Jump to content

Will Titleist ever have a Triple Track (like) version?


cjeffs12
 Share

Recommended Posts

So I purchased a ball marker similar to triple track because I really like the alignment technology, but I like the Titleist Pro V1x. I am getting better a drawing them on, but the marker always smears during play. Any ways it’s nice to dream that Titleist will bring similar alignment to their model. 

F9A6C7F5-A395-476F-9511-7B39C8C7B607.jpeg

  • Like 1

:cobra-small: Radspeed 9* Hzrdus Smoke RDX Black 70 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim Max 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 70 X-Stiff

:titelist-small: TSi2 18* Hybrid Tensei AV White Raw 90X

:ping-small: G410 22* Hybrid Project X Even Flow Black 85 6.5

:Sub70: CB 5,6 Dynamic Gold X100

:Sub70: MB 7-PW Dynamic Gold X100

:mizuno-small: T20 50*, 56*,60* Dynamic Gold S400

:EVNROLL: ER5v Short Plumbers Neck 35" Gravity Grip (Testing in Progress

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:Clicgear:  3.5+ Push Cart

 :918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope

:SuperSpeed:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope not at least not as the only alignment offering. 

  • Like 2

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Titleist TruFeel is as close as I hope they get!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I draw a triple track on the -proV1X; I’m trying the chromesoft XLS so maybe I won’t have to draw anymore....


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 1

 

24CC2B3B-0E46-4165-97D1-F1CA4C5041C8.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, cjeffs12 said:

So I purchased a ball marker similar to triple track because I really like the alignment technology, but I like the Titleist Pro V1x. I am getting better a drawing them on, but the marker always smears during play. Any ways it’s nice to dream that Titleist will bring similar alignment to their model. 

F9A6C7F5-A395-476F-9511-7B39C8C7B607.jpeg

I could have sworn Callaway said they have a license or pay for the right for that specific color pattern design to be exclusive to their brand?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I hope not at least not as the only alignment offering. 

Of course they won’t be the only option, not even callaway has it as their only option

:cobra-small: Radspeed 9* Hzrdus Smoke RDX Black 70 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim Max 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 70 X-Stiff

:titelist-small: TSi2 18* Hybrid Tensei AV White Raw 90X

:ping-small: G410 22* Hybrid Project X Even Flow Black 85 6.5

:Sub70: CB 5,6 Dynamic Gold X100

:Sub70: MB 7-PW Dynamic Gold X100

:mizuno-small: T20 50*, 56*,60* Dynamic Gold S400

:EVNROLL: ER5v Short Plumbers Neck 35" Gravity Grip (Testing in Progress

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:Clicgear:  3.5+ Push Cart

 :918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope

:SuperSpeed:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ACA_619 said:

I could have sworn Callaway said they have a license or pay for the right for that specific color pattern design to be exclusive to their brand?

Oh I’m sure they do, but if they could do something similar. It’s not as if people wouldn’t play it, because it definitely helps a big group of players. I have my hopes they eventually do something down the road, and I do believe in years it would happen. Just like their drivers, they eventually jumped in the speed and lower spin game, and now their drivers are on most wanted lists. 

:cobra-small: Radspeed 9* Hzrdus Smoke RDX Black 70 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim Max 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 70 X-Stiff

:titelist-small: TSi2 18* Hybrid Tensei AV White Raw 90X

:ping-small: G410 22* Hybrid Project X Even Flow Black 85 6.5

:Sub70: CB 5,6 Dynamic Gold X100

:Sub70: MB 7-PW Dynamic Gold X100

:mizuno-small: T20 50*, 56*,60* Dynamic Gold S400

:EVNROLL: ER5v Short Plumbers Neck 35" Gravity Grip (Testing in Progress

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:Clicgear:  3.5+ Push Cart

 :918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope

:SuperSpeed:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, cjeffs12 said:

Oh I’m sure they do, but if they could do something similar. It’s not as if people wouldn’t play it, because it definitely helps a big group of players. I have my hopes they eventually do something down the road, and I do believe in years it would happen. Just like their drivers, they eventually jumped in the speed and lower spin game, and now their drivers are on most wanted lists. 

