Testers Announced (4) MOTOCADDY Electric Cart

On 3/19/2021 at 3:29 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (4)

When the pandemic hit last year, lots of things changed in golf. Courses were closed for a while, then they reopened with restrictions. One of those restrictions involved cart use. Either courses prohibited two people--not from the same household--from sharing a golf cart, or people just felt more comfortable not sitting a foot from a total stranger for the better part of four to five hours. So many golfers took to foot, as in walking for their rounds.

Motocaddy_M7 Blog Pic.jpg

The result created a demand like never seen before in push carts, with many companies selling out of them by May. Another area that had huge success was the electric push carts segment.  After all, given the choice would you rather:

A: Carry a 25-pound bag for all five miles
B: Push that 25-pound bag for all five miles
C: Just, you know, walk for all five miles

Ask about anyone, and  nearly all reasonably non-maniacal types would pick C.

That's where MOTOCADDY and it's M5 & M7 series comes in. 

According to staff writer, John Barba, "using the remote-control Motocaddy M7 is like having R2D2 as your caddie."

But we want to know what our readers think. We are looking for current walkers/push cart users, who are open to trying an electric push cart. We are looking for both men and women testers, that reside in the US.  

We want you to test/review and keep the MOTOCADDY and let our membership know what you think. 

MotoCaddy Pic.jpg

How to Apply

In A Post Below List the following Information

First name 

City & State

Do you currently walk the majority of your rounds

Do you use a push cart now, if yes which one

That's it. We'll be selecting the testers in the next 7 to 10 days.  So check back here to see if you have been chosen.

Tanner

Queensbury, New York

I walk 80-90% of the time

I use a Clicgear 3.5

I am 57 years old and have been golfing since age 13.  I'm a 7 handicap and walk at my home course except when forced to ride, such as in tournaments.    For over twelve years I had been using an off brand electric trolley, and  have spent many hours rigging it when things break.   Last year I bought a used Bat-Caddy X3R from about the 2011 era and have replaced some parts on it to make it work correctly. 

I have an undergraduate degree in electrical engineering, and worked as an engineer before a career as an optometrist.   I have considered that most electric golf trolleys have design flaws which I would address if I worked for the manufacturer.   Structural integrity at key points of the carts  is a common problem in my mind.    One must often push the cart handle down to lift the front tire(s) off the ground in order to negotiate obstacles, and this is true for remote control carts and non-remote control carts.   This is one of the stresses which over time causes structural failure. as I think designers don't consider this action, and consider that all wheels (usually three) will be touching the ground the majority of the time.  

I would be glad to be a tester for this electric golf trolley.

Bob

Edited by HittOD
spelling error

Mark

Columbus, Ohio

No, but I routinely walk 4 miles a day for exercise. I would love to try this electric "push" cart.

I do have a human powered Caddytec push cart, but my home course is too hilly to carry a bag. I would walk my course if I am chosen to test/keep the Motocaddy 7.

I am hauling my bag on my back.  I am about to bite the bullet and get a push cart.  This would be great to test out before my purchase.  Walk 1-2 a week.

That cart is so amazing! 
My name is Abbie

Twin Falls, ID

I try to go out once a week and I always walk, I don’t personally own a cart but I am definitely looking for one. 

On 3/19/2021 at 2:29 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

First name   Joe

City & State -- Dyer, IN

Do you currently walk the majority of your rounds - yes

Do you use a push cart now, if yes which one.  A cumbersome but useful PowaKaddy for 10 years and a RoboKaddy for the past 8+ years . I've used other battery units over the years and some were good and some not-so-good. I've fought with the CDGA to allow their use in tournament play.

Brian parkinson

rexburg idaho

i currently use a bag boy quad xl. I walk 6 rounds per week. I would be interested to see if the cart could keep up with me as I play fast. 1:00 per nine or so. Thanks for your consideration 

First name: Andrew

City & State: Bowling Green, KY

Do you currently walk the majority of your rounds: Yes

Do you use a push cart now, if yes which one: Clicgear 3.5+

Brent

Woodbury, MN

I walk every round I play and get out 5x per week.  The course I have a membership at has a ton of elevation change so having a push cart is a back saver for sure!  Most courses by me opened today... Perfect timing!

Currently use a Clicgear 4.0 push cart

Richard 

I walk all but tourneys that require I ride Bag Boy 3 wheel fold up about 5 yrs old 

Richard father of 7 and ex army enlisted then officer. Love outdoors 

John

Roswell, Ga

i walk the majority of my rounds currently carrying my bag. I own a click gear. I’ve also owned an MGI Zip Navigator in the past. Perfect perfect target market for motorized caddy. 

First name Mark

City & State West Hempstead, NY

Do you currently walk the majority of your rounds 95%

Do you use a push cart now, if yes which one Speed Cart V1 with an Alphard Conversion