Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

What is in Rhino's bag?? Some old, some new. :)

New member of this community but I am sure I know at least a few of you from other golf related forums I have been part of in the past.  I have gotten the bug to get back into the game after taking a few years off.  In my bag, the new are the :cobra-small: Radspeed one length irons.  I have not yet hit these on the course as I type this but I am hopeful they will do well.  Once I decided I wanted to try the one length irons, I got fitted,  and to my surprise the best numbers came from the Modus 120 stiff shaft ( soft stepped).   I never thought I generated enough club speed to warrant getting stiff shafts but numbers don't lie.   I was getting 15+ yards on each club versus other shafts, both graphite and steel so I am willing to give it a shot and see what happens.   The "old" in the bag are the :taylormade-small: RBZ driver, FW and Hybrid and the mini-driver.  As I got the itch to play again I went to check out the new drivers and FWs thinking new technology would be better but again when it came down to numbers and "feel" there we no clubs that were better for me than the used RBZs I found at the store.  I decided to pick up the driver and FW for next to nothing compared to the prices of the newer stuff.  I had always hit the RBZ hybrid very well so maybe there is a connection somewhere.  I am not going to try to figure it out, I'll just go with it.    The mini-driver and Rossie putter are left overs from when I played previous and should remain in the bag, unless of course the RBZ FW works really well,  I might then pick up a HL3 or a 5W and remove the mini driver. 

unnamed.jpeg

Edited by White Rhino

Driver:cobra-small: S3

FW: :taylormade-small:SIM Max 3HL

Hybrid - :bridgestone-small: J40 3H :taylormade-small:RBZ 5H

Irons - :cobra-small: RADSPEED One Length - 6 - GW

Wedges - :taylormade-small: TP Wedges - 54* & 58*

Putter - :odyssey-small: Rossie 

Ball - :bridgestone-small: E12

20 minutes ago, White Rhino said:

New member of this community but I am sure I know at least a few of you from other golf related forums I have been part of in the past.  I have gotten the bug to get back into the game after taking a few years off.  In my bag, the new are the :cobra-small: Radspeed one length irons.  I have not yet hit these on the course as I type this but I am hopeful they will do well.  Once I decided I wanted to try the one length irons, I got fitted,  and to my surprise the best numbers came from the Modus 120 stiff shaft ( soft stepped).   I never thought I generated enough club speed to warrant getting stiff shafts but numbers don't lie.   I was getting 15+ yards on each club versus other shafts, both graphite and steel so I am willing to give it a shot and see what happens.   The "old" in the bag are the :taylormade-small: RBZ driver, FW and Hybrid and the mini-driver.  As I got the itch to play again I went to check out the new drivers and FWs thinking new technology would be better but again when it came down to numbers and "feel" there we no clubs that were better for me than the used RBZs I found at the store.  I decided to pick up the driver and FW for next to nothing compared to the prices of the newer stuff.  I had always hit the RBZ hybrid very well so maybe there is a connection somewhere.  I am not going to try to figure it out, I'll just go with it.    The mini-driver and Rossie putter are left overs from when I played previous and should remain in the bag, unless of course the RBZ FW works really well,  I might then pick up a HL3 or a 5W and remove the mini driver. 

unnamed.jpeg

Hit em well old buddy! 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

1 minute ago, ole gray said:

That is the plan my friend... but you know how it goes.. LOL 

1 minute ago, ole gray said:

Hit em well old buddy! 

3 minutes ago, White Rhino said:

Crazy dayuuummm game! 🤪

Cleveland

• 4 weeks later...

For the last 3 weeks I have been hitting the range a 2-4 times a week and the local golf store a couple of times and I learned some things and made some changes.   I was able to find a HDLR 3W ( 15*) that I hit fairly well so I picked it up for next to nothing ($30) and it went in the bag to replace the mini driver.  I also learned that I the concept of the one length irons works very well for me as I thought I would because it means I have the same set up and swing for every club.  No longer  trying to remember ball position and all that.   The result is I am more relaxed over the ball and  I am hitting most of them very well getting better distance and straighter ball fight more consistently than my old irons.  The one "bad" thing  with the new clubs is I am not able to hit the SW very well and chipping is a problem no matter what club I try to use.  I believe that the reasons for this are the same as why I am now hitting the 5I and 6I so much better... the one length!!!  LOL   For "short game shots" the clubs feel uncomfortable and tough to hit because they are significantly longer that normal shorter irons or wedges.  I had read that a bit when I was considering the clubs and looking back I probably should not have gotten the SW when I ordered the set (should have stopped at GW)  but oh well, lesson learned.    I put my old wedges in the bag and removed the SW and it all works well.  Feeling good and confident with all the clubs now   Next stop is the course next week... fingers crossed!!!   

Edited by White Rhino

15 hours ago, White Rhino said:

For the last 3 weeks I have been hitting the range a 2-4 times a week and the local golf store a couple of times and I learned some things and made some changes.   I was able to find a HDLR 3W ( 15*) that I hit fairly well so I picked it up for next to nothing ($30) and it went in the bag to replace the mini driver.  I also learned that I the concept of the one length irons works very well for me as I thought I would because it means I have the same set up and swing for every club.  No longer  trying to remember ball position and all that.   The result is I am more relaxed over the ball and  I am hitting most of them very well getting better distance and straighter ball fight more consistently than my old irons.  The one "bad" thing  with the new clubs is I am not able to hit the SW very well and chipping is a problem no matter what club I try to use.  I believe that the reasons for this are the same as why I am now hitting the 5I and 6I so much better... the one length!!!  LOL   For "short game shots" the clubs feel uncomfortable and tough to hit because they are significantly longer that normal shorter irons or wedges.  I had read that a bit when I was considering the clubs and looking back I probably should not have gotten the SW when I ordered the set (should have stopped at GW)  but oh well, lesson learned.    I put my old wedges in the bag and removed the SW and it all works well.  Feeling good and confident with all the clubs now   Next stop is the course next week... fingers crossed!!!   

I was wondering how the wedges stack up in a one length setup.   Maybe you could choke down near to the metal/graphite on them and see how that works.... 

Cleveland

7 minutes ago, ole gray said:

I was wondering how the wedges stack up in a one length setup.   Maybe you could choke down near to the metal/graphite on them and see how that works.... 

I might do that down the road, but for right now, I want to have confidence when I approach every shot and set up and I think pulling the SW out and putting in the "old ones" which are 2" shorter will be better for me mentally.  But the choke down is an interesting suggestion.

5 minutes ago, White Rhino said:

I might do that down the road, but for right now, I want to have confidence when I approach every shot and set up and I think pulling the SW out and putting in the "old ones" which are 2" shorter will be better for me mentally.  But the choke down is an interesting suggestion.

Drive for show and wedge for dough! 😀

Cleveland

Just now, ole gray said:

Drive for show and wedge for dough! 😀

Right now I have no show and I am broke!!!  😄 

Welcome White Rhino to My Golf Spy, a Place where you can Learn, Live & Love Golf.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

13 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Welcome White Rhino to My Golf Spy, a Place where you can Learn, Live & Love Golf.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Thank you 🙂