I'm not sure ball alignment "technologies" are quite in the same space as driver technology and general design philosophies. Titleist was always capable of producing high-speed, low-spin drivers, but their design philosophies differed (and still do to a significant degree) from those of other OEMs.

However, if you want to look at drivers as an example, I'd say it's unlikely Titleist releases anything akin to Triple Track anytime soon (if ever) due to their lower-than-average adoption rate of new technologies. If you don't quite understand what I mean by that, just go back and look at the timeline for slotted soles and adjustable weights, or simply take into account that Titleist (along with PING) still have yet to include carbon fiber in any of their designs.

Titleist has always taken a measured approach in regards to technology - it would seem if they can't find objectionable proof that a technology works or provides a large enough gain over current designs and technology that they simply don't include it. The only technology I think Titleist has ever been fast to adopt is the adjustable hosel sleeve. To that end, they have always had one of the best designs allowing for independent adjustment of loft and lie. Also, I don't think they have ever changed it from the first release in the 910 models.

  • Like 3

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Aldila RIP Alpha 60 S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Bridgestone J40 CB (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Premier 4 34"
Ball: Snell MTB-X
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

I'm not sure ball alignment "technologies" are quite in the same space as driver technology and general design philosophies. Titleist was always capable of producing high-speed, low-spin drivers, but their design philosophies differed (and still do to a significant degree) from those of other OEMs.

However, if you want to look at drivers as an example, I'd say it's unlikely Titleist releases anything akin to Triple Track anytime soon (if ever) due to their lower-than-average adoption rate of new technologies. If you don't quite understand what I mean by that, just go back and look at the timeline for slotted soles and adjustable weights, or simply take into account that Titleist (along with PING) still have yet to include carbon fiber in any of their designs.

Titleist has always taken a measured approach in regards to technology - it would seem if they can't find objectionable proof that a technology works or provides a large enough gain over current designs and technology that they simply don't include it. The only technology I think Titleist has ever been fast to adopt is the adjustable hosel sleeve. To that end, they have always had one of the best designs allowing for independent adjustment of loft and lie. Also, I don't think they have ever changed it from the first release in the 910 models.

I use technology in a very basic and broad term, as I am not smart enough to understand all that they do. I meant as far as the driver, not that they couldn’t make low spin more “bomber” driver, but it’s fair to say from the TS range and on they gave the public more options to fit more golfers, in date I say, give them more distance. I’m in no way saying triple track is the same technology as a driver, but it is a mental technology that helps some people align better. The reason of Titleist and Ping only bringing advances that work are why I am such a fan and love their products. I know when they do something, it’s not a sales tactic. Which is why I think like you said it would be years down the road, and I think it would take a huge dip in sales. Along with triple tracks success with really helping align, can’t blame a guy for dreaming, right? 😂

  • Like 2

:cobra-small: Radspeed 9* Hzrdus Smoke RDX Black 70 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim Max 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 70 X-Stiff

:titelist-small: TSi2 18* Hybrid Tensei AV White Raw 90X

:ping-small: G410 22* Hybrid Project X Even Flow Black 85 6.5

:Sub70: CB 5,6 Dynamic Gold X100

:Sub70: MB 7-PW Dynamic Gold X100

:mizuno-small: T20 50*, 56*,60* Dynamic Gold S400

:EVNROLL: ER5v Short Plumbers Neck 35" Gravity Grip (Testing in Progress

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:Clicgear:  3.5+ Push Cart

 :918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope

:SuperSpeed:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I certainly hope not.  Triple track is just a gimmick.  If you really like having 3 lines on your golf ball, just go buy a Sharpie and draw them on.

  • Like 2

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 blue ion 54*

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ZenGolfer said:

I certainly hope not.  Triple track is just a gimmick.  If you really like having 3 lines on your golf ball, just go buy a Sharpie and draw them on.

