let's do this! A good walk, not spoiled.

David

From Cincinnati, OH 

I work on a golfcourse and play for free if I walk. 2 to 3 times a week. It also helps me stretch out from sitting a tractor or mower half a day. 

I currently have a bagboy three wheel handcart. I am in my 60's now and would appreciate a little help getting up and down these hills. 

23 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (4)

When the pandemic hit last year, lots of things changed in golf. Courses were closed for a while, then they reopened with restrictions. One of those restrictions involved cart use. Either courses prohibited two people--not from the same household--from sharing a golf cart, or people just felt more comfortable not sitting a foot from a total stranger for the better part of four to five hours. So many golfers took to foot, as in walking for their rounds.

Motocaddy_M7 Blog Pic.jpg

The result created a demand like never seen before in push carts, with many companies selling out of them by May. Another area that had huge success was the electric push carts segment.  After all, given the choice would you rather:

A: Carry a 25-pound bag for all five miles
B: Push that 25-pound bag for all five miles
C: Just, you know, walk for all five miles

Ask about anyone, and  nearly all reasonably non-maniacal types would pick C.

That's where MOTOCADDY and it's M5 & M7 series comes in. 

According to staff writer, John Barba, "using the remote-control Motocaddy M7 is like having R2D2 as your caddie."

But we want to know what our readers think. We are looking for current walkers/push cart users, who are open to trying an electric push cart. We are looking for both men and women testers, that reside in the US.  

We want you to test/review and keep the MOTOCADDY and let our membership know what you think. 

MotoCaddy Pic.jpg

How to Apply

In A Post Below List the following Information

First name 

City & State

Do you currently walk the majority of your rounds

Do you use a push cart now, if yes which one

That's it. We'll be selecting the testers in the next 7 to 10 days.  So check back here to see if you have been chosen.

Lary

Weaverville, NC

No

Joel 

lakeland, FL

While I do walk each “Daddy caddy” round for my 9 year old’s tournaments, I do not walk the majority of my personal rounds. I would, however...

I have a pull cart from 1983 where one wheel falls off quite frequently, occasionally exploding off downhill at Mach 4, every 3.7 holes. I paid $17 for it after a lengthy negotiation over $3. 

23 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (4)

When the pandemic hit last year, lots of things changed in golf. Courses were closed for a while, then they reopened with restrictions. One of those restrictions involved cart use. Either courses prohibited two people--not from the same household--from sharing a golf cart, or people just felt more comfortable not sitting a foot from a total stranger for the better part of four to five hours. So many golfers took to foot, as in walking for their rounds.

Motocaddy_M7 Blog Pic.jpg

The result created a demand like never seen before in push carts, with many companies selling out of them by May. Another area that had huge success was the electric push carts segment.  After all, given the choice would you rather:

A: Carry a 25-pound bag for all five miles
B: Push that 25-pound bag for all five miles
C: Just, you know, walk for all five miles

Ask about anyone, and  nearly all reasonably non-maniacal types would pick C.

That's where MOTOCADDY and it's M5 & M7 series comes in. 

According to staff writer, John Barba, "using the remote-control Motocaddy M7 is like having R2D2 as your caddie."

But we want to know what our readers think. We are looking for current walkers/push cart users, who are open to trying an electric push cart. We are looking for both men and women testers, that reside in the US.  

We want you to test/review and keep the MOTOCADDY and let our membership know what you think. 

MotoCaddy Pic.jpg

How to Apply

In A Post Below List the following Information

First name mark

City & State Roseville, CA

Do you currently walk the majority of your rounds yes about 50 per year

Do you use a push cart now, if yes which one : speed cart

That's it. We'll be selecting the testers in the next 7 to 10 days.  So check back here to see if you have been chosen.

Hi, I am Mark from Roseville, California. I play approximately 75 rounds per year. I walk about 50. I have been recovering the last 5 years from 3 strokes and have been doing my rehab by walking and playing golf. I get somewhat tired towards the last 3 or 4 holes when I walk with my speed card . Would love to have an electric cart that would allow me to continue walking rounds of golf for many years to come.