:nike-small: Vapor Pro 9* Driver

:callaway-small: XR 16 3 Wood

:cobra-small:King F7 3&4 Hybrids

:mizuno-small:JPX 900 Forged P-5 Irons

:callaway-small:MD3 50* Wedge

Kirkland Signature 52*&56* Wedges

:taylormade-small:Ghost Spider Putter

:bridgestone-small:Tour B RXS

I can still remember a few real good (lucky) shots from 20 or 30 years ago.  I still remember a handful of painful bad shots that cost me during a tournament.  I can recall every shot in detail from the last few rounds.   For example, I still remember a high, faded 5w into the green at the 17th hole at Marsh Harbor in Myrtle Beach like it was yesterday.....and it happened back in 1987.  I must have missed the putt because I can't remember it!  😁

When it comes to remembering courses its weird.  If I play in a scramble and start on anything but hole 1 I have a lot of trouble remembering the layout and par of the holes.  When I play a normal round or if I start on hole 1 in a scramble I can keep them all straight and know the layout and par when recalling the course.  

edit to add....

another good (lucky) shot i can still remember was from a random round from the fall of about 1979 at Spring Ford CC on the 8th hole after popping up a driver.  The second shot I had no business trying but it was a high faded 7i over a couple trees on the corner of a slight dogleg with the green guarded in front by a creek, to about 8'.  Again, I don't remember making the putt for birdie.  I kinda see a pattern of not remembering any putts!  🤔

• Like 1

Modern Bag:  Sub70 849 Pro 9*, Hazrdous Smoke S Flex;  Titleist 915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

I'm like most and can generally recall every shot from my most recent round or two with a catalog of much older shots of varying significance. There are occasions where I don't remember my round very well, even right after. It's usually due to an extremely poor performance causing me to just check out, or perhaps an especially slow round where I find I have to distract myself between shots to keep from losing my cool.

• Like 2

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Aldila RIP Alpha 60 S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Bridgestone J40 CB (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Premier 4 34"
Ball: Snell MTB-X
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

A whole bunch, both good and poor.

On the subject of staying present during a round, it’s the most recent shots that I try not to dwell on.

• Like 1

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

Posted (edited)

I’ll fall asleep replaying rounds in my head sometimes. I don’t always recall bad shots, but when I do it’s during my backswing... 

Edited by CarlL
Misspelling
  • Like 1

Thwack

I can remember certain shots over my lifetime (e.g., ace, a few memorable eagles and circus shots) and a few rounds (not every shot but more at the macro level).  Mostly I remember some incredible shots that I hit perfectly and knew it the moment the ball left the clubface.  I recall playing a practice round during college where I birdied five holes in a row, the longest putt about five feet and hit three flags on approach shots during the five hole birdie streak.  I remember in high school playing a friendly match against another school, I fired an even par 72 after making an 11 on the first hole.  Played the next 17 holes 7 under.  It was like an out of body experience.  I've made some Phil-like incredible circus pars recently and I'll remember those for a long time to come.

I can recall a few memorable shots per round.... but my buddy who is on the TaylorMade Payroll will remember every shot of all 4 players in a group.
At the end of Pro Ams we will be back enjoying post round drinks. When someone brings up a hole he can replay it back like it's on video.
Kind of freaky....

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

15 years ago I could tell you what shots I hit during two trips to Hawaii back in the early  80's. Today my rememberer has a hard time remembering what shots I hit on the last hole I played today.😇

Edited by Letthebigdogshunt

I can walk through every shot of my most recent round in my head, most of the rounds before that, and maybe 10-20 in my own highlight real. 

Sun Mountain C130-S / Titleist TSi4 8.25* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 TX / Titleist TSi3 14.25* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80 TX / New Level NLU-01 18* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5 / New Level 902 Forged 4-PW DG TI X100 / Vokey SM8 50,54,58 DGS200 / Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Humble, TX / Right Handed / 10 Handicap / 37.5" 6i @ 61.5* Lie