+1. But the market will sort out if it sells golf balls (not necessarily whether it actually works or not). I only buy Pro V1’s occasionally but I wouldn’t want lines all over them...

  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° & 3W
  • Mizuno CLK 3H 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B (replaced ER2)
  • Snell MTB-Black
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, cjeffs12 said:

I meant as far as the driver, not that they couldn’t make low spin more “bomber” driver, but it’s fair to say from the TS range and on they gave the public more options to fit more golfers, in date I say, give them more distance

Titleist always made good drivers and they weren’t necessarily shorter but the philosophy around titleist was getting fit for the best performance. So the general population that bought off the rack wasn’t getting optimal speed and distance compared to the other brands.

Titleist had some influx of new blood and they looked at various data points in sales and club design and stepped out of their normal business model and put a driver on the market that off the shelf could compete on a launch monitor with the other brands and even more so with TSi. They still push fittings to get the best result but now have a stock product that can compete off the shelf 

  • Like 3

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, ZenGolfer said:

I certainly hope not.  Triple track is just a gimmick.  If you really like having 3 lines on your golf ball, just go buy a Sharpie and draw them on.

I do that, but I wouldn’t say it’s a gimmick seeing as how triple track has been doing well in most wanted testing. It’s not for everyone though, but very fair for thinking it. I wasn’t a huge fan of them at first, but for me it really works inside 6 feet, and honestly still try to draw very short lines because I don’t want it all over my ball lol

:cobra-small: Radspeed 9* Hzrdus Smoke RDX Black 70 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim Max 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 70 X-Stiff

:titelist-small: TSi2 18* Hybrid Tensei AV White Raw 90X

:ping-small: G410 22* Hybrid Project X Even Flow Black 85 6.5

:Sub70: CB 5,6 Dynamic Gold X100

:Sub70: MB 7-PW Dynamic Gold X100

:mizuno-small: T20 50*, 56*,60* Dynamic Gold S400

:EVNROLL: ER5v Short Plumbers Neck 35" Gravity Grip (Testing in Progress

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:Clicgear:  3.5+ Push Cart

 :918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope

:SuperSpeed:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Titleist always made good drivers and they weren’t necessarily shorter but the philosophy around titleist was getting fit for the best performance. So the general population that bought off the rack wasn’t getting optimal speed and distance compared to the other brands.

Titleist had some influx of new blood and they looked at various data points in sales and club design and stepped out of their normal business model and put a driver on the market that off the shelf could compete on a launch monitor with the other brands and even more so with TSi. They still push fittings to get the best result but now have a stock product that can compete off the shelf 

Oh for sure they were and are still great drivers. I played the 913 D3 until about a year and a half ago. I’m not high spin guy, and tend to be on the lower spin side, so it was amazing for me. 

  • Like 1

:cobra-small: Radspeed 9* Hzrdus Smoke RDX Black 70 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim Max 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 70 X-Stiff

:titelist-small: TSi2 18* Hybrid Tensei AV White Raw 90X

:ping-small: G410 22* Hybrid Project X Even Flow Black 85 6.5

:Sub70: CB 5,6 Dynamic Gold X100

:Sub70: MB 7-PW Dynamic Gold X100

:mizuno-small: T20 50*, 56*,60* Dynamic Gold S400

:EVNROLL: ER5v Short Plumbers Neck 35" Gravity Grip (Testing in Progress

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:Clicgear:  3.5+ Push Cart

 :918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope

:SuperSpeed:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know that I would put Triple Track on the list of absolute gimmicks, but I also wouldn't call it a technology either (like Callaway does) - it's literally 3 lines on a golf ball.

It makes sense that it would work well in assisting golfers with alignment between the club and the ball due to having more points of reference, but you still have to line the ball up to the hole (or other target on a breaking putt) and I don't see any reason why 3 lines vs. 1 line vs. 0 lines would make much of a difference.

