Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

TSi3 vs TSi2

PingMD702

13 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

The black rdx was a pleasant surprise to me when I swung it a few weeks back. I was expecting similar feel to the smoke black which while slightly softer feel than the original black still felt to boardy for me even with an aggressive transition. The black rdx is something I would consider bling buying in tsi2. The ts2 with the evenflow white was a line drive won’t go left machine 

Ha! My TS2/Evenflow White combination was a big left miss monster. It was great when it was going straight but I couldn't hit a fade to save my life, and the left misses were starting to become more frequent and even bigger. I know my swing changed a bit throughout my time with the TS2, but the primary change was only a few mph extra club speed. The great thing about the TSi3 with RDX Black is that I can hit a fade now... and straight is the default. Arccos tells me the difference is 43% missed left with the TS2 to 20% with the TSi3 - and I've picked up 10 extra metres, too.

Those miss figures aren't gospel, though - my home course has narrow fairways but isn't super punitive if you miss, and quite often my left or right misses involve going too straight and through a bend in the fairway...

Edited by Finch

Titleist TSi3 9*          | Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65TX

Titleist 2021 T200 2 iron | Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 100X

Titleist 2021 T200 3 iron | KBS Tour 130X

Titleist 2021 T100S 4-PW  | KBS Tour 130X

Vokey SM9 50.08F          | KBS Tour 130X

Vokey SM9 56.08M, 62.08M  | Dynamic Gold S400

LAB Golf DF 2.1 Custom    | Accra x LAB

2 minutes ago, sixcat said:

I lied to you, man. Not intentionally of course. My pro had my driver in hand when I got here this afternoon.

IMG_0795.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

All good. This shaft is really good and one of the better low/low shafts on the market that fits a lot of swings imo

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

All good. This shaft is really good and one of the better low/low shafts on the market that fits a lot of swings imo

I’ve hit my first 3 fairways. The work we did was to eliminate the left side of the golf course. It’s early, but I’d suspect mission accomplished.

8 minutes ago, sixcat said:

I’ve hit my first 3 fairways. The work we did was to eliminate the left side of the golf course. It’s early, but I’d suspect mission accomplished.

That’s good. Based on my limited testing with it I had to make a really bad swing that leads to a pull to get a ball to go left.

Unlike the original hzrdus black I wasn’t leaning anything way out to the right either with the block/push fade

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Only played 14 holes. Got a bit too cold for me to hang out there much longer. It’s been a strange couple weeks with temperatures in the low 50’s and overnight lows in the upper 20’s to low 30’s. Once the sun went down, the temperature dropped to about 48*. I was done!

I only missed 2 fairways of the 11 where I could hit driver off the tee. The 2nd hole, I missed a half a yard in the left rough but it was hit dead straight. The hole doglegs left so it was right on my intended line. Number 13 is my nemesis hole anyway. I haven’t hit that fairway in 2 months.

Had a Titleist fitting last month and hit TSi2 3 & 4. 4 definitely wasn’t for me, 3 was ok, but 2 was the clear winner. The dispersion ring was the smallest I’ve ever had. Ever. I really like the club at address which instantly makes me have good swing thoughts. The sound and feel are better than anything I’ve had before as well. In the end it was between the RAW blue 65g and the RDX black 60g. Rep said he was edging towards the RAW so went with that. Played one round so far, missed one fairway and no club in the world could have saved that shot! 

Driver: Titleist TSi2 10 / Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue Raw 65 S

3 Wood: Titleist TSi3 15 / Project X RDX Smoke Black 70 6.0

Hybrid: Titleist TSi3 18 / Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Red 7 S

4 Iron: Titleist U500 / Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85 S

5 - 9 Irons: Mizuno 921 Tour / Nippon Modus 3 120 S

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 46F, 50F, 54S & 58M / Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Select (2016) / BGT Stability Tour

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV