Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How many shots can you remember?

I can remember my ace, my albatross, and an eagle I holed out from 200 yards. Short of that, not much unless we’re talking about the round I just played. Being able to look back at rounds via arccos helps remind me of what happened during a particular round.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

My memory is one thing I am proud of. I normally can replay entire rounds in my head and can recall a lot of shots. Some good, some bad and others. There are courses that I remember more from as they were more special rounds I would say. Example a lot of them from my New Zealand and Australia trips as well as some low rounds. Arccos is a great tool and I would normally go through the entire round later that day to make sure it was all right and there was rarely shots I didn't remember. 
Hoping that this stays even as I get older and simply have more on my mind!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I remember quite a few excellent shots like eagle hole outs etc. I can pretty much Rebecca my entire round when I finish. I don't like to think about score or stat tracking on the course. So I try to write it in when I finish.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I can only really remember my very good shots or my very bad shots. Although I will remember more shots from my previous round, but once I play another round I will forget most of the shots

:callaway-small:, Driver, Mavrik Max 10.5*, Aldila rouge white 60, XS flex

:mizuno-small:, 3 Wood, MX-700, S flex

:callaway-small:, 4 Hybrid, Mavrik Max, S flex

:Sub70: , 5-PW 699 Pro, KBS Tour S flex

:titelist-small:, Wedges, Vokey, 52*, 56*, 60*

:odyssey-small:, Putter, Stroke Lab Black #7

:titleist-small:, Pro V1

I only remember the best shots from my last round. I automatically erase all the bad ones. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I can remember all the shots of a round I played in the last couple of days but otherwise I just remember really good shots or really bad ones. BTW, research has shown that humans’ memories are very unreliable, so that round from a few years back may have little relationship to your memory of it. 

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

I can easily recall not only all of my shots from my last couple rounds, but each of my playing partners shots from the most recent round---they hate when I remind them they had a 6 and not a 5 on hole 3 while we're having our post round meal 🙂

I generally have recall of my most recent rounds, for at least a couple weeks.   Some random rounds or a round on a bucket list course I may remember years later. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I can remember most rounds for a while and good shots a very long time. 
Rounds typically for the year. I don’t have any crazy holes but I remember close shots to the pin and 🦅.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

34 minutes ago, Hook DeLoft said:

I can remember all the shots of a round I played in the last couple of days but otherwise I just remember really good shots or really bad ones. BTW, research has shown that humans’ memories are very unreliable, so that round from a few years back may have little relationship to your memory of it. 

Sorta like when I was a kid when I walked 5 miles to school in 2 feet of snow... uphill... both ways!  😂

Of course, I remember all of the very memorable shots for as long as I've been playing.  I can remember each shot on each hole after I play that day, but only certain holes on the following day, then the holes fade out because a hole gets lost in all the other times I've played that hole.  However, I can only remember the holes at my home course or one other course I play frequently.  When I travel and play a new course or one I have only played a few times, I don't remember the sequence of holes well enough to associate shots with it.

Maybe in a couple of years, I will forget each hole immediately after I play it which should lead to better play on the next hole!  I seem to be forgetting everything else!!  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 minute ago, Kenny B said:

Sorta like when I was a kid when I walked 5 miles to school in 2 feet of snow... uphill... both ways!  😂

Of course, I remember all of the very memorable shots for as long as I've been playing.  I can remember each shot on each hole after I play that day, but only certain holes on the following day, then the holes fade out because a hole gets lost in all the other times I've played that hole.  However, I can only remember the holes at my home course or one other course I play frequently.  When I travel and play a new course or one I have only played a few times, I don't remember the sequence of holes well enough to associate shots with it.

Maybe in a couple of years, I will forget each hole immediately after I play it which should lead to better play on the next hole!  I seem to be forgetting everything else!!  🤣

Every year, we play in a 54 hole one day tournament--called the Solstice Survival, held ironically enough right around the summer solstice 🙂

I can recall each of those 270 to 300 shots easily enough.    The odd thing that has proven true, year after year after year.  You'd be amazed when you play the same course three times in one day, how many time you hit the exact same shot on a hole all 3 rounds.   Like finding the same fairway bunker on the same hole all three times,  or driving through the dog leg all three times.   Pretty funny and frustrating to say the least.   

Although one year, it was to my benefit, they run a closest to the pin all day.  So a shot on a par 3 in the first round has to stand up all three rounds.    One course, I hit it to about 6 feet on the first round, when we came by the 3rd round the marker was still there, and  I hit it to about 3 feet.   So the tee marker had my name on it twice,  yes It did hold up for those last three groups that came through.

To this day when we play that course,  @MDGolfHacker claims to not remember my success on that hole 🙂  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I can recall some but not all.  I have 3 aces and naturally, those are easy to recall.

As far as specific shots, there are two that I will never forget.  The first and final shots I ever took in my college career. 

First was the opening tee shot at Cornell University Robert Trent Jones Course on the 4th hole.  I was so nervous I could barely take a practice swing.  Whatever was going through my head, I managed to get it together and fortunately, smoked one over the right trees into the fairway.  

The final was on 18 at Drumlins East in Syracuse for the NCAA Regionals.  I hit 2 iron, PW to 8 feet on the right fringe and drained the birdie to end my days playing college golf.  

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I have a good golf memory. I can tell you every detail about a round that I played within the month. This would include the weather, each club hit on a specific hole, what ball I played that day and so on. After a month then a recent round replaces an older round unless it is something really memorable ( good or bad)

If I played a course once and didn't play it again for 10 years i would remember the layout. Where and where not to hit to, and how I played there the last time.

Ask me at dinner what I had for breakfast and you probably won't get a correct answer though. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I remember quite a few rounds and specific shots... mine and others.  The most memorable are those with my Dad, going back to the late 60's in Florida, the 70's in CA, and finally the 90's in WA.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I remember both Hole in Ones.  A few of the chip in eagles, and some bomb drives... oh, hitting the stick a few times.  A huge putt I made last fall, walked it in Na style from a different zip code.  I don’t remember them all, but nothing gets the heart rate up like sending a short iron on such a line you think it’s going in... the stuff dreams are made of.

I only remember a few bad ones.  Like shattering a dudes window... with a Shankeroosky.  A few of the wayward drives that I had to trek halfway up Mt. Everest to find... (clearly a little sarcasm)... 

Plenty more good than bad, and that’s how it should be.

Interesting question. I can remember quite a few shots and rounds from a few years backs.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I remember KPs, LDs, a few recovery shots, and every shot of a round for a couple weeks. If you asked me about a specific hole on a specific course, I could probably replay it in my mind.  

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

18 hours ago, CarlL said:

Can anyone recall entire rounds? 

I'm that guy even though I don't want to be. I have played 6 18 hole rounds this year and can recall each shot. Might be able to recall most, if not all, of my tournament rounds from 2020

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

I can still remember a few real good (lucky) shots from 20 or 30 years ago.  I still remember a handful of painful bad shots that cost me during a tournament.  I can recall every shot in detail from the last few rounds.   For example, I still remember a high, faded 5w into the green at the 17th hole at Marsh Harbor in Myrtle Beach like it was yesterday.....and it happened back in 1987.  I must have missed the putt because I can't remember it!  😁

When it comes to remembering courses its weird.  If I play in a scramble and start on anything but hole 1 I have a lot of trouble remembering the layout and par of the holes.  When I play a normal round or if I start on hole 1 in a scramble I can keep them all straight and know the layout and par when recalling the course.  

edit to add....

another good (lucky) shot i can still remember was from a random round from the fall of about 1979 at Spring Ford CC on the 8th hole after popping up a driver.  The second shot I had no business trying but it was a high faded 7i over a couple trees on the corner of a slight dogleg with the green guarded in front by a creek, to about 8'.  Again, I don't remember making the putt for birdie.  I kinda see a pattern of not remembering any putts!  🤔

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

I'm like most and can generally recall every shot from my most recent round or two with a catalog of much older shots of varying significance. There are occasions where I don't remember my round very well, even right after. It's usually due to an extremely poor performance causing me to just check out, or perhaps an especially slow round where I find I have to distract myself between shots to keep from losing my cool.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

A whole bunch, both good and poor.

On the subject of staying present during a round, it’s the most recent shots that I try not to dwell on.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

I can remember certain shots over my lifetime (e.g., ace, a few memorable eagles and circus shots) and a few rounds (not every shot but more at the macro level).  Mostly I remember some incredible shots that I hit perfectly and knew it the moment the ball left the clubface.  I recall playing a practice round during college where I birdied five holes in a row, the longest putt about five feet and hit three flags on approach shots during the five hole birdie streak.  I remember in high school playing a friendly match against another school, I fired an even par 72 after making an 11 on the first hole.  Played the next 17 holes 7 under.  It was like an out of body experience.  I've made some Phil-like incredible circus pars recently and I'll remember those for a long time to come.

I can recall a few memorable shots per round.... but my buddy who is on the TaylorMade Payroll will remember every shot of all 4 players in a group.
At the end of Pro Ams we will be back enjoying post round drinks. When someone brings up a hole he can replay it back like it's on video.
Kind of freaky....

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I can walk through every shot of my most recent round in my head, most of the rounds before that, and maybe 10-20 in my own highlight real. 

Ogio Woode 8 Hybrid Stand Bag
PXG 0811 X Gen4 @ 6* - Fujikura Motore X F3 7X
PXG 0211 @ 13.5* - Fujikura Motore X F1 8X
PXG 0311 XP Gen3 3i-PW - PX LZ 6.5
PXG 0311 Forged 54/60 - PX LZ 6.5
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2