  • Like 2

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Aldila RIP Alpha 60 S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Bridgestone J40 CB (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Premier 4 34"
Ball: Snell MTB-X
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

but you still have to line the ball up to the hole (or other target on a breaking putt) and I don't see any reason why 3 lines vs. 1 line vs. 0 lines would make much of a difference.

Exactly. It doesn’t make putts for you. If you aim wrong you are just better aligned to that bad aim

  • Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

I don't know that I would put Triple Track on the list of absolute gimmicks, but I also wouldn't call it a technology either (like Callaway does) - it's literally 3 lines on a golf ball.

It makes sense that it would work well in assisting golfers with alignment between the club and the ball due to having more points of reference, but you still have to line the ball up to the hole (or other target on a breaking putt) and I don't see any reason why 3 lines vs. 1 line vs. 0 lines would make much of a difference.

I think it’s more of a product of research than a design technology. Because it deals with the mental side than a technological advancement. It’s all relative to aiming, and weather or not one can even get it on line and right speed. Which is why I don’t really bother outside 10ish feet, I know my skill limitation lol 

:cobra-small: Radspeed 9* Hzrdus Smoke RDX Black 70 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim Max 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 70 X-Stiff

:titelist-small: TSi2 18* Hybrid Tensei AV White Raw 90X

:ping-small: G410 22* Hybrid Project X Even Flow Black 85 6.5

:Sub70: CB 5,6 Dynamic Gold X100

:Sub70: MB 7-PW Dynamic Gold X100

:mizuno-small: T20 50*, 56*,60* Dynamic Gold S400

:EVNROLL: ER5v Short Plumbers Neck 35" Gravity Grip (Testing in Progress

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:Clicgear:  3.5+ Push Cart

 :918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope

:SuperSpeed:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, cjeffs12 said:

I think it’s more of a product of research than a design technology. Because it deals with the mental side than a technological advancement. It’s all relative to aiming, and weather or not one can even get it on line and right speed. Which is why I don’t really bother outside 10ish feet, I know my skill limitation lol 

The main reason why I refer to it as a technology is because that's how Callaway refers to it in their marketing. I don't really see it as a technology either, but this is the kind of ridiculousness we have to deal with in golf. lol

  • Like 4

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Aldila RIP Alpha 60 S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Bridgestone J40 CB (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Premier 4 34"
Ball: Snell MTB-X
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

The main reason why I refer to it as a technology is because that's how Callaway refers to it in their marketing. I don't really see it as a technology either, but this is the kind of ridiculousness we have to deal with in golf. lol

When in doubt, slap technology on it lol

  • Like 1

:cobra-small: Radspeed 9* Hzrdus Smoke RDX Black 70 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim Max 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 70 X-Stiff

:titelist-small: TSi2 18* Hybrid Tensei AV White Raw 90X

:ping-small: G410 22* Hybrid Project X Even Flow Black 85 6.5

:Sub70: CB 5,6 Dynamic Gold X100

:Sub70: MB 7-PW Dynamic Gold X100

:mizuno-small: T20 50*, 56*,60* Dynamic Gold S400

:EVNROLL: ER5v Short Plumbers Neck 35" Gravity Grip (Testing in Progress

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:Clicgear:  3.5+ Push Cart

 :918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope

:SuperSpeed:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

The main reason why I refer to it as a technology is because that's how Callaway refers to it in their marketing. I don't really see it as a technology either, but this is the kind of ridiculousness we have to deal with in golf. lol

Technology is hot, so anything new is marketed as "technology".  And I'd bet the "research" that led to this was based more on golfers' perception rather than real data about performance.  Of course, perception is all that matters, if a player believes it will help, they're likely to buy in.  But this reminded me of this bit of research from MyGolfSpy, which concluded:

"Our test revealed that marking the golf ball with a line (as 70% of our test participants reported doing) provides no statistical advantage whatsoever over putting with an unmarked ball."

https://mygolfspy.com/mgs-labs-line-vs-no-line/

Only my guess, but I'd bet three lines are no more effective than a single line.  But if a player believes it helps him, go for it.

  • Like 2